One Handed Combos

Left hook, left brock back-hand is the one i'm currently working on.
280shmw.gif

I actually use that often when I'm annoyed. Some times I double or triple it.

right upper and a right straight. jab-hook-uppercut

hmm I've been working a jab-uppercut.
Gonna have to try putting a hook in there.

My sparring partners always expect the jab-hook since it's a pretty common combo and it totally throws them off when I throw an uppercut.

My sparring partners always expect the jab-hook since it's a pretty common combo and it totally throws them off when I throw an uppercut.

Agreed, probably my favorite way to set up a right cross. My opinion, the key to making this successful is to make the uc real short and use it to shadow the right cross.

I.E: Jab, pull jab about 1/2 way back then step in by narrowing up your shoulders (try to slide shoulders in between the guard of opponent behind your jab) and throw the UC straight off the point of your lead hip.... like Thirteen said.... a quick "pop" by just bumping the lead hip up (point of lead elbow bumps off point of lead hip) and stabbing the uc in there....... The key to getting the right cross behind it is to stop the UC right in front of opponents face, basically blinding them ( using the back of your glove ), then throw the right cross right at the palm of your lead glove, done correctly, the lead UC pulls down/away just before the cross connects....... The analogy i use to teach this is: jab to close distance, use lead UC to "tee up" the cross, then smack the chin off the "tee" with the cross......

Give it a go, I don't have a big right cross, but the few times I have been able to put my opponent on their back with a cross, it has been using this combo.

For those of you with the extensive power hand combos, do you set them up with a jab, or throw the first cross half expecting the opponent to defend it and really do damage with the subsequent shots?

It's not.

I was actually going to post "jab jab, left hook"

The combination i rarely see anyone use is right hook to the body, right hook to the head.

dude, you should watch Zambidis' last fight against Chalid. He used that combo amazingly well!

Agreed, probably my favorite way to set up a right cross. My opinion, the key to making this successful is to make the uc real short and use it to shadow the right cross.

I know it isn't a one handed combo, but I also like popping the straight off a lead uppercut. I know this may sound a little geeky, but I got that combo from that Russian guy in Hajime No Ippo.

Back