One FC destroyed all the UFC talent they signed

What I mean is, that much of the MMA outside of the UFC is equal to the UFC level.

Much? No. While there are some elite fighters outside of the UFC, at least 70% of the Top 25 fighters in just about every weight class are in the UFC.

Eddie Alvarez is 37, which is very old for a lightweight. He is obviously well past his prime.

Demetrious Johnson is 34, that is pretty old for a flyweight. He was fighting a guy that was considerably bigger.

Sage Northcutt was never Top 75 in any weight class. Beating him is not a particularly big accomplishment. During his time in the UFC, there were at least 50 lightweights and 50 welterweights better than him on the roster.

the UFC has the most stacked divisions, so the overall talent is better. but some individuals over at bellator, one fc would be contenders or maybe even champions in ufc yes.

I totally agree. The top talent are great in these org. I think in a Champ vs Champ matchup, a lot of Bellator, Rizin or ONE champ could win against there UFC counterpart (Pitbull, Nemkov, Horiguchi, Moraes, Lee, Cyborg ). But if you make matchup like that outside of the top 5, i think UFC wins 95% of the time.

If you thought the only good fighters fight under a certain promotion that’s some crazy mind control when you can watch for yourself

I totally agree. The top talent are great in these org. I think in a Champ vs Champ matchup, a lot of Bellator, Rizin or ONE champ could win against there UFC counterpart (Pitbull, Nemkov, Horiguchi, Moraes, Lee, Cyborg ). But if you make matchup like that outside of the top 5, i think UFC wins 95% of the time.

The divisions in the UFC have so much depth that the guys in other organizations would most likely lose on their way up to the title or not hold it for very long. For the most part, the majority of the top guys are in the UFC, but that does not mean that there are not elite guys in other organizations. It does mean that they're big fish in small ponds, fighting lesser competition much more often.

All that said, the OP is flawed and the TS is being disingenuous. Most of those guys were past their prime. He knows it, but he's got to try to make his point for attention.

You just now realized there are fighters outside the UFC at the same level or even better as the best UFC fighters? lol

It's a big world, so I am sure there are many UFC quality talented fighters out there that are not in the UFC now. To achieve fame and fortune though, most need to make it in the UFC. Maybe not the fortune part, but at least a decent payday! Kind of like it is in hockey, there are MANY great hockey players oversea's, but you've never really made the big time until you play in the NHL.

UFC is, and always will be King

100% of people on Sherdog are more interested in the UFC than any other organization whether they admit it or not

It's always been like this. "No name cans" can beat big name guys in the ufc. People don't want to admit it because they only follow the ufc and dana tricked them into thinking hundreds of worthless bums are the best because they are in the ufc. They will make excuses because brainwashed people can't be reached. They just have to die in ignorance.

UFC is, and always will be King

100% of people on Sherdog are more interested in the UFC than any other organization whether they admit it or not

The ufc has never been king. I have no interest in the ufc at all outside of wonderboy. There are lots of fighters in Bellator I like and a few in one. So wrong again.

You should change your name to "strangertotruth" because you wouldn't know the truth if it slapped you in the face.

Who knew out of prime fighters would eventually lose. Sage was never a actual UFC top 15 talent.

The ufc has never been king. I have no interest in the ufc at all outside of wonderboy. There are lots of fighters in Bellator I like and a few in one. So wrong again.
Keep telling yourself that buddy, you're literally on a UFC forum

If you aren't interested in anybody in the UFC other than Wonderboy you just aren't a big MMA fan

I would blame steroids. Fighters at ONE are freaking super humans. You can't just jump on testosterone and think that you will be god level athlete. You got to know all the in and outs of the steroids game.

Alvarez was sure after this prime after Conor loss he looked awful.

They seem to be fighting above their natural weight classes.

Sage started very young, and was never a top prospect. The other two went through a lot of punishment in the UFC, and left pretty used up. There are dangerous fighters in most organizations, but Dana is also very good at knowing when to cut depleted fighters. Of course he still lets his old favorites like Cowboy, Diego, Mike Perry etc etc compete long after they've sucked.

Back