one-hit-wonders of acting.

300_140757.jpg

boyz_n_the_hood.jpg

Also, he was really good in Men of Honor and played a good part in American Gangster. Of course there's always Radio, Snow Dogs and Boat Trip, but they can't all be great.

I really liked Routh as Superman but he disappeared shortly after :/
superman_returns_2011_a_p.jpg

Anyone seeing a trend why these talented actors can't get more than one hit?

Anyone seeing a trend why these talented actors can't get more than one hit?

Bad choices.

Brandon Routh can't get work because he's too big, but doesn't read that way. He was on a shortlived sitcom called PARTNERS and he looked gigantic next to his co-stars.

Griffin Dunne in After Hours. A lot of people think it's Scorcese's best film.

Griffin Dunne was pure adrenaline in JOHNNY DANGEROUSLY.

Bad choices.

Brandon Routh can't get work because he's too big, but doesn't read that way. He was on a shortlived sitcom called PARTNERS and he looked gigantic next to his co-stars.

He's not super huge or anything. Maybe 6-3. Eastwood is taller, and he didn't have any problems.

Tom Hulce
amadeus.jpg

(he's had a successful stage career, though)

Timothy Hutton
ordinary-people09.jpg

boyz_n_the_hood.jpg

Also, he was really good in Men of Honor and played a good part in American Gangster. Of course there's always Radio, Snow Dogs and Boat Trip, but they can't all be great.

And

cuba.jpg

2665649,nNAXiVIEjJ6cQinF_vUhr_8pbcYuPIvy6OggEqGUCnRGjloOH+T4rMz5VSWRYOGwLjvcjUu1YrRzqTUZsIYyBg==.jpg

MV5BMjE5NjU5MDMwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjY3NDgwMw@@._V1._SX640_SY408_.jpg

Cuba-Gooding-Jr.-stars-as-James-Robert-Kennedy-in-Radio-0.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
thedoctor_zps097da681.jpg

Played the Dr. and hasn't really did anything big since.

All of the really great actors have had several acclaimed roles, but who are the stars whos career never measured up to their breakthrough performance?

It's interesting because they are clearly talented to get such a famed performance, and I think its not always a case of being typecast since there are more iconic roles being played by actors who have had a string of acclaimed roles.

So I wonder why they were never able to replicate this form? Is it down to luck and bad parts>?
(Sorry if this thread has been done before!)

heres a few:

Ray Liotta (Goodfellas)
liotta-hill.jpg

images

Are you serious? :mad:

Where did this guy end up? Am I right?

the-last-of-the-mohicans-original.jpg

I wouldn't call him an one hit wonder per se.He prefers to stay out of the limelight.Whenever he's in a movie role,he brings his A game.

Back