One more mouthguard option

First of all --

I'm glad you researched my posting history. Contrary to your statement, however, I've only started one discussion -- this one. True, I have posted in other members' topics, usually inquiring further on gear items (gi's, cups, etc.) as I am, indeed, new to MMA, or trying to answer someone else's questions (supplements, weight training, etc.) as I am very experienced in these areas. I'm not a troll and I'm sorry I have only 13 posts. Everyone's got to start somewhere, right?

I agree, your review of Biteme was very good and because of that, as well others' reviews, I have no doubt that they are as good as or better than any out there. However, because I'm new to MMA, I'm starting from scratch and trying to buy gear w/ an emphasis on budget, hence my interest in finding out if the info I found on Customguards has any merit. Forgive me if I found your statements saying that "they are flimsy/you get what you pay for" to be a bit peculiar. It just didn't seem to jive w/ the facts, so I couldn't help but question that. As you may have noticed, others questioned the statement, too, but I suppose the guy w/ 13 posts is the easiest to accuse of working for the company. So be it.

Anyhow, I agree that this thread has been done to death, so this will be my last post on this topic unless I decide to buy (at my own risk) and review one of the Customguards. Thanks so much for your sarcastic congratulations on me being an architectural engineer. We can't all be professional fighters. I was merely indicating what I do as a rebuttal to your ridiculous statement that I must work for the company I chose to share info about, which I'm sorry I ever did.

jamison why is biteme's website in your sig?

"Yes I have seen all three and ordered a biteme because of the fact. opro was quite good, Biteme was a little better and the customguard felt flimsy. Obviously FAT WILHELM has some association with customguards, probably the creator. I know that the owner of customguards bought a mouthguard from biteme and then went into buisness making mouthguards. Lol.
Jamison
LOL LMAO Gladiator mouthguards was the first customer direct mouthguard company in the country. How having seen three mouthguards qualifies you to make a statement about quality is beyond me. Were they the same level guards? do You even know? I am the president of Gladiator mouthguards and I will tell you I own several of almost every guard out there and yes I bought more than one BiteMe mouthguard. It is smart buisness to know your competition. The only reason you know I have a biteme guard is that I told Tom the owner that we had puchased them.FAT WILHEM has no asssociation with our company.I will say that biteme is an excellent mouthguard and that Tom is very knowlegeable about mouthguards and their construction. I will also say that opro is not really a custom mouthguard but a sort of hybrid guard that uses machine cutting that eliminates the true custom nature of the guard. Opro also has has several flaws that cause them to be overly tight on the gums and you can only get opro as graphic on the front. Unless of couse you order 100. Gladiator and biteme are the only true Custom mouthguard out there and both are made in the USA.

I'll be happy to post my articles of incorporation dates here. Jamison I know I've run into you on the UG, your post's stink of misinformation and opinions disguised as fact

Thanks for chiming in. I was really starting to feel bad for starting this thread and pasting the email I received from you w/o asking permission. It seemed like something that would be beneficial to others and harmless to Gladiator, but when people started questioning whether I was associated w/ them, I thought I may have unduly tarnished your rep. Luckily, I think most on this board realized that was not the case.

Still meaning to call Gladiator to figure out what, exactly, I want to order. I'll get to that soon.

fat_wilhelm
I'm glad I chimmed in as well I'm sure I've run into Jamison on the Ug He post's nothing but the facts that I've put out there, how he has any knowlege of mouthguards other than he knows where to put one is beyond me.

Jamison how is it you know opro is machine trimmed not hand trimmed? This is not a fact that they advertise,

or that they are made in th UK? Also not advertised, the address you ship to for Opro is in NY USA.

Is it because you read my post's on the ug or have you done your own research?

How exactly did you know that I bought a biteme?

for that matter how did biteme KNOW?

Maybe because biteme and Gladiator have a cordial buisness relationship and I told them I have bought them. Ive read your biteme review and it sounds more like an advertisement than a review I postulate that you are nothing more than a shill for biteme and that you most likely could'nt afford one and were comp'd a guard in return for your trolling mma sites.

John Hackman
President Gladiator Mouthguards

Could you please explain "machine cutting" and it's elimination of the custom nature of the guard?

And what do you mean by hybrid guard? And how does tha tmake it not a fully custom guard?

I was considering getting a OPro (primarily because of the cost)

Thanks

An Enquiring Mind

FOPPA21
Opro uses a machine that cuts all their guards to exactly the same height, by automating this process they can increase production significantly. I know that the boil and bite mouthguard they send out for the impression process, defines the peripheral high of the guard or how high the guard goes up past your teeth and onto your gums. I don

www.mma.tv

It's well known. If this breaks any rules, mods feel free to edit out the url while I slick into the corner in shame.

