Opinion One of many stark differences between Trump's America and Putin's Russia

IGotAHugePeckah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I see a lot of people of a certain political affiliation who, when not comparing Trump to Hitler, are comparing him to Putin. They say Trump is a dictator who is somehow curbing their freedom.

It's laughable when you consider what is going on with Russian NHL player Artemi Panarin (the bread man).

He openly criticised Putin in an interview and shit hit the proverbial fan for him. The Russian media is even scared to cover it because, as the article states, they have "reacted rather cautiously, not really having a blueprint on how to act when Putin is heavily criticized by a well-liked celebrity, particularly an active athlete."

https://www.slavadoesamerica.com/he-will-regret-this-fallout-in-russia-from-the-panarin-interview/

In America, pro athletes have to hide any support or admiration they have for President Trump, lest they suffer severe backlash from a large percentage of the populace. If you smash him, your stock skyrockets.

I think it's important for people to put into context the lack of freedom people have in many other countries. To call Trump a "dictator" just shows your ignorance.

You really took it to those non-existent people who hold that view.

Artemi with that "fuck you" money from the Rangers.

They’re not wrong about Trump’s racist rhetoric. That’s a separate issue from totalitarianism. The sad thing is even without the total control of someone like Putin we have Americans supporting and even going further with the racism of Trump.

A thread arguing America is not like Russia .. smh … triggered Trumper.

Trump has only been in power for 3 years, Putin has been at it for decades... give it time.

I see a lot of people of a certain political affiliation who, when not comparing Trump to Hitler, are comparing him to Putin. They say Trump is a dictator who is somehow curbing their freedom.

It's laughable when you consider what is going on with Russian NHL player Artemi Panarin (the bread man).

He openly criticised Putin in an interview and shit hit the proverbial fan for him. The Russian media is even scared to cover it because, as the article states, they have "reacted rather cautiously, not really having a blueprint on how to act when Putin is heavily criticized by a well-liked celebrity, particularly an active athlete."

https://www.slavadoesamerica.com/he-will-regret-this-fallout-in-russia-from-the-panarin-interview/

In America, pro athletes have to hide any support or admiration they have for President Trump, lest they suffer severe backlash from a large percentage of the populace. If you smash him, your stock skyrockets.

I think it's important for people to put into context the lack of freedom people have in many other countries. To call Trump a "dictator" just shows your ignorance.
I'd compare Trump to Hugo Chavez with the way he does things. Putin is on another level entirely. If they were all together at a Mafia style heads of the families meeting Putin would be sitting at the head of the table. Comparably Trump is quite incompetent.

Damn, I didn't even have to do anything, Lavalamp destroyed you first lol

But yeah, you're right, when have we ever heard Trump compared to Hitler or Putin by the left lol smh

Lavalamp's post didn't even relate to mine. Anyway, can you link to anyone saying that Trump is a dictator who prevents people from criticizing him? Spoiler: No because you made it up and are just arguing with a strawman.

Lavalamp's post didn't even relate to mine. Anyway, can you link to anyone saying that Trump is a dictator who prevents people from criticizing him? Spoiler: No because you made it up and are just arguing with a strawman.

Oh yeah no you're right, nobody has ever accused Trump of being a dictator who tries to prevent people from criticizing him. What a crazy story I just invented. lmao smh.

Oh yeah no you're right, nobody has ever accused Trump of being a dictator who tries to prevent people from criticizing him. What a crazy story I just invented. lmao smh.

Should be easy for you to find one quote saying exactly that then. Why don't you?

They're comparing him to Hitler in these tweets. I don't think it's because of the mustache.

Do you think they were literally suggesting he was a dictator and pointed to specific rights he had struck down, or were they using poor language? Further, do you think we can do better than finding 4 people on twitter to substantiate a claim that "all of political party X thinks _____"?

The best part is when they call Trump Hitler and then in almost the same breath sometimes, they call for the government, ostensibly led with an iron fist by their Hitler , to take everyone's guns. Very bright bunch of people.

An entire internet site was dedicated to making “Obama is literally Hitler memes” and the meme thread still has memes calling everybody from Hilary Clinton to teenagers from Parkland Nazis.

Nobody here used to care about Hitler accusations, and many still don’t as long as they are directed at somebody other than Trump. This is apparently a new outrage in defense of Trump and only Trump.

Lots of people and groups who compared Obama to Hitler: Iowa Tea Party, the Republican Women of Arundel County, Congressman Randy Weber, Bishop Daniel Jenky, Arizona Rep Brenda Barton, Ken Longone (Home Depot CEO), Hank Williams, Louie Gohmert, Paul Broun, etc.

Mike Huckabee said Obama's foreign policy was "Marching the Israelis right to the door of the oven." Ben Carson said Obama's government was the "Gaestapo age" and that the government under Obama was "very much like nazi Germany." Both of those guys were running for the Republican nomination, that's pretty crazy.

An entire internet site was dedicated to making “Obama is literally Hitler memes” and the meme thread still has memes calling everybody from Hilary Clinton to teenagers from Parkland Nazis.

Nobody uses to care about Hitler accusations, that’s apparently a new outrage in defense of Trump and only Trump.

Lots of people and groups who compared Obama to Hitler: Iowa Tea Party, the Republican Women of Arundel County, Congressman Randy Weber, Bishop Daniel Jenky, Arizona Rep Brenda Barton, Ken Longone (Home Depot CEO), Hank Williams, Louie Gohmert, Paul Broun, etc.

Mike Huckabee said Obama's foreign policy was "Marching the Israelis right to the door of the oven." Ben Carson said Obama's government was the "Gaestapo age" and that the government under Obama was "very much like nazi Germany." Both of those guys were running for the Republican nomination, that's pretty crazy.

I compared Obama to Hitler for sure because he was trying to disarm my country like Hitler did, badmouthing it all over the world, drumming up racial division just as much as Trump is. (In my opinion it's his bitter opponents doing most of that). It just wasn't as socially acceptable to be an Obama detractor as it is to be a Trump resistor. Its practically a virtue signal to say fuck Trump but even back when, you couldn't say much about Obama. He was the messiah.

Back