One FC should make Askren v Aoki @ 155

Is a recent gym that act like a sport club, hiring "players", that do their job as instructors.
Or there's proof that they're not officially instructors @ Evolve? Is not that b/c u work there u have only to stick to that gym.

Due to this, I can bet you'll never c Aoki vs. Askren if they'll be both still Evolve fighters.

EDIT: Rich Franklin is vicepresident in charge of ONE FC, he had a seminar @ Evolve but is not hired as an instructor.

EDIT: Rich Franklin is vicepresident in charge of ONE FC, he had a seminar @ Evolve but is not hired as an instructor.

I am speaking of a few years ago when Rich Franklin was an "Evolve fighter" but didn't really train there. You do know Ben Askren doesn't live in Singapore right? Or spend much time training there. He might do a couple of seminars before his fights, he can afford do that when fighting guys like Abbasov.

They do have some guys like Aoki who legitimately did move out to Singapore (though he was still training in Japan at first when he was an "Evolve fighter") but Ben is not currently one.

I am speaking of a few years ago when Rich Franklin was an "Evolve fighter" but didn't really train there. You do know Ben Askren doesn't live in Singapore right? Or spend much time training there. He might do a couple of seminars before his fights, he can afford do that when fighting guys like Abbasov.

They do have some guys like Aoki who legitimately did move out to Singapore (though he was still training in Japan at first when he was an "Evolve fighter") but Ben is not currently one.

U can been part of a team and following a program that doesn't imply u must be there all the year.

Sakara was (or still is) an ATT fighter but he trained there only just before fights, the rest of the year he was in his camp in Rome and he always had his official residency in Rome, not USA afaik.
Many fighters fight out of a camp but don't train there all the year spllitting with other camps.
The case of Ben is even different cauz he has also a role of instructor @ Evolve.

People must understand that the sport evolves and even is not that all the camps have to work like traditionally they always worked, but new models could born.

Still, I don't c Ben fighting Aoki as they train together, not all the year but still they are teammates.

It isn't a new model of training for Ben though, it's a new model to make money. He is getting money to do some seminars to teach some white collar types and sporting the Evolve banner while not changing anything at all with regards to training.

Do you believe if the UFC had brought him in he would be with Evolve? Or after Bellator offered their five time champion less than One FC? Of course he would not. The Evolve thing is for him to get some extra money on top of his One FC deal.

Last edited:
Nobody argue that, indeed I said that he has a job as an instructor, and isn't a job goal to make money? And fighting?
Or u think that MMA for Ben are a sort of Kumite? He's in MMA to make money, if he can makes more money with wrestling he should be still in wrestling.
And that's the reason why even Bibiano Fernandes and Khalidov refused a UFC contract, they can make more elsewhere and are well tied with other orgs.

Still the point was on Aoki vs. Askren and personally since they're officially part of the same camp I don't c that match and I think I'll be right on that.

Nobody argue that,

Except you.

Askren has even a job as an instructor in Evolve MMA gym and trains even there, check the Evolve website.

U can been part of a team and following a program that doesn't imply u must be there all the year.

Many fighters fight out of a camp but don't train there all the year spllitting with other camps.
The case of Ben is even different cauz he has also a role of instructor @ Evolve.

People must understand that the sport evolves and even is not that all the camps have to work like traditionally they always worked, but new models could born.

You are arguing that Ben Askren is actually training at Evolve and is an "Evolve fighter" and that this is a "new way of training".

Here is what is actually happening. The UFC didn't want him, Bellator didn't want him for however much he asked for. He went to One FC and wearing a Evolve banner adds to his pocket change even though he doesn't train there and has not shown to be a meaningful part of the camp outside of instrutcing rich non-fighters. I have no problem with this at all. Just saying whats what. You were arguing with me when I said that Askren was a Rufus fighter and didn't really train at Evolve.

Askren is just gonna have to beat up on random guys in OneFC unless they can sign a name like Daley or something.

Daley lost against YAKOVLEV and Mizaki, Askren is a terrible match up for him morever he is with Legend now

Askren vs Aoki can't happen both are under the evolve banner

Askren would beat Daley without a sweat. Surprised he was brought up. That is a rough finish for Funky Ben.

Funny you mention Yakolev though who everyone is bitching about being a "nobody" on the UFC card tomorrow.

Except you.

You are arguing that Ben Askren is actually training at Evolve and is an "Evolve fighter" and that this is a "new way of training".

Here is what is actually happening. The UFC didn't want him, Bellator didn't want him for however much he asked for. He went to One FC and wearing a Evolve banner adds to his pocket change even though he doesn't train there and has not shown to be a meaningful part of the camp outside of instrutcing rich non-fighters. I have no problem with this at all. Just saying whats what. You were arguing with me when I said that Askren was a Rufus fighter and didn't really train at Evolve.

"<team_name> fighter" is a concept that heavies and mainstream mohawks brought here and frankly I don't like that, a guy can choose to train in one or more teams and I'm not sold on the fact that he has to represent a team over himself.

That's even what I mean, and my way of thinking different and out of the mass about that.

Let's just put it this way. Overeem was more of a blackzillian fighter than askren is an evolve fighter

Let's just put it this way. Overeem was more of a blackzillian fighter than askren is an evolve fighter

OK nothing to debate ... but still I can't understand this thing of labeling a fighter with the camp he comes from, at least for a guy like Askren it seems useless ... in general is one of those MMA "traditions" that I find pretty stupid ...
personally, I never routed much for a team/camp, despite some of my favs are from common camps.

Btw I didn't watch the fight intro, was him announced as part of team Roufusport or Evolve in the last ONE FC event?

OK nothing to debate ... but still I can't understand this thing of labeling a fighter with the camp he comes from, at least for a guy like Askren it seems useless ... in general is one of those MMA "traditions" that I find pretty stupid ...
personally, I never routed much for a team/camp, despite some of my favs are from common camps.

Btw I didn't watch the fight intro, was him announced as part of team Roufusport or Evolve in the last ONE FC event?

Both

im interested in this fight, although the changes of its happening are thin

Aoki needs to moves up
they both train in evolve (cmiiw)
etc

Aoki would get crushed. He's not strong or big enough to fight modern WWs especially not someone of the caliber of an Askren.

I've seen Aoki roll with DHK and Bae Myung Ho. He gets dominated and is pretty much helpless off his back.

Back