One of the judges gave rd1 to Esparza 10-8

This. Sherdog has never made a mistake in their lives. We are perfect flawless beings.

We are not judges are we? We are not responsible for a fighters career and income. If that fight was close and Esparza somehow won a split decision because of that mistake the judge would have likely never admitted his/her mistake and we would have never known. if anything it shows how flawed the judging system is yet again

I think the issue isn’t the mistake, it’s the fact that the judge had a different fighter winning the first two rounds. Which sounds like the judge wasn’t able to differentiate between the two.

I stopped paying attention to judges decisions since Romero was robbed in his last fight. I mean you sit there and watch one guy win a close round and it's a 10-9, then you watch the other guy turn around and drop his opponent and beat him to within an inch of his life in the following round, and that's also a 10-9.

FUCK OFF!!

We officially have our winner for worst judge of the year.

Supposed "explanation":

I presume by "mistake" they mean, "Don't all Mexicans look the same?" Assuming he confused the fighters, it's not clear how then he got the 2nd round right.

Not to mention, neither of the two judges gave Suarez a 10-8 round.

Shouldnt they "note" at the beginning of each fight,who the "red corner" is, and who the "blue corner" is on their cards?
Yes this is a rhetorical question. I know they arent required to, but this is bad.
Plus, Suarez, is pretty damn cute. Even though she looked like a monster in there, I think shes only 5'6".....yummy

Deeeeerp. Look at me, I'm a UFC judge, deeeeeeerp.

I don't know where to write points deeeeerp.

gHiTtHj.png

They should let retired fighters judge the fights. The people they have judging obviously don't watch mma and have very little interest in it..
You'll have to find three people who have no connection with or bias towards any of the 20+ fighters on the card. That'd be hard to do on a regular basis.

Judges just need to be trained better and need to be held accountable for their decisions. Which is basically non existent now.

You would think judges would look back at their scorecards before finalizing them. If so he would have realized Carla got mauled in the 1st round and quickly corrected it.

They aren’t allowed to touch their score cards after they have filled them out (to prevent someone from deciding to sway the fight last min if the final round(s) go differently). They have to let the commission know.

There are other examples of this happening, one that was a fairly clear mistake and increadly difficult to explain how you would to the wrong box was Aldo/Hominik round 5. The one judge accidentally gave Aldo a 10-8 in the final round despite giving the first four rounds to Aldo and Hominik having an alien on his head in the final couple rounds. They announced that scorecard as 50-44 and amended it to 48-46 afterwards.

Evidently we need pics of fighters on the scorecard. Or just more competent judges.

They aren’t allowed to touch their score cards after they have filled them out (to prevent someone from deciding to sway the fight last min if the final round(s) go differently). They have to let the commission know.

There are other examples of this happening, one that was a fairly clear mistake and increadly difficult to explain how you would to the wrong box was Aldo/Hominik round 5. The one judge accidentally gave Aldo a 10-8 in the final round despite giving the first four rounds to Aldo and Hominik having an alien on his head in the final couple rounds. They announced that scorecard as 50-44 and amended it to 48-46 afterwards.
As long as it's explained and corrected prior to being given to the announcer, it's all good.

They should pretty much all be fired and I’m not even kidding.

Start with a clean slate, get rid of this good ol’ boy crony-ism and get some knowledgeable people in there.

They should let retired fighters judge the fights. The people they have judging obviously don't watch mma and have very little interest in it..

Imagine a couple years down the road and you have Chris Leben and Diego Sanchez among the judges...

You mean people with CTE who can barely remember their own names or how to dress and feed themselves?

Then again you're right, even that can't be any worse than judges are now.

Just proves some of these judges are drunk or on drugs possibly both.

Back