One more reason local funding for public schools needs to change.

Isn't it stealing from the teachers if you nickle and Dime them. Take away their benefits, and pensions, reducing their pay, but still think they should bust their ass teaching the future of the country.

What else do you call taking money by compulsion?

I don't believe anything

I was in the military, served overseas (both in garrison and at war) for 5 years, and work now on a base.

If anything, I believe I have a smidge, a tad more insight into our MIC than you do, no offense

so you work in the financial department with military budgets?? classfied black op budgets etc??

i find it doubtful. if you dont realize that fraud, waste and corruption are rampant in those hidden budgets you are more naive than i thought.

Shouldn't they just get paid for what someone else is willing to pay them? Maybe that's more. Maybe not.

Honestly, teachers from most disciplines are getting far more than their market value.

How much does the average artist make? How much does the average art teacher make? How much does a historian make in the market? How much does a history teacher make?

I think they are payed fairly. In my state teachers average around $50,000 and get those government benefits. A history teacher makes about what a chemist makes, on average. Those of us who studied one of the STEM fields and didn't research what the market was like... most of us were appalled to find that out. With the exception of computer science of course.

so you work in the financial department with military budgets?? classfied black op budgets etc??

i find it doubtful. if you dont realize that fraud, waste and corruption are rampant in those hidden budgets you are more naive than i thought.
you already know what I do, that wasn't my pt. of course money is lost, we have a term for it 'fraud, waste and abuse' ffs

but to act like we don't subsidize others defense.....perhaps if Europe had stronger militaries they'd be better equipped to deal w/ the shit going on right now. Unfortunately, they don't. Ask any vet that has deployed. Shit I served w/ the Singapore Army ffs, but they didn't actually do anything. Outside of support from Australia, UK, and then yes you Canucks, it was virtually all on US.

Remember how laughable that Turkish coup was recently? that's the shit I'm talking about

What precedent are you going off of to suggest that's the case? Supposing that's true though, the difference then is with that situation the parents still have a choice, right?

Because parents don't shape state legislation.

Generally speaking, poor people don't choose to be poor. Parents are always allowed to donate to schools for increased accommodations.

I mean, the law market is super-saturated. I don't know what you're getting at here.

Yeah, it's a bad field to go into.

My law school has an average debt of half that ($90,000), a median starting salary of $120,000, and last year had only one student of over 200 looking for employment after nine months.

Even if the field is great--and it is getting better--there would be no place for people who were educated at University of Phoenix (see: 50% bar passage rate).

Because parents don't shape state legislation.

Generally speaking, poor people don't choose to be poor. Parents are always allowed to donate to schools for increased accommodations.

My law school has an average debt of half that ($90,000), a median starting salary of $120,000, and last year had only one student of over 200 looking for employment after nine months.

Even if the field is great--and it is getting better--there would be no place for people who were educated at University of Phoenix (see: 50% bar passage rate)

People should really research their schools before they attend. I mean, the pass rate could be attributed to low intelligence if are dumb enough to get conned into one of those schools.

*EDIT: Can't they start their own practice?

well ya, you increase educational opportunities, the standards are guaranteed to drop. Those previous generations of the dumb, didn't magically get smarter. There will only be so many STEM or focused jobs, so inherently more people will major in Liberal Arts bullshit they can't get employed with....

if anything, we need to lessen the stigma of trades/vocations, and increase awareness of apprenticeships, certs, OTJ training, etc....

you already know what I do, that wasn't my pt. of course money is lost, we have a term for it 'fraud, waste and abuse' ffs

but to act like we don't subsidize others defense.....perhaps if Europe had stronger militaries they'd be better equipped to deal w/ the shit going on right now. Unfortunately, they don't. Ask any vet that has deployed. Shit I served w/ the Singapore Army ffs, but they didn't actually do anything. Outside of support from Australia, UK, and then yes you Canucks, it was virtually all on US.

Remember how laughable that Turkish coup was recently? that's the shit I'm talking about

you subsidize your own MIC. dont you get it?? If you didnt supply all these countries that industry would die. you have to supply weapons and have ppl to fight to keep the industry going.

its like when ppl bitch about Israel getting "billions of tax dollars". no. the MIC gets billions of tax dollars. Israel is forced to spend that $ on American military training, hardware etc.

the beast is too big to control now. has been for awhile. you are sitting here arguing that your childs education isnt as important as spending almost triple what anybody else does on military. think about that lol

so lets say Russia invades Canada? 1) you'd be fucked, 2) you wouldn't want our MIC help?

nobody fears the militaries of Europe, literally nobody. Our massive MIC is the deterrant for people tripping. You think its NATO (not including us) or EU/UN that prevents Putin for going further into Ukraine, etc....?

cmon son

well ya, you increase educational opportunities, the standards are guaranteed to drop. Those previous generations of the dumb, didn't magically get smarter. There will only be so many STEM or focused jobs, so inherently more people will major in Liberal Arts bullshit they can't get employed with....

if anything, we need to lessen the stigma of trades/vocations, and increase awareness of apprenticeships, certs, OTJ training, etc....