Been there a few times but finds there's far too much bs there. Think OT in our MMA forum and you'll get a rough idea. I only go there for the more "local" stuff for me.

icedog11 said:
fat_wilhelm
I'm glad I chimmed in as well I'm sure I've run into Jamison on the Ug He post's nothing but the facts that I've put out there, how he has any knowlege of mouthguards other than he knows where to put one is beyond me.

Jamison how is it you know opro is machine trimmed not hand trimmed? This is not a fact that they advertise,

or that they are made in th UK? Also not advertised, the address you ship to for Opro is in NY USA.

Is it because you read my post's on the ug or have you done your own research?

How exactly did you know that I bought a biteme?

for that matter how did biteme KNOW?

Maybe because biteme and Gladiator have a cordial buisness relationship and I told them I have bought them. Ive read your biteme review and it sounds more like an advertisement than a review I postulate that you are nothing more than a shill for biteme and that you most likely could'nt afford one and were comp'd a guard in return for your trolling mma sites.

John Hackman
President Gladiator Mouthguards
Welcome to sherdog. Curious myself as to how you knew there was a thread on here and just signed up. The insults speak of your class. It seems you are quite defensive. As far as saying you have talked to me on the underground, you are wrong. Did your mother never tell you to not make assumptions? My name on the underground is Ron Burgundy. Go do some more research. It's not your buisness how I know what I know, and my review of biteme was consistent with all of my other reviews. Obviously you are quite fond of them as well, that is why you have a "cordial buisness relationship" with biteme. You are the one calling Bitem for info, not the other way around. perhaps you would care to tell everyone why you feel the need to be buying Biteme's mouthguards when you make your own? As far as your pourus assumption on my financial status, again, silly assumption. I will be placing an order for 10 to 15 mouthguards at full price, shortly after the holidays. Figure they'd make good christmas gifts.
I think my opinion of customguards was kind, I could have said much more but I'm feeling kind with the holidays and all.
Theres a PM button on here if you wish to discuss things in a more "cordial matter" next time.

icedog11 said:
Jamison I know I've run into you on the UG, your post's stink of misinformation and opinions disguised as fact[/B]
Thats twice you posted this on here. Will you be just as quick in your apology as in your faulty accusations? Ron Burgundy is my name on the underground. Please post where we were even on the same thread. Believe it or not, that was some one else that did not like customguards, not I. As far as asking earlier what gives me the right to comare quality..this is the "Gear and Equipment" section. That's what this forum is for. People give opinions of the "gear and equipment" they have/want/seen. You will find that in all the major thread on here discussing mouthguards, I am in the majority opinion. Do you find fault with everyone that says you are not the best? Let me ask you this, do you believe you have a better quality product than Biteme? I doubt you will say you do. If that is the case however, perhaps you should stand buy your product in confidence, rather than issuing faulty accusations at people because they dont like your product.

ack that forum has the worst layout ever... i'll stick to sherdog

The layout's actually not bad, and it's got useful information. A lot of fighters post there.

It's the rampant flaming that gets to people first actually.

Jamison it seems to me you are the one making false accusations

icedog,

Luckily, no one here seems to take him too seriously. Several have asked about the reason for his signature, but, yet, no response. He asks questions that you answered in a previous post already...

"perhaps you would care to tell everyone why you feel the need to be buying Biteme's mouthguards when you make your own?"

Ummm, Jamison, he already did. Maybe you should read icedog's post more carefully before wasting everyone's time w/ inquiries that have already been addressed.

"I am the president of Gladiator mouthguards and I will tell you I own several of almost every guard out there and yes I bought more than one BiteMe mouthguard. It is smart business to know your competition."

Does that not make sense to you? Do you think GM has no interest in what Ford is doing and vice versa?

By the way, Jamison, I like your idea of passing out mouthguards as gifts. Do you mind if I use that? I think a nice mouthguard would look lovely on my mom or sister. Just tell me how you get all the impressions of the recipients' teeth w/o them knowing. Every time I try to discreetly force the mould making material into a napping person's mouth, they seem to wake up in a panic.

Here, again, come the accusations that I work for Gladiator.

fat_wilhelm said:
icedog,

Luckily, no one here seems to take him too seriously. Several have asked about the reason for his signature, but, yet, no response. He asks questions that you answered in a previous post already...
Um..read above. And if that were the case, why are you lucky? I have done that for years with whatever product was under review. Perhaps that is offensive to Customguards. Perhaps Customguards can settle this now and tell us who makes the best mouthguard? Thats all everyone else wants to know. Can you tell us that John?

Back