ONE Infinity 1: Roman Kryklia (c) vs. Andrei Stoica [April 10]

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Newly crowned ONE Light Heavyweight Kickboxing Champion Roman Kryklia will defend the title against Romanian star Andrei Stoica on 10 April in Jakarta, Indonesia. ONE Championship CEO Chatri Sityodtong announced the news on Facebook.

The Kryklia-Stoica bout will be part of an event called ONE Infinity 1. ONE Infinity events are a new concept by the organization.

“A typical ONE Infinity Series event features three World Championship bouts, a minimum of 12 World Champions in action, Super Fights, A-list celebrities in attendance, and much more,” Sityodtong wrote. MMA title bouts featuring former UFC Champion Demetrious Johnson and ONE star Aung La Nsang are also scheduled for the ONE Infinity debut on 10 April.

Ukraine’s Kryklia won the inaugural title with a stoppage victory over contender Tarik Khbabez last December. The win avenged a previous loss to Khbabez for the 2018 KLF Heavyweight and former Tatneft Cup Champion.

Stoica lost to Khbabez in his ONE debut but earned a title opportunity with two straight victories. The popular Romanian defeated Morocco’s Ibrahim el Bouni by unanimous decision then scored an exciting first-round KO over Brazilian veteran Anderson “Braddock” Silva last December.

http://kickboxingz.com/kryklia-defends-against-stoica-at-one-infinity-1

Kryklia is a clearly favorite, Andrei Stoica is not even a classic heavyweight. The division is called light-heavyweight, but in fact they are super heavyweights. Stoica used to be a cruiserweight, after a super cruiserweight (not even a real light-heavyweight). He made transition about 1 year and a half ago or so.

At least it is a world class fight and an anticipated bout... If Stoica will beat Kryklia, it will be the upset of the year!! Stoica some time ago was overpowered by Khbabez who also is not even a real heavyweight. For Kryklia it is easy to fight former light-heavyweights. Since then Stoica defeated though former top 10 El Bouni and experienced Anderson Silva by KO.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/one...ultiple-title-fights-return-of-eddie-alvarez/
ONE Championship announces multiple title fights, return of Eddie Alvarez

https://www.onefc.com/news/blockbuster-matches-announced-for-one-infinity-1-and-one-infinity-2/
Blockbuster Matches Announced For ONE: INFINITY 1 And ONE: INFINITY 2

Last edited:
Why do i feel lile this is your favourite matchup ever?

Andrei Stoica haves no game to Match Kryklia, KO inside 2 rounds

Why do i feel lile this is your favourite matchup ever?
Like he will be losing or really like a good matchup? It is a good matchup in the perspective of a win for Stoica which will make him jump on #2 heavyweight in the world. If he wins, he will rank 2nd in front of Ben Saddik and Adegbuyi.

Otherwise Kryklia is a tough dude and a real super heavyweight, but in my personal opinion rankings like the former Liverkick wouldn"t place him 2nd because he didn"t fight in Glory yet. ONE gets better though, Khbabez would be a huge opponent even at Glory level.

Now if I you think I am a big Stoica fan, I don"t know what to say. I feel I am not like his number 1 fan or he"s not my favorite Romanian kickboxer. But if Stoica can do it, he could become a Fedor of kickboxing. Anyway, I"ll be shocked to see him that good. Like I said, Kryklia is heavy favorite.

But overall, you must draw a conclusion: Stoica in the LHW would do better than in the HW. The opposition is poorer at 95 kg. Here he must fight Verhoeven, Ben Saddik, Adegbuyi and Kryklia. I am not sure yet how good is Kryklia even he knocked him out. Because the real top 3 is totally different opposition and they are classic heavyweights.

What can I say is that Stoica trains in Romania and with a former Romanian boxer with no major titles than the national crowns. Not even with Panaite anymore. So he is not Dutch schooled. I like him like I like the most, but I feel I like more Ghiță, Adegbuyi, his brother Bogdan somehow, and now rising stars Eduard Gafencu and Cozmâncă (Cozmâncă is a tough bastard, always an aggressor, Gafencu is very spectacular and explosive like McGregor, more explosive than Andrei). I also think Amansio Paraschiv will do next much better and his technicity massively improved, it"s nice to be watched. Andrei Stoica will have to win more respect now by linking wins. On the paper trust me he has nothing to lose, he is not a heavyweight. As I said, being crown as ONE champion in a championship fight with Kryklia (not somebody else) plus reaching a best rank in his career it makes me think he has nothing what to lose. If he loses by any method, he goes back and beats fighters like El Bouni. He would be still a great fighter, but not number 1. Or number 2 like Kryklia. Khbabez was KOed by Kryklia and at some moment in Glory would win the title in perfect conditions for him.

