News ONE Heart of Heroes: Ramazanov vs Nong-O Mar 20 Official Discussion

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looking like its going to be a striking only card

Card

Alaverdi Ramazanov (c) vs Nong-O Gaiyanghadao (For KB bantamweight title)
Regian Eersel (c) vs Mustapha Haida (For KB lightweight title)
Victoria Lipianska vs Iman Barlow (For vacant MT strawweight title)

Last edited:
Should be a good one! I think Nong-O wins as long as he doesn't try to throw hands with Ramazanov. Is Lipianska the girl who beat Julie Kitchens daughter? In any case Barlow prolly wins.

Ramazanov has a long reach, could give Nong-O trouble. But i think Nong-O will be better at scoring effective strikes.

Will this be Nong-O's first KB fight?

I wonder if he can beat Petrosyan. I think he is really good offensively but can be sloppy defensively

Btw does anyone know how popular one is in Asia?
Their social media seems to be more active and agressive. But the videos can get very cringy with their motivational personna that they try to portray . I do not think they are that popular in Asian countries with established mma scenes ( China,Japan , Korea )

Nong-o has got to be the favourite here but alaverdi is always capable of causing an upset. He is a pretty awkward fighter.

They are very popular in the Phillipines. Probably due to the rather unexpected levels of success for Filipino fighters in ONE, the whole team Lakay + Brandon Vera.

They are popular in Myanmar because of Aung La NSang. His popularity is not overstated by ONE. According to my Burmese friends he's "a role model and kind of a hero for young men".:eek:
Undoubtedly the most famous athlete in Myanmar and maybe the most famous man.

Where I'm based (in Singapore and Jakarta) i can say that in their home town of Singapore they have quite a big following of hardcore fans. The general public wouldn't care too much, when Angela Lee won the strap it was a big deal, otherwise it doesn't make mainstream headlines here. Maybe similar to UFC in the USA or the UK.

In Jakarta people don't really care at all.

I can't really speak for their other markets. I'm curious how popular they are in Thailand.

Will this be Nong-O's first KB fight?
I believe so. I could see Ramazanov doing pretty well against nongo under mt rules let alone kb rules so should be really interesting.

I believe so. I could see Ramazanov doing pretty well against nongo under mt rules let alone kb rules so should be really interesting.
Yea, could go either way. From what i've seen so far, One judges score kicks more than Glory (similar to muay thai, ie scores are based on impact). Nong-O can score well woth kicks, but Ramazanov has the reach advantage.

Kongsak won pretty clearly against Ramazanov by scoring kicks IMO, but a lot of people somehow thought Ramazanov won. This was muay thai rules.

Lived in China from 2007 until 2018. Almost nobody knows what ONE is besides hardcore Kickboxing-MMA fans. Now most of them think ONE is anti-China because Wang Junguang lost to Sam-A (And I think was a fair decision even though I was rooting for Wang)

Back