One of the hardest shots khabib has taken in his career

So weird seeing Khabib getting Khabib'd.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Surprised he didn't blow out his knee there

<TrumpWrong1>

The only time he was remotely hurt was in a sparring match with Islam before UFC 229. He had a small bruise under his eye in an interview during fight week. No other UFC opponent has marked him.
Sounds like BS. Khabib is awesome but it just seems like you're talking nonsense

Tibau did more damage in that fight and defended all those takedowns. Should've have won in my opinion.
Rewarch that without Rogans BS. The whole fight is Khbaib pushing Tibau against the cage and hits him with flourishes. Not Khabibs best performance or most entertaining fight but he definetely won.

I mean he did take the left hook. How much harder you want him to get hit? by a flying knee? a question mark kick? lol

yes. I wanted to see him in trouble just to see his reaction. But alas with that avar granite chin, and mayqeather like head movement he never even got rocked.

Actually, you don't get points for attempting TDs, you get point for securing TDs.

Tibau gets no points for defending all TDs, Khabib gets no points for failing TDs.

You score that fight on the striking where neither guy was particularly effective. Tibau was more so imo but it was a close enough fight that it doesn't really matter who won. If Khabib lost that fight it doesnt' weaken his legacy. He got way better after that fight.

Actually back when this fight was scored, you DID get points for TD attempts and general aggressiveness (the old 'octagon control' criteria) so yeah, he did win based on the old criteria.

This is the issue. You don't get points for defending TDs. You get points for forcing the person to defend them in the first place. Your opponent is reacting to you.
That's why Khabib won but nobody acknowledges. Some people also argue submission escapes are better than being caught in one in the first place.

Actually, you don't get points for attempting TDs, you get point for securing TDs.

Tibau gets no points for defending all TDs, Khabib gets no points for failing TDs.

You score that fight on the striking where neither guy was particularly effective. Tibau was more so imo but it was a close enough fight that it doesn't really matter who won. If Khabib lost that fight it doesnt' weaken his legacy. He got way better after that fight.

Read the scoring criteria though: when the striking is near even (something you have correctly pointed out in your post), the judges go down the list. There is no way that Tibau won this. Zero grounds to call it his way.

Actually back when this fight was scored, you DID get points for TD attempts and general aggressiveness (the old 'octagon control' criteria) so yeah, he did win based on the old criteria.

Read the scoring criteria though: when the striking is near even (something you have correctly pointed out in your post), the judges go down the list. There is no way that Tibau won this. Zero grounds to call it his way.

yeah I'm aware of the old critera. some people thought Tibau's striking was enough for it to not be considered even. I don't feel too strongly on it either way.

It was definitely the bear, the rematch is inevitable.

Back