ONE fighter contract details

careto

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/12...wsuit-against-one-champion-adriano-moraes-mma

Adriano Moraes is being sued by his former managers but more interesting than the lawsuit, IMO, is that ONE contracts have come to light.

For example, it was disclosed that Moraes makes 50k/50k but also got an extra 250k as a locker room bonus. Also, very interesting to note that Adriano Moraes also received a 5k salay per month. His new contract stipulates 250k flat fee plus a 10k monthly salary.

Managers are suing because they believe they are owed a cut of the locker room bonus and the monthly salary. But TBH, I find the contractual situation more interesting than the lawsuit itself. The whole monthly salary is quiet interesting too, I wonder if all fighters under ONE have salaries or its only a select few. I always wondered how much champions were paid at ONE and Im glad to see Moraes is banking. Im assuming Christian Lee must be making even more than that.

Last edited:
Moraes is making as much or more than some UFC and Bellator champions.

lol, I don't think we're going to be seeing Moraes in the UFC any time soon. Good for him to be making bank.
Nobody will come close to paying him as much, not even his non-champion money. Now, is he worth all that money? Probably not, he has 0 name value in the US or Europe and I dont think he is that big of a name in Asia either, but Im glad to see him banking.

Nobody will come close to paying him as much, not even his non-champion money. Now, is he worth all that money? Probably not, I dont think he is that big of a name in Asia either, but Im glad to see him banking.

I think the $5k monthly stipend is cool too, it allows fighters to train full time without having to worry about working a regular job too.

I wonder how many fighters in ONE are getting that?

I think the $5k monthly stipend is cool too, it allows fighters to train full time without having to worry about working a regular job too.

Yeah, that is a pretty sweet deal. More orgs should follow suit on this, although it is impossible for the UFC with over 600 fighters to give every fighter monthly salaries.

Yeah, that is a pretty sweet deal. More orgs should follow suit on this, although it is impossible for the UFC with over 600 fighters to give every fighter monthly salaries.

They could do something like give 2 grand a month to every fighter who makes a purse of less than 50k to show maybe.

Bellator does this too in certain cases. Aaron Pico for sure but not likely the only one. Maybe AJ too starting out? Big prospects. I've never heard anything for or against but I also suspect ACA does it with their Akhmat guys.

As far as ONE is concerned only the ones that get shoved down our throat from what I've gathered. The Lees, Aung La, Nguyen etc.

They could do something like give 2 grand a month to every fighter who makes a purse of less than 50k to show maybe.
Yeah but the UFC has no need to do this. It would be cool as hell but never gonna happen.

Yeah but the UFC has no need to do this. It would be cool as hell but never gonna happen.

It might benefit them in giving us better quality fights if the fighters could concentrate on fighting more.

But like you say, I don't think they give a fuck.

It might benefit them in giving us better quality fights if the fighters could concentrate on fighting more.

But like you say, I don't think they give a fuck.
Yeah, at the end of the day the UFC is a business and spending all that extra money is completely unnecessary for them. They would not see any benefit, other than positive PR.

Cool bit of info. Not sure I have an opinion but the Salary mention is something of interest in keeping a Stable of Fighters.

I remember Josh Thomson payouts were tiny for his fights but was on a monthly salary with Bellator (I think was 10k per month). Has it pros and cons, made sense for a guy like Josh who was getting older and more frequently injured

Back