one-hit-wonders of acting.

I wouldn't call him an one hit wonder per se.He prefers to stay out of the limelight.Whenever he's in a movie role,he brings his A game.

pretty sure he was being sarcastic, he has ben nominated as "best actor" 4 times and won twice - he has had a lot more than one hit, his strike rate is exceptional.

Liotta is a great actor, no doubt. But he makes about 5 or 6 movies a year for the last 20 years and I can only name 1 of his characters, he is a one-hit-wonder IMO, he has had no other acclaimed roles since Goodfellas

Narc?

why don't you mention a few of his other great roles? - or anything he has done in the same stratosphere as his performance in Goodfellas?

2009_02_03_liotta.jpg

He was absolutely mesmerizing as Detective Oak in "Narc". I wouldn't want to get on his bad side.

this thread has been full of fail with some of the actors listed.

he is still a one hit wonder. do you think i'm insulting him as an actor? I already said he is a great actor.

Most people cant name any parts he played apart from Henry Hill in Goodfellas. The movie you posted where he played the lead made a loss - it was not a hit.

edit: by the way the only movie of those ive seen in Hannibal - i didnt even know what the others were until i looked it up, and i've never heard of them except maybe Blow.

he is still a one hit wonder. do you think i'm insulting him as an actor? I already said he is a great actor.

Most people cant name any parts he played apart from Henry Hill in Goodfellas. The movie you posted where he played the lead made a loss - it was not a hit.

edit: by the way the only movie of those ive seen in Hannibal - i didnt even know what the others were until i looked it up, and i've never heard of them except maybe Blow.

You maybe heard of Blow?

You need to watch No Escape and Cop Land

Sam Neill (Jurassic Park)
jurassicthree5.jpg

any more for any more? There are plenty of child stars and one-hit-wonders who were never that talented (Sam J. Jones for example).

He was actually pretty good in The Omen III but the movie sucked. Bummer for him.

220px-Robert_englund.jpg

I'm going to get raged at but his breakout role just could not be equaled compared to his later work

Samuel_L_Jackson-1-Black_Snake_Moan1.jpg

You might be exposing yourself as being completely off base with this post (especially the part in bold). Just because you haven't seen any of the other movies, doesn't necessarily mean those movies weren't successful.

It seems to me like you're stating actors that seem to only have one "phenomenal," critically acclaimed performance their whole career when mentioning "one-hit wonder." Everyone else seems to understand "one-hit wonder" more akin to the actor having one great big spot, and then dropping off of the face of the earth/entertainment world completely.

While all of the actors you've posted may be guilty of the first definition, none of them are guilty of the second.

break out role being what? Pulp Fiction?

It may be clearly his best role... but he played leading and/or memorable roles in hits such as Jackie Brown, Unbreakable, Snakes On A Plane, Shaft, Lakeview Terrace...and if anything, his role in Star Wars is memorable.

So he doesnt qualify for a one-hit wonder IMO.

Sam Neill has a lot of good movies, TS..

Jason Biggs (American Pie flicks that's about it)

jason.jpg

Haley Joel Osment (Sixth Sense kid)

hjo_buffalo.jpg

Stephen Baldwin (Usual Suspects was his only big hit and really that was Gabriel Byrnes movie anyways)

stephen-baldwin-christian.jpg

Jean Reno (He did a few supporting roles in a few blockbusters like Godzilla and Ronin but he's really only know for Leon: The Professional)

jean-reno111.jpg

Adrien Brody (he had the Pianist. That's it)

40517_pro.jpg

Shelley Duvall (she was the main lead opposite Jack Nicholson in the Shining. Jack has had a massive career. I haven't even seen Duvall in anything else, I saw on her IMDB she did Popeye. I guess that's something?? Not really a hit. :S)

shelley-duvall-movies-and-films-and-filmography.jpg

Back