"One of the greatest fights in UFC history!!!"

Silva needs to work entirely on defense. He has terrible strike and all positions ground, standing defense. clinch. I agree with Brown. They must have drank a lot before the show Florian and Anik. :icon_lol:

Fox sports 1 telecast. Hype it up for the casual fan.

Agreed 100%. They try and make it like the fight was really exciting. The first half of the first round was, they rest of the time I was trying to figure out if Brown does not hit that hard of if Silva and take punch. It looked like he was about to collapse the rest of the fight..

Silva must be on the same cardio training program and Shogun. Shogun always looks like he might just fall over by the second round.

great fight but not even top 20 ever

Well, it was definitely top-100, so if that is what you consider great, then it IS the one of the greatest.

I mean, I thought the fight was really good, even with Matt Brown beating on Silva. It was a really, really good fight. I can't believe people are whining about this. TS on the rag or something?

Holy fuck, opinions! Somebody shield me from all of these opinions! Aughgghghfncdkjhbvefivobeifhbvoidhfb!!!!!

You're making a big deal out of hyperbole from two guys that were there, live, at the fight, on the night of the fight. It was an exciting fight, not necessarily the greatest or one of the greatest but it was extremely exciting. The hyperbole isn't that unwarranted in the heat of the moment. If two weeks from now Kenny Florian comes out and says "That's the best fight I've ever seen." then there's a problem. Otherwise, I don't see a problem with what they said. It's not as if their opinion is law.

Announcing is hard, and if I was announcing that fight I might have gotten caught up in the excitement and said the same thing

People complain about the weirdest and pettiest of things

It was a great fight, so who cares?

Like I said, I enjoyed the fight. And Silva landed a couple of body shots during the assault.

To be one of the greatest fights in UFC history, it has to be competitive.

Entertaining? Yes. An amazing fight? No.

A fair comparison would be an NBA announcer calling a game that ended 110-75 one of the best games in NBA history. And we'll say that the team that won the game trailed by 10 in the first quarter.

I hear ya but you can't win an NBA game by KO so that's a pretty weak comparison.

Definitely a hyperbole haha. First round was great, one of the best first rounds I've seen in a while, but the rest was basically Brown hitting a punching bag. Still an entertaining fight.

I enjoyed the entire fight, even when Brown was smashing Silva in rounds 2 & 3 he was still wincing everytime he got hit in the body. I wouldn't have been surprised if Silva had actually gotten the tko.

Fight of the year so far.

announcers job is to use hyperbole.

Just because they do it incessantly doesnt make it a necessary part of their job. Or do you also think Dana White saying fuck twelve times a sentence is part of his job too?

I enjoyed the entire fight, even when Brown was smashing Silva in rounds 2 & 3 he was still wincing everytime he got hit in the body. I wouldn't have been surprised if Silva had actually gotten the tko.

Fight of the year so far.

agreed, even though silva was getting beatdown, he was still in it the whole time, he was throwing and landing until the end and hurt brown multiple times.

I found the fight entertaining, but at some point it became hard to watch zombie Silva get hammered.

Beatdown of the year would be more appropriate.

I don't understand why people get on here and complain about that stuff. It was an exciting fight and I'm sure it was much more exciting being there and watching it live. It might not have been the "best fight ever!" But I could think of a lot more stuff to complain about.

yeah i was there and had excellent cageside tickets... it was extremely intense during the fight... and after i left... i went home to watch it on tv and see how different it would look and feel to me... and it was completely different... i didnt feel the same magic at all... it was crazy that night... when silva hurt matt brown with that body kick... it killed the audience and then that close rear naked choke... it was looking grim... lol and then matt digging deep and coming back... it was just really emotional... the crowd was going nuts (that didnt come across in the airing of the event)

I'm usually fine with it, but last night was extreme. It was one guy getting battered to the point where his corner should have threw in the towel. It was entertaining I suppose, but it wasn't anything approaching a great fight.

I agree 100%.

I thought it was entertaining, a great main event to cap a good night. But it was no where near great. With some effort, I could probably think of 50 fights much better.

Back