One FC should make Askren v Aoki @ 155

Mondo Freaks

Green Gucci Suit
@Steel
Reaction score
I dunno if Askren could cut to LW but a fight with Aoki would be interesting.

The grappling display would be world class and I think a lot of hardcore MMA fans would watch this fight.

The big fight for ONE FC to make with A_OK_I is vs The Bibiano Fernandes Experience™.

Don't think Askren can make 155, he made 164 for the Olympics and looked pretty cut in the process, now that he is getting older, doubt his body could make 155.

why not at 170? Aoki has fought there before and if he loses he won't lose too much value for them since he's stepping up in weight

0% chance askren can make 155, no interest in this fight anyways.

Aoki used to fight welterweight fights at 165, didn't work so well in the 2nd Mach fight.

aoki/Bibi at FW is the fight to make, can actually happen.

Askren is just gonna have to beat up on random guys in OneFC unless they can sign a name like Daley or something.

i wanna see heros legend bibbiano fernandes vs shitzaou aoki so bad

Why not have them in a grappling contest like Aoki vs fedor on the main card

0% chance askren can make 155, no interest in this fight anyways.

Here's Askren weighing in at 169.5 lbs. Zero percent chance he can cut an extra 15 lbs to 155 though, right?

20140529073454_Askren_and_Abbasov.JPG

Here's Askren weighing in at 169.5 lbs. Zero percent chance he can cut an extra 15 lbs to 155 though, right?

20140529073454_Askren_and_Abbasov.JPG

I think it's unlikely he could make the weight, he has an odd frame, despite being pudgy I don't think he has 15 pounds that he can safely lose. He could do it, but considering he wrestled in college at 174lbs, thats a big cut to be making at 29 years old. Not going to say zero percent chance he COULD, just don't know if he could do it while remaining as effective, and he has little reason to do it.

Why not have them in a grappling contest like Aoki vs fedor on the main card
I would also be completely down with this as I really have no interest in watching either of these men so much as attempt striking.

Catch weight of 160 and I reckon Askren could make it

be a pretty awesome match IMO

Askren would kill Aoki. Love when people overrate him just like they did/do for Crusher.

Askren is still with Rufus. He just gets paid to put on an Evolve shirt.

Askren has even a job as an instructor in Evolve MMA gym and trains even there, check the Evolve website.
Are many the MMA fighters that trains in 2 different countries like e.g. Sakara used to train in ATT and in a Rome gym too.

Him, Aoki, Eddie Ng, Rafael dos Anjos, Tarec Saffiedine and many more are instructors in Evolve and the possibilities to c them fighting each other are 0 (ZERO).

EDIT: even Heath Sims and fighters Leandro Issa, Bruno Pucci, Leandro Ataides, Jake Butler and Mohammad Radeem are there as instructors or assistans, also there's a shitload of thaiboxers too

Last edited:
They pay him money to say he "finishes" his training there and to wear a shirt and take pictures. But he is still with Rufus. He is an " Evolve" fighter the same way Rich Franklin is.

They pay these guys who didn't come through Evolve to come in and train white collar types. Who has really come through Evolve on their way up? Do you really think Askren relocated to Singapore?

Last edited:
Back