News ONE Inside The Matrix 2: Kiamrian Abbasov vs James Nakashima Nov 6 4:30am/7:30am PBP Disc Thread

Soccer kicks have never caused serious injury in any org they were/are allowed in.

One used to allow soccer kicks, but for some reason banned them along with the suplex which you mention. Odd.

Maybe soccer kicks were banned with the headbutt because of the bad image it give, MMA promoters tried to make it less violent to attract more people.
However, the suplex ban is a mystery of it's own.

I followed up everything. It sucked i agree. You won't get disappointed in the next event (Pitbull & Mcknee are fighting next week.
Yes, Bellator needs to stop wasting time on heavier weight washups and spend more time focusing on its homegrown talent in the lighter weights. The next couple of events are giving us Patricio vs Carvalho, Mckee vs Caldwell, Joey Davis, Aaron Pico, Amosov vs Storley, and Weichel vs Sanchez.

All of these fights serve to Make Bellator Great Again.

(Okay... except Weichel. Aside from Patricio 1 I'm not sure he's ever been in an exciting fight...)

Eko Roni Saputra performance was incredible ! He is the future !

Wrestling is the greatest base for MMA once again !

I didn't think he looked that good to be honest. His stand up looked terrible and if they Gonzales had any TDD whatsoever he'd have been in trouble.

Takeaways..

Nakashima is still very good, just made a mistake which Abbasov took great advantage of. I think Nakashima wins more than he loses if they fight 10 times.

Timofey looked solid, I don't think Buist is very good though, his performance there kind of reinforces how bad Folayang is these days.

Good performance from Wakamatsu, has genuine power for that division.

I didn't think he looked that good to be honest. His stand up looked terrible and if they Gonzales had any TDD whatsoever he'd have been in trouble.

He have more than hundred bouts in Freestyle wrestling. He did not even tried to exchanges strikes against Gonzales, he was only focused about the takedown. Lets the seed grow before judging it, it's too early to claim that he is going to be a champ, but i believe in him. He learned BJJ in evolve. I hope he learn to setup takedown with strike like Frankie Edgar.

I think we have to wait until next year. But i've got a feeling about that Indonesian. The same feeling with Troy Worthen, those guys are going to be quite something in the future.

Timofey is jacked, better watch that cardio

Just watched Abbasov vs Nakashima, what a sick fight, Nakashima looks like a legit prospect and Abbasov is a bad motherfucker.

How come ONE's production feels so much more professional than Bellator? Every time I watch a Bellator fight the whole thing just feels so low quality, the dollar store version of the UFC.

For some reason ONE feels like its own thing, at least of the UFC's quality or close to it when it comes to production. I didn't watch the rest of the card, but the main event was competitive with two guys in their prime displaying the very best things about the sport, in Bellator they would've been two UFC washouts, a squash match or two legit fighters putting on a stinker.

On a related note, the UFC should seriously consider promoting Muay Thai fights with small gloves, I've seen a couple of them and they are amazing!

maybe the awful commentators the awful match ups or them constantly blasting 2000 nu metal bangers out of the speakers

Takeaways..

Nakashima is still very good, just made a mistake which Abbasov took great advantage of. I think Nakashima wins more than he loses if they fight 10 times.

Timofey looked solid, I don't think Buist is very good though, his performance there kind of reinforces how bad Folayang is these days.

Good performance from Wakamatsu, has genuine power for that division.

I think we should give credit to Abbasov by now.

The guy is a very strong wrestler, showed very good defense off his back against Nakashima and Okami - both excellent top control fighters - and in the feet he is a bit rudimentary but far from helpless; he is brave, hits hard and can take a good shot. A well-conditioned and durable fighter too. And I definitely didnt see that knee coming but he deserves the credit for it.

I think both Nakashima and Abbasov could be top20 in UFC. I dont think they beat a top10 yet but they are getting better.
Surprisingly, I think the WW division in ONE is pretty legit at this point, arguably the 3rd best for them behind LW and FLW.

One FC Welterweight is not extremely competitive compared to UFC, but it is growing only better.
Abbasov showed great hearth in that fight, his strength came from greco-roman wrestling.

I think we should give credit to Abbasov by now.

The guy is a very strong wrestler, showed very good defense off his back against Nakashima and Okami - both excellent top control fighters - and in the feet he is a bit rudimentary but far from helpless; he is brave, hits hard and can take a good shot. A well-conditioned and durable fighter too. And I definitely didnt see that knee coming but he deserves the credit for it.

I think both Nakashima and Abbasov could be top20 in UFC. I dont think they beat a top10 yet but they are getting better.
Surprisingly, I think the WW division in ONE is pretty legit at this point, arguably the 3rd best for them behind LW and FLW.

Yeah that's fair, Abbasov is a good fighter. I think they could both do okay in the UFC. I'd be interested to see how they got on with someone like Niko Price.

Yeah that's fair, Abbasov is a good fighter. I think they could both do okay in the UFC. I'd be interested to see how they got on with someone like Niko Price.

Price is pretty wild so not the best measuring stick imo lol
I'd say both Nakashima and Abbasov are more composed and can handle him
I have more doubts about Luque or even a guy as Tony Martin, who are more solid imo than Price.

Price is pretty wild so not the best measuring stick imo lol
I'd say both Nakashima and Abbasov are more composed and can handle him
I have more doubts about Luque or even a guy as Tony Martin, who are more solid imo than Price.

I like Price, he's wild but powerful and I think causes a lot of problems. I think the ability to be able to shut down someone like that is a good measure of ability as a fighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back