One of the judges gave rd1 to Esparza 10-8

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score

We officially have our winner for worst judge of the year.

Supposed "explanation":

I presume by "mistake" they mean, "Don't all Mexicans look the same?" Assuming he confused the fighters, it's not clear how then he got the 2nd round right.

Not to mention, neither of the two judges gave Suarez a 10-8 round.

Nah. The worse judges are the ones who scored in 10-9 instead of 10-8.

We wonder why MMA judging is so bad, they can't even tell the fighters apart...
tenor (1).gif

It just goes to show how incompetent and possibly how corrupt judging is in MMA.

They should let retired fighters judge the fights. The people they have judging obviously don't watch mma and have very little interest in it..

Last edited:
I remember some moron judge said "the UFC is like football or basketball it's a tough sport"...... If the judge doesn't even realize "UFC" is not a sport it's a org....... SMH

Imagine if something like that had decided the fight.

Imagine if something like that had decided the fight.

After seeing something like this, I wouldn't be surprised if this "honest mistake" has changed a fight result several times in the past.

Like seriously, how the fuck am I supposed to trust these scorecards when the judges don't even know who they're judging?

Tony Weeks would have been proud.

But I think they should sanction that judge and put him on something he can't fuck up, like reading the scales or something.

Gooooo Texas!

I think this happens way more than anyone realizes

Anyone can make a mistake and tick the wrong box etc.

Makes you wonder how many split decisions got decided this way

You would think judges would look back at their scorecards before finalizing them. If so he would have realized Carla got mauled in the 1st round and quickly corrected it.

No you can't. Not when a persons livelihood is dependent on you making a mistake. For fucks sake

This. Sherdog has never made a mistake in their lives. We are perfect flawless beings.

Back