ONE FC: Age of Champions / 13 Mar 2015 / Kuala Lumpur

VolkHan

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
10156072_852019391487984_2323247351749441646_n.jpg

Just announced
still no official matchups

i wonder if the ben askren vs luis santos fight will be on this one?

plus they haven't announced the full card for indonesia or their guangzhou china card either (on fightfinder). maybe they're scrapping the china card

i wonder if the ben askren vs luis santos fight will be on this one?

plus they haven't announced the full card for indonesia or their guangzhou china card either (on fightfinder). maybe they're scrapping the china card

I heard that's gonna happen in March, so quite possibly.

James Goyder tweeted today about Indonesian government not allowing MMA events so maybe the Indonesia card isn't on anymore. Don't quote me on that, don't know for sure.

Hopefully I get a call for the next Singapore show :)

Santos is at least a respectable opponent but Askren will smash him.

I hope Shinichi BJ and Urushitani are on the card (preferably against different opponents; it's better to save their long-awaited third fight for when they're both winning, otherwise it's a waste). They've both become kind of Malaysian mainstays in One FC (three of their combined four fights have been in Kuala Lumpur), and it'll have been almost a year to the day since their last fights if they both get on the card, so that'll be good. Andrew Leone vs. Adriano Moraes might be good for the main event, although I, personally, feel that it's ethical to have to make the 125-lb weight limit at least once before you deserve a title fight (since Leone has yet to miss the 125-lb weight limit by at least three pounds, and at a weight class like 125 that ends up adding up to a lot), but whatevs. Maybe they'll have the long-awaited returns of Adam Kayoom (the skilled, forgotten One FC 170-lb contender) and A.J. Lias Mansor (the forgotten One FC Malaysian national champion). Peter Davis is an obvious addition.

It looks like they're still struggling in China. Maybe they've got more sponsorship problems (that was the reason their Beijing card got delayed; regional sponsors kept jumping ship).

Would be nice if Vera was on the card against chi lewis perry

There's no way they're gonna waste Vera by having him fight anywhere outside of the Philippines.

ASkren/Santos will be in April.

James Goyder tweeted today about Indonesian government not allowing MMA events so maybe the Indonesia card isn't on anymore. Don't quote me on that, don't know for sure.

bummer if its true. it might be just a rumuor so i will take it with a grain of salt. i saw an indonesian fan reply to his tweet (which he deleted) saying that its not true so i will wait and see what will actually happen

https://twitter.com/darchjesse/status/557075357572952067

also a side note, jamesgoyder also tweeted something about anderson silva getting knocked out and lots of ppl are calling him out saying its BS. so... i dunno if i should believe what he tweets anymore.

Looks like a main event's been confirmed.

http://mma-in-asia.com/region/japan/one-fc-asuka-mikami-vs-flyweight-champ-adriano-moraes/

moraes-vs-shibuya.jpg

Former RINGS The Outsiders competitor Asuka Mikami, also known as “Shibuya Rick” and “The Real Baki” has been signed by ONE FC to contest for the Flyweight title. The news was broken by Japan’s MMA Planet.

Mikami has kept his 5-year undefeated streak alive in 2014 by outpointing Paraestra’s Yasutaka Koga at Tribe Tokyo Fight Challenge 2, which put him on the radar for Japan’s hot flyweight scene. He then took a Unanimous Decision in HEAT against Takeshi Hara. This put his record at 12-2-2 with one No Contest.
That sole No Contest in 2013 came as a result of his submission win being overturned when RINGS investigated a gloves-stacking claim and decided that Mikami had used illegal wraps.
Mikami is currently training with HEARTS where he’s honing grappling skills and balancing striking ability. Mikami will be stepping into the role fellow Japanese standout Rambo Suzuki faced upon his first signing with ONE FC, and that is to face the now Flyweight Champion Moraes.
Moraes (12-1) joined ONE FC in 2013 and faced Yusup Saadulaev in an incredible battle which saw him handed his first loss by Split Decision. The former Shooto Brazil prodigy