News ONE Inside The Matrix 2: Kiamrian Abbasov vs James Nakashima Nov 6 4:30am/7:30am PBP Disc Thread

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
El9iw2YVMAcdaX0

Last edited:
Still a great card !

James Nakashima is going to have a tough fight.
Eko Roni Saputra is the next big thing of Asia, keep an eye on him.

Good main event. It's about time Nakashima got a title shot.

I think he'll win but I was wrong about nearly all my predictions on the last card, so you probably shouldn't listen to me.

Regarding Nakashima, is his father Japanese?
He doesn't really look asian or mixed to me, but I took notice that half asian kids with an asian father tend to look more european than the other way around.

The main event is good :
James Nakashima (12-0) vs Kiamrian Abbasov (22-4)
Pieter Buist (15-4) 8 wins steak vs Timofey Nastyukhin (13-4)

Pieter have an eight win streak and Timofey knocked out Alvarez in one round.
Keep and eye on the prospect Eko Roni Saputra, he have a strong wrestling background.

Really want Nakashima to win so that he might have a shot at the UFC. Tough matchup though, Abbasov will be more well rounded and no slouch on the ground. But if Nakashima wins, you gotta hope he's knocking on the door.

Really want Nakashima to win so that he might have a shot at the UFC. Tough matchup though, Abbasov will be more well rounded and no slouch on the ground. But if Nakashima wins, you gotta hope he's knocking on the door.

I don't think he'll go to the UFC for a while, people don't usually leave ONE easily. I'd imagine there's a championship clause in there.

I dunno why they didn't pick him up when he was in LFA, granted he wasn't always the most exciting, but he beat Rencountre, Krantz and Stewart who all got signed.

I don't think he'll go to the UFC for a while, people don't usually leave ONE easily. I'd imagine there's a championship clause in there.

I dunno why they didn't pick him up when he was in LFA, granted he wasn't always the most exciting, but he beat Rencountre, Krantz and Stewart who all got signed.
I'm sure there is, he'd probably have to stay a couple fights after his contract expired.

There are ways it can happen. The main roadblock is that Dana places a premium on entertainment value. He wants maybe the top 4-5 members of each weight class in the world, after that, he'd rather have someone who was very entertaining but not as good rather than someone who was methodically good but not necessarily entertaining. If the UFC thought Nakashima had a reasonable shot at the top 5, I think they would at least explore ways to sign him. But they weren't going to fill the undercard with fighters like Nakashima. One of the big reasons I like Bellator, they don't have the same stigma.

I'm sure there is, he'd probably have to stay a couple fights after his contract expired.

There are ways it can happen. The main roadblock is that Dana places a premium on entertainment value. He wants maybe the top 4-5 members of each weight class in the world, after that, he'd rather have someone who was very entertaining but not as good rather than someone who was methodically good but not necessarily entertaining. If the UFC thought Nakashima had a reasonable shot at the top 5, I think they would at least explore ways to sign him. But they weren't going to fill the undercard with fighters like Nakashima. One of the big reasons I like Bellator, they don't have the same stigma.

I do agree, but that's probably a reason why UFC cards are usually a lot more entertaining than Bellator ones.

There's tonnes of guys they have never bothered with just because they're boring. Andre Harrison was 19-0 at one point and they never showed the slightest bit of interest in him.

I do agree, but that's probably a reason why UFC cards are usually a lot more entertaining than Bellator ones.

There's tonnes of guys they have never bothered with just because they're boring. Andre Harrison was 19-0 at one point and they never showed the slightest bit of interest in him.
Sure. But I like wrestlers, and I think the WW division in MMA worldwide is not as wrestler-heavy as it should be, so I'm hoping that is slowly corrected over time. And Nakashima so far has shone some promise in the ring.

Sure. But I like wrestlers, and I think the WW division in MMA worldwide is not as wrestler-heavy as it should be, so I'm hoping that is slowly corrected over time. And Nakashima so far has shone some promise in the ring.

Yeah, I think he's definitely UFC quality and quite possibly rankings quality (though it's difficult to tell sometimes until people actually get there).

I don't think he'll go to the UFC for a while, people don't usually leave ONE easily.

The welterweight division of One is not very competitive compared to the UFC, if Nakishima get the belt, he will have no more than 3 or 5 fives titles defenses before running out of opponent.
He can make it to the UFC if he get traded like Ben Askren or if his contract expire. But if he is really good, i really doubt that Chatri will release him like this.

Abbasov is good, hard fight for Nakashima even if he have good wrestling skills, but his entries are weak, Abbasov have far more experience. It is going to be a hard time for Nakashima.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is how you start a card off. Bellator needs to learn a thing or two from these other orgs.
<{JustBleed}>

Eko Roni Saputra performance was incredible ! He is the future !

Wrestling is the greatest base for MMA once again !

Back