One odd/outstanding betting story where you just nailed a long shot?

Made a killing on Holm-Rousey and Rose-JJ, part 1. I actually have quite good success betting on women, for whatever reason.

Hit this banger

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181015-081953_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181015-081953_Chrome.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20181015-081944_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181015-081944_Chrome.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 23
Back in 2015 I was just occasionally betting against friends and it added a new level of investment when watching the fights. I made a minimum deposit of $50 and toyed with that for a bit before I hit these parlays that really kickstarted the bankroll
Screenshot_20181015-003540_Chrome.jpg

I started to get a bit more serious after this and took on the unit system with $5 units. By Jan 2017 I was up to about $1500, still mainly just betting for fun, unaware of how important tape was. This was when I really wanted to see how far I could take it, ending 2017 with about $7500. We're now 9 months into 2018 and I'm playing with a $42000 bankroll, with no deposits or withdrawals.
At the beginning of the year I cut parlays out of my regular plays and just treated them like lotto tickets. Here are a few that have come through for me
Screenshot_20170310-074206.png Screenshot_20180722-181019_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20170902-181108.png Screenshot_20170902-181029.jpg
View attachment 454125
Screenshot_20181014-234456_Gallery.jpg

Nate and tate submission parley, +5,700 only $10 though.

Best odds wise was an AFL bet, +19,200.
Was actually a mistake I sought to cover by playing both sides of the bet. Odds had moved so had 1 team at at -52.5 and the other at +53.5. they won by 53 points. $144 off $0.75 risked.

Draw on Omari Akhmedov vs Marvin Vettori. $1 at +7500. Have no idea why I bet this.

Also this ones weird and not sure if it’s cool to go into detail so I’ll keep it vague

For a bellator event that was on tape delay

I was just reading updates on my phone while the fights were going on. One specific fight started and the bookie never took the line down.
The fight ended and the line still wasn’t down.
I bet 10$ on the winner out of curiosity to see what wouod happen (yeah I know I could have potentially been banned); and it actually ended up paying out.

Back in 2015 I was just occasionally betting against friends and it added a new level of investment when watching the fights. I made a minimum deposit of $50 and toyed with that for a bit before I hit these parlays that really kickstarted the bankroll
View attachment 454299

I started to get a bit more serious after this and took on the unit system with $5 units. By Jan 2017 I was up to about $1500, still mainly just betting for fun, unaware of how important tape was. This was when I really wanted to see how far I could take it, ending 2017 with about $7500. We're now 9 months into 2018 and I'm playing with a $42000 bankroll, with no deposits or withdrawals.
At the beginning of the year I cut parlays out of my regular plays and just treated them like lotto tickets. Here are a few that have come through for me
View attachment 454127 View attachment 454129 View attachment 454131 View attachment 454133
View attachment 454125
View attachment 454301
Oh great one, what r your thoughts on weidman vs souza. Start a blog man. You put piglord to shame.

Oh great one, what r your thoughts on weidman vs souza. Start a blog man. You put piglord to shame.

Put some hespec on Piglords name.

Leaning Weidman pretape, gotta refresh myself on a few things in both their games.

View attachment 454299

View attachment 454127 View attachment 454129 View attachment 454131 View attachment 454133
View attachment 454125
View attachment 454301

Are you implying that you turned 50$ into 40K?

Correct. Compounding your unit size + consistency + lotto parlay supplementation, a BR can grow fast.

Please educate me : what is the unit size thing ? And lotto parlay supplementation. Also what is BR ?

Sorry m8, I'm a total newb at this but I am interested.

Please educate me : what is the unit size thing ? And lotto parlay supplementation. Also what is BR ?

Sorry m8, I'm a total newb at this but I am interested.

BR = Bankroll, the amount of money you have dedicated to betting.

A unit is often 1% of a bettors bankroll, so it can increase or decrease depending on your success. Units are used to kinda give you a template for bet sizing, it's often advised that one never bets more than 5 units on a single bet. They're also handy when comparing and weighing others bets, one person's $10 could be the same as another's $500 in comparison to their bankrolls.

Lotto parlay supplementation isn't a common thing. Most events I'll throw together what I call a lotto parlay, aka a hail Mary parlay. Basically a long shot for little risk with a big payout, as long as you hit one every so often they'll pay themselves off as well as give you a big boost to your BR.

Hope that makes sense, haven't had my morning coffee yet.

A unit is often 1% of a bettors bankroll, so it can increase or decrease depending on your success. Units are used to kinda give you a template for bet sizing, it's often advised that one never bets more than 5 units on a single bet. They're also handy when comparing and weighing others bets, one person's $10 could be the same as another's $500 in comparison to their bankrolls.

Lotto parlay supplementation isn't a common thing. Most events I'll throw together what I call a lotto parlay, aka a hail Mary parlay. Basically a long shot for little risk with a big payout, as long as you hit one every so often they'll pay themselves off as well as give you a big boost to your BR.

Yes it does, thank you very much.

Oh and that's an extremely high return.
Congrats.

Sorry for quoting you again, but I am just really curious. These are real, net 40K? Could you withdraw them from your account?

Also, you must have risked it all on long odds a few times, right? I am just trying to figure out how one can have such exrteme returns without having had an insane amount of luck...

Imagine if you had put 1K instead of 50$, you would be a rich man.

Sorry for quoting you again, but I am just really curious. These are real, net 40K? Could you withdraw them from your account?

Also, you must have risked it all on long odds a few times, right? I am just trying to figure out how one can have such exrteme returns without having had an insane amount of luck...

Yep. I built up most of it on 5Dimes when I was only using that book and have withdrawn the majority of it to spread it around other books I'm now using.

Never go all in, quickest way to go bust. For new bettors I'd recommend starting with a $500-1k BR and using $5 or $10 units. There's so much to learn between betting fundamentals, bankroll management, and capping your specific sport. In this game you can never feel like you know everything, always more to learn and ways to evolve as a bettor.

Not 100% true. Betting size limitations are a thing and is way easier to win 40k from 50$ than 800k from 1k.

I had a bet365 account closed after winning something like 13 to 15k.

Not 100% true. Betting size limitations are a thing and is way easier to win 40k from 50$ than 800k from 1k.

I had a bet365 account closed after winning something like 13 to 15k.

Holy shit, hearing you guys it seems like a sport where the market is pretty bad at evaluating odds, and that the technical side (being able to bet big) is a serious impedement to making serious money...

I started with 50 bucks and started betting $5 or $10 or something like that right off the bat, hasn't worked so far, in the red for the past few months, should I start doing 1% units, even if it results in me shrinking my average bet a good amount? Trying to be much smarter and get back in the green, if I can't manage to turn it around this investment, I might be done with MMA betting, (for now)

I started with 50 bucks and started betting $5 or $10 or something like that right off the bat, hasn't worked so far, in the red for the past few months, should I start doing 1% units, even if it results in me shrinking my average bet a good amount? Trying to be much smarter and get back in the green, if I can't manage to turn it around this investment, I might be done with MMA betting, (for now)
wait, 1% unit on 50$ is 50 cents.
Aren't there minimums to this shit?

Oh and you sound poor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back