One Fc heads to taiwan in july. Possible HW title fight

king of theRing

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://sg.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-insider/one-fc-announces-11-july-event-taiwan-162950086.html

One fc said they will be expanding in 2014, and they're doing just that. Will be making their first trip to Taiwan on July 11th.

Hw paul Cheng is from their, so they'd be dumb not to put him on the card. I sense a hw title fight on the line in Taiwan ( just my personal guess)

Who else would you want to see on this card?

Edit: more than likely it will be McSweeney vs cheng either way. For the belt is the question to be answered

Paul Cheng is a perfect challenger for the title. Lewis Parry is the only one who could possibly get it over him but Paul Cheng vs McSweeny for the HW crown sounds good. Aoki would be good to see again, he likes to stay active. idrk. They do a good job of match making and making exciting fights. I'll let them decide.

Want aoki to fight so damn bad im getting pissed.

Be nice if oishi got put on this card but, highly doubt it

Isn't parry fighting on Fridays card?

Yes he is, against Alain Ngalani.

Damn alain getting another shot at a prospect? I'll take alain, as long as parry doesn't take him down and gets on his back. Still cant understand why alain tapped like he did vs Cheng.

Damn alain getting another shot at a prospect? I'll take alain, as long as parry doesn't take him down and gets on his back. Still cant understand why alain tapped like he did vs Cheng.

Exhaustion would be my guess. I'm taking Parry just based on his size and ground advantage.

Cheng is a must, but I think 4 the moment ONE FC should has belts only for divisions from WW and below, the higher weight classes have no depth and all the best HWs outside UFC and Bellator are in Eastern Europe like M-1.

Cheng is a must, but I think 4 the moment ONE FC should has belts only for divisions from WW and below, the higher weight classes have no depth and all the best HWs outside UFC and Bellator are in Eastern Europe like M-1.

Jake Butler is the only light heavyweight of theirs I know.

They have no choice. They signed all these heavyweights and need to do something with them. By time they decide to crown a champ, everyone would have to fight each other all over again

Exhaustion would be my guess. I'm taking Parry just based on his size and ground advantage.

If he gets him down I can see it happening easily. If they stay standing, I favor alain tremendously. I got around to looking up parry few days ago and the guy is way to damn slow on his feet for cheng, alain, lokteff or mcsweeney. The couple fights I have seen he treats them as a light sparring match.

I see this being like yvel vs semmy

Tony Johnson is still in the mix, I think he can beat anyone in their division if he works his cardio and comes in lighter. Cheng vs Mcsweeney makes sense for the title, then have Parry fight Tony Johnson if he gets past Alain. There's also Igor Subora who would be a good return fight for Lokteff.

Man I wish one fc would lower it's hw limit weight so tony can lose some weight. Was weird that just one of his ass cheeks was bigger than lokteffs whole body frame

a hw title fight c'mon where is Aoki vs Colossa or Lisita vs Oishi? why make a title fight in a non existant division...

a hw title fight c'mon where is Aoki vs Colossa or Lisita vs Oishi? why make a title fight in a non existant division...

Theyre constantly signing fighters. it may not be major, but it's better than nothing. Besides, Cheng is going to be on his home turf. It's smart business decision

Theyre constantly signing fighters.

But the added events are coming way too fast compared to the number of (decent) new fighters. Most Asian countries already have mediocre/acceptable MMA shows for those who are interested (I know there is in Taiwan), too bad ONE FC is trying to flood the market with watered down events instead of holding 3-4 interesting ones each year :(

They're building up their heavyweight talent so that, in a couple years time through constant matchmaking and competition amongst those fighters (and with the new fighters they add and replace), they'll eventually end up having a solid heavyweight division and maybe even a few solid fighters in the top-15. It's a long and tiring process that a lot of promotions give up on, but it works out if they stick through with it; Bellator's recent heavyweight division (and its constant improvement thereof) is proof of this in action, as is the UFC's heavyweight division from 2001-2006 (they pretty much had no one left in 2001, but, through constant matchmaking and competition through what they had, they ended up with a decent crop of top-10 fighters after a couple years; heavyweight's the one division in this sport where this strategy works).

If One FC teams up with M-1 Global, this'll work even better.

They're building up their heavyweight talent so that, in a couple years time through constant matchmaking and competition amongst those fighters (and with the new fighters they add and replace), they'll eventually end up having a solid heavyweight division and maybe even a few solid fighters in the top-15. It's a long and tiring process that a lot of promotions give up on, but it works out if they stick through with it; Bellator's recent heavyweight division (and its constant improvement thereof) is proof of this in action, as is the UFC's heavyweight division from 2001-2006 (they pretty much had no one left in 2001, but, through constant matchmaking and competition through what they had, they ended up with a decent crop of top-10 fighters after a couple years; heavyweight's the one division in this sport where this strategy works).

If One FC teams up with M-1 Global, this'll work even better.

Teaming up with m-1 would be a smart business move for them I think.

teaming up with M-1 would be great cauz ONE FC is more on lighter weight classes and M-1 on heavies (M-1 has only divisions from LW to HW and HWs have no upper limit).

Also with Cage Warriors women.

teaming up with M-1 would be great cauz ONE FC is more on lighter weight classes and M-1 on heavies (M-1 has only divisions from LW to HW and HWs have no upper limit).

Also with Cage Warriors women.
Yea they need girls real bad but, might hold off to let junah get some experience

Back