Clearly you are improving only by taking big fights. Even if you lose, you know what to do after. Some become champions after defeats. Some not, they are not good enough.

What sucks is that this fight will be in cage. Stoica has had this experience more, but the cage ring advantages Kryklia.

Andrei Stoica haves no game to Match Kryklia, KO inside 2 rounds

I think this fight will go to distance if Stoica will not knock him out. I can"t see Kryklia knocking him out in 2 rounds. But which face of Kryklia will show up anyway? Because usually he"s not as aggressive as Khbabez for example in most of the fights. But in others he takes scalps. 3 rounds or 5 rounds? This is the question.

Like I said, I totally think Kryklia is quite good favorite. But I don"t see Kryklia knocking him out in the first two rounds. Depends. In the past Andrei used to attack more in the first seconds and got exposed (Ilunga and the Croatian). He understimated the level in Glory and the level of that Croatian. Loren fight is out of discussion since we had a tragedy in Romania those days, with over 65 deaths, right in his town. It was mourning, they didn"t even play his ring entrance.

By the way, I have friends from the Netherlands, very eagers regarding this match-up.

Last edited:
Stoica weighed-in like 200 grams lighter than Kryklia at ONE. I don't know why you keep trying to make Kryklia seem like some 120 kg monster, other than trying to excuse people losing to him.

Stoica weighed-in like 200 grams lighter than Kryklia at ONE. I don't know why you keep trying to make Kryklia seem like some 120 kg monster, other than trying to excuse people losing to him.
Because of the reach. Kryklia has fought at least in his last many years in the SHW, plus the reach is super important in fighting. Stoica can hardly be a super-heavyweight, maximum a heavyweight, I even make difference between a SHW and a HW, I would split the weight classes kinda like on MMA.

I was a boxer, I know what reach means, plus we have the example of Tyson. He was nowhere when he fought the best fighters and those always have reach in the heavyweight division.

Kryklia is 2.00 m and Stoica is 1.88 (fought before most of his career in 80-85 kilogram, both Wushu and kickboxing).

Basically if I would have been the coach of Mike Tyson, I would have adviced him to fight in cruiserweight at most. Otherwise of course, if you are built like Catinas, you can"t fight at welterweight/middleweight. Stoica is naturally built as a middleweight (maybe cruiserweight in fighting), Kryklia is too tall to be anything than a heavyweight.

I am a fan of Kryklia, but he should not fight Stoica or Khbabez, but Verhoeven, Adegbuyi, Ben Saddik. Stoica didn"t want to make this weight class, he started fighting in the HW in WFL because of both WFL and ONE. Braddock Silva and El Bouni are taller than Stoica for example, but are also not classic super-heavyweights. They would always have problems against the "monsters".

If you spare a little bit at the gym, you will understand reach is almost as important as weight. A good example is today"s TYSON FURY.

Andrei Stoica, Tomáš Hron, Martin Pacas and Matěj Peňáz in a camp together. The other two are Serbian, but less known internationally, a coach who owns this gym in Belgrade (where Andrei held seminars and uses to train now sometimes besides his academy) and a fighter.

89630782_1502190096595954_1320085677626359808_o.jpg

And Roman Kryklia is with Chingiz Allazov in Thailand.

Last edited:
What means that, Shady? Events without fans, productions only for TV? Well, Catri is also a wealthy man but cares more about the television deals probably. It sucks it can"t happen somewhere else, more minor promotions depend on the tickets and Glory also because the tickets in the West are expensive.

Probably because their events aren't profitable either way. If they ever become profitable it will probably not be in 2020 or 2021. At least this will keep the momentum going.

Kickboxing without fans will be a premiere, wondering if they can find a solution not to fight in an empty arena without any noises. I really wonder about the configuration of these events.

Kickboxing without fans will be a premiere, wondering if they can find a solution not to fight in an empty arena without any noises. I really wonder about the configuration of these events.
Glory already put in fake fan noises in some videos they uploaded.

Lumpinee stadium has hosted fights without any audience recently.

Lumpinee stadium has hosted fights without any audience recently.

Which ones? Post some! I couldn"t find.

It would be nice at least to have some sporting events going on, even without fans. I turned off The Virus Media.

Watch the last ONE event this is what they did. They just shut the lights off, I honestly didn't even notice till halfway into watching the event.

Watch the last ONE event this is what they did. They just shut the lights off, I honestly didn't even notice till halfway into watching the event.

Underground Championship :D Or Parking Championship would be great too

ONE Infinity 1 is slated to take place on May 29 in Manila but is subject to change if the coronavirus situation deteriorates.

Awful, no kickboxing in April!

Back