One game for your LIFE - Pick your all-time NBA starting 5

PG: John Stockton
SG: Tracy McGrady
SF: Shawn Marion
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Ben Wallace

I'm assuming this means when they are at their "best".

PG: Magic
SG: Klay Thompson(Insane I know. But I have been really "watching" basketball for just over 20 years now, and when he is dialed in he's the best shooter ever...and I'm a lifelong Cavs fan saying that)
SF:LeBron
PF Duncan
C: Olajuwan
Ya and when Klay is not dialed in? Poor mans Dan Majerle.

PG - Magic Johnson
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Charles Barkley
C - Shaq
KD and Barkley are mental midgets who would fold in the big moment vs other all-team legends.

F - Kelly Olynyk
F - Chandler Parsons
C - Michael Doleac
G - Matt Maloney
G - Craig Ehlo
Figures you couldn't put together a real list. Sack up Miami Vice.

- iverson
- jordan
- durant
- barkley
- russell

If they just pass to Jordan and play really good defense they just might have a good chance... of not being blown out 20 pts by other all legend teams.

Magic
Jordan
Kobe
KG
Hakeem

Is the only other team that might have a chance vs

Magic
Jordan
Kobe
Duncan
Shaq

/thread

you value winners and I have the best winner of all time (russell). i may have the best two killers of all time (jordan and iverson)

- we both have jordan
- you have size on my pg, i have size on your sf
- i have just as much scoring if not more

our game would come down to barkley - duncan.

isiah thomas (pistons)
bill laimbeer
rick mahorn
kendall gill
rumeal robinson (in case i need 2 huge free throws to end it)

and all you guys having shaq on your team, better hope he doesnt have to shoot free throws with the game on the line

After what Olajuwan did to Shaq in the '95 finals, Shaq should never be on one of these lists.
Shaq was in his 3rd season and nowhere near to his prime. While short, his peak was greater than Hakeems

Hakeems domination of a young, green Shaq that series has been blown way out of proportion. Other than taking waaay more shaats, Hakeen didn't really do anything better than Shaq that series.

Shaq had him beat in eFG%, TS%, ORB, DRB, AST, BLK, ORtg, DRtg, all on a lower usage. in reality, Shaq was the better player that series. Shaq put up 28/13/6/2.5 on great efficiency (.595) compared to Hakeems 33/11/5/2 on below average efficiency (.483)

Last edited:
you value winners and I have the best winner of all time (russell) (jordan and iverson)
LOL Russell played in a league with 8 teams and shot a disgusting TS% of .471. while being a foot taller than 90% of the league. He wouldn't even make a decent high school team in 2018. Any team with Russell against the All Time Greats loses

have you even picked a 5 yet you bum?
nope. any team with their center shooting worse than a shitty guard loses. picking Russell shows you know nothing about basketball. imagine choosing Russell over Shaq. I can't even believe how retarded you are

team cant shoot. no point in having such dominant big men if they have no space. Team would likely lose to the 2018 Suns
Kobe and Shaq combine for 100+ every single game

That was said on the first page and it's still wrong

PG - Magic Johnson
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Larry Bird
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

LOL Russell played in a league with 8 teams and shot a disgusting TS% of .471. while being a foot taller than 90% of the league. He wouldn't even make a decent high school team in 2018. Any team with Russell against the All Time Greats loses

have you even picked a 5 yet you bum?

Without a doubt these 2
Jordan
Lebron

Then some combination of
Hakeem/Kareem
Magic
KD/Duncan

This is actually tough. You can't just pick the 5 best players or you might be stuck will all offense or all the same type of ball dominant players. I shy away from Shaq b/c of his liability guarding the 3 and inability to make a foul shot. I think Hakeem, Kareem, Wilt are all better choices.

Larry Bird-shooting forward, unselfish, great passer, shooter, just a winner
Magic Johnson-great passer point gaurd
Wilt Chamberlain-center, I just know he was 7 ft and scored insane number of points.
Michael Jordan-shooting gaurd, no explanation needed.
Dennis Rodman-rebounder, defender

Coach John Wooden

Last edited:
PG - MVP Derrick Rose
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Lebron James
PF - Karl Malone
C - Shaq

magic
kobe
tmac
hakeem
kareem

PG: Jordan
SG : Kobe
SF : Bird
PF : Shaq
C : Kareem

You don't really need a traditional point guard since all these guys can pass and all these guys can get their own shot whenever they want.

You wouldn't need to run basketball plays

Bird and Kareem should be on everybody's list

You have to include Michael on your team simply because he's the only player that could punch a guy and not even get hit with a technical foul LOL.
Lol, Jordan lands a punch and the other guy gets thrown out.

Back