One of my son's matches at the NW sub Challenge.

boisefireman

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Here is my son in the purple belt div. In the adavnced and purple, brown and Black belt divs, everything was legal except slamming. He has been fooling around with 50/50 guard alot( I even used it to win the super heavy adv. No Gi div.)

Nice match... Sorry, but which one is your son?

i like the setup for baseball bat choke and letting the guy pass then rolling under and out. nicely done, congrats to your son for the win.

I couldn't see the finish but the other guy looked like the more accomplished grappler.

Congrats to your son for beating him.

Morgan here, aka, the guy who lost, haha. Your son did really well, Boisefireman. I thought he was going to get me at least twice with those baseball bat chokes but I barely managed to escape both times. You can see towards the end of the video I grab his knee and escape my hips to the side to try and go for an armbar from inside the 50/50, but I completely forgot about my ankle in the process, which led to him promtly grabbing it and heelhooking me, haha. Too bad he wasn't in my weight division so I didn't have the chance to meet him in the advanced no-gi as well. I'll have to stop by Keith's place and work with you guys sometime.

Morgan here, aka, the guy who lost, haha. Your son did really well, Boisefireman. I thought he was going to get me at least twice with those baseball bat chokes but I barely managed to escape both times. You can see towards the end of the video I grab his knee and escape my hips to the side to try and go for an armbar from inside the 50/50, but I completely forgot about my ankle in the process, which led to him promtly grabbing it and heelhooking me, haha. Too bad he wasn't in my weight division so I didn't have the chance to meet him in the advanced no-gi as well. I'll have to stop by Keith's place and work with you guys sometime.

Aaaah you just got caught man... You both got some SCHWEET skills!!!

Back