PBP ONE on TNT 1: Adriano Moraes vs Demetrious Johnson 5:30/8:30pm PT/ET Apr 7 Discussion Thread

Wednesday. Heck yes. DJ vs. Moraes should be excellent. Avarez Eddddddddeeeeeeeeee! And Rodtang Clan (don't know who he is just felt like saying it).

Yeah, it's weird. In ONE it feels like he's facing Bantamweights. Not Flyweights who haven't cut weight.
I think a lot of fighters who entered ONE after the change in weight policy are finding this out. For example, Alyse Anderson just signed with ONE and will debut next month as part of the “atomweight(strawweight)” Grand Prix. In the media day interviews, she gave her walk around weight as 117-118. ONE’s “atomweight” champion started her last fight camp at 135. Definitely a big difference between an atomweight anywhere else in the world, and an “atomweight” in ONE Championship.

I'm happy Rodtang is making way more money than he'd be making in the stadiums in Thailand
but this competition is wack asf. they have completely ran out of matchups for him.

I feel like DJ is going to look completely undersized at the faceoff.
He is going to be dwarfed in the fight. His opponent is going to look like a monster.

DJ will have to be near perfect since he doesn’t exactly have Fuck Off power.d and Moaes is not only half a foot taller, but built like a tank. This card should be awesome.

I feel like DJ is going to look completely undersized at the faceoff.
Possibly. I think he should probably be fine though, he had a solid career going at Bantamweight before the UFC started Flyweight so he's had plenty of experience being undersized. The only real time it was an issue was Cruz suplexing him... and that's dominick cruz.

Back