STEM jobs don't pay shit, with the exception of graduate degree holders, engineering and computer science.

You're better off becoming a teacher, financially.

STEM jobs don't pay shit, with the exception of graduate degree holders, engineering and computer science.
they pay more than womens studies. believe that

plus you'll actually have a job, not chilling at the parents crib or starbucks

I agree the schools need to be reworked. I did some work in Riverside when I first started security at a few schools. These places had just put in real ornate clock towers. I'm fucking positive they asked for more money "for the kids" to do it too. It pissed me off.

Some places are legit poor and get shit funding, and the other places are self induced "poor" because they spend like Mc hammer. Why isn't education state wide? Meaning Compton should get the same school funding as Cerritos

so lets say Russia invades Canada? 1) you'd be fucked, 2) you wouldn't want our MIC help?

nobody fears the militaries of Europe, literally nobody. Our massive MIC is the deterrant for people tripping. You think its NATO that prevents Putin for going further into Ukraine, etc....?

cmon son

lol whatever you say. $ well spent cuz you can sleep better at night.

just stop acting like the world needs you to spend this $ and its some great sacrifice you made for humanity when its always been about the $. you just cant seem to see that reality. Its sad. Not much place to go from here, ive derailed enough.

lol whatever you say. $ well spent cuz you can sleep better at night.

just stop acting like the world needs you to spend this $ and its some great sacrifice you made for humanity when its always been about the $. you just cant seem to see that reality. Its sad. Not much place to go from here, ive derailed enough.
1) my kid has free college BECAUSE I am a vet and in Cali
2) I understand your pt, but we'll never know how the world would be if the US wasn't the Worldpolice and spent so much on Defense. fairly certain it would be worse. couple that w/ foreign aid we dole out too
3) I don't care about Social Welfare programs, remember.....so spending it elsewhere isn't going to help me whatsoever. None. or my kid as he isn't poor either.
I am employed through the DoD, why would I want spending cut? I'd rather have my job, than some shitbag get free shit from the government is my point.

they pay more than womens studies. believe that

plus you'll actually have a job, not chilling at the parents crib or starbucks

It is true, you'll still land a job. But financially, it's not what they tell you it is. I am very happy to have learned actual skills and how the universe works. I'm also saddened when I hear people talking about what a sham college is... I mean, maybe if you had a bullshit major, but I'm very happy with what I learned.

People that CHOSE to study women's studies, for example, can't complain about college debt. Oh, you liked drinking and partying and couldn't handle the math? Should've studied something useful. Learn some fucking responsibility. It's not my place to pay for your mistakes. While these bitches were drinking and getting railed by random dudes on the weekends, I was studying.

It is true, you'll still land a job. But financially, it's not what they tell you it is. I am very happy to have learned actual skills and how the universe works. I'm also saddened when I hear people talking about what a sham college is... I mean, maybe if you had a bullshit major, but I'm very happy with what I learned.

People that CHOSE to study women's studies, for example, can't complain about college debt. Oh, you liked drinking and partying and couldn't handle the math? Should've studied something useful. Learn some fucking responsibility. It's not my place to pay for your mistakes.
no doubt, I majored in History undergrad w/ plans for law school. couldn't afford more loans, so I was stuck w/ a BA in history. entirely my fault, nobody else to blame. Its also why I switched it up to an MBA for grad school, which was somewhat difficult b/c I had no undergrad business classes.

no doubt, I majored in History undergrad w/ plans for law school. couldn't afford more loans, so I was stuck w/ a BA in history. entirely my fault, nobody else to blame. Its also why I switched it up to an MBA for grad school, which was somewhat difficult b/c I had no undergrad business classes.

I never considered History to be a bullshit major, it just so happens to have little application for making people money. Kind of like philosophy. It's a shame really. The people pushing this liberal propaganda in this thread could use a few lessons in History (as could I, I suppose).

I never considered History to be a bullshit major, it just so happens to have little application for making people money. Kind of like philosophy. It's a shame really. The people pushing this liberal propaganda in this thread could use a few lessons in History (as could I, I suppose).
you can go straight into a GS 5/6 spot as a Park Ranger w/ a History BA. There's that hahah

I feel that this is a big issue and all, but technology will solve it. Soon we can have vr headsets on and meet up in any class we want without having to pay for actual brick and mortar buildings. Not to mention we have the ability to just buy textbooks for fairly cheap. I could buy the same books the kids at harvard read. There really isn't a reason your kid can't get a good education for basically peanuts if you actually want to give them one. Especially high school educations.

Even colleges are a bit of a joke. The level of discussion was laughably low in classes like sociology, any history class, and philosophy. The faculty coddled the students as well. Made me want to puke.

The actual "liberal" education provided is horse shit.

Back