one hell of a work out

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by hagler7, Apr 14, 2008.

1. hagler7

hagler7 White Belt

i have just finished this work out and now i am showered sprawled on the floor watching UFC 5 ... life dont get much better:D

4x 2 min round shadow boxing (bas ruttens c/d)

set
    5 x pull ups
    5 x double unders
    10 x kettle snatches ( 5 each side)
    10 x kettle swings
    10 x burpees
    20 x med ball slams
    50 x sledgehammer/tyre slams (25 each side)

repeated 3 times no rest and also using a heavy 20k kettlebell

10 x 200 meter efforts breaking into 20 second jumping jacks at the end of each effort just 10 sec rest before the start of the next. **

4x 100 meter sandbag walks (30 sec rest)

** the efforts where all around 52 secs i was a bit pissed off but then i realised what i had done directly before them

2. grrthetree

grrthetree Green Belt

Its a pretty good conditioning workout IMO, hope you have a strength program to compliment it.

3. Brando

Brando Green Belt

Hey hagler, are you on the rosstraining board, too? If so, still training for marathon stuff?

good workout, but why only 5 double-unders? Hardly seems worth picking up the rope!

4. Centaur

Centaur Black Belt

Looks good. If you do a lot of these types of workouts you should make a log, would be good to check out.

5. hagler7

hagler7 White Belt

yes brandon i am off the rossboxing board, no longer doing marathon training as such but concentrating on shorter faster distances that will be more benificial to my "grappling and jkd" . and i agree with the double-unders i was just experimenting with 5 just to see how they went down next time i will be looking for a much higher rep :D