"One of the greatest fights in UFC history!!!"

DaisyDuke

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So I just watched last nights fights. As a Matt Brown fan, I really enjoyed the main event. But after Brown got Silva off his back, it was basically 10 minutes of him smashing walking-dead Silva until he eventually finished him. Silva landed one or two body shots in that 10 minutes.

Florian:
"After two rounds this is one of the greatest fights I've ever seen!!!"
"One of the greatest fights in UFC history"

Huh? Really????

Matt Brown after fight:
"I didn't even think it was that good of a fight"

Good fights are competitive. Erick getting brutalized for 10 minutes is meh.

announcers job is to use hyperbole.

announcers job is to use hyperbole.

I'm usually fine with it, but last night was extreme. It was one guy getting battered to the point where his corner should have threw in the towel. It was entertaining I suppose, but it wasn't anything approaching a great fight.

Depends what you consider a good fight, to most of us a good fight is a competitive match that is back and forth and exciting all at the same time like the first round, to others it's seeing how much damage one guy can take before he's near death. All the same I really enjoyed that fight

One of the greater first rounds maybe. It was a great opener. The rest of the fight was straight up assault.

AWESOME 1st round. After the first, it was a beat down. Everybody knew it was just a matter of time until Brown got the W.

Entertaining fight but not one of the best.

I dunno Brown got hurt a few times after the first time. Maybe you should rewatch the fight. It was mostly an ass kicking but it was still a crazy comeback and a competitive fight. I really liked it. Nonstop action for sure.

Definitely not "GOAT fight". First round was one of the best ever. The second round was a 10-8 imo. 10-7 if it weren't for that one body shot Erick landed...even then.

I thought the fight was amazing, but hating on things that are awesome is all the rage online.

Because if most people like something and you don't, you are clearly smarter and better than them.

I feel sorry for anybody that actually has to hang out with you in person. You must be garbage.

I dunno Brown got hurt a few times after the first time. Maybe you should rewatch the fight. It was mostly an ass kicking but it was still a crazy comeback and a competitive fight. I really liked it. Nonstop action for sure.

Like I said, I enjoyed the fight. And Silva landed a couple of body shots during the assault.

To be one of the greatest fights in UFC history, it has to be competitive.

Entertaining? Yes. An amazing fight? No.

A fair comparison would be an NBA announcer calling a game that ended 110-75 one of the best games in NBA history. And we'll say that the team that won the game trailed by 10 in the first quarter.

Definitely not "GOAT fight". First round was one of the best ever. The second round was a 10-8 imo. 10-7 if it weren't for that one body shot Erick landed...even then.

Those body shots could be Browns down fall he went down hard the first time but my god does he have heart

I thought the fight was amazing, but hating on things that are awesome is all the rage online.

Because if most people like something and you don't, you are clearly smarter and better than them.

This man speaks the truth

Hm, unneeded hostility without addressing a point. I'd feel sorry for the people that have to hang around you, but I don't think anyone puts up with it.

You didn't make a point that deserved addressing. You recycled some garbage that you heard somebody else say in an attempt to seem clever and witty.

istock-photo-4479627-angry-schoolboy-on-a-laptop.jpg

I don't understand why people get on here and complain about that stuff. It was an exciting fight and I'm sure it was much more exciting being there and watching it live. It might not have been the "best fight ever!" But I could think of a lot more stuff to complain about.

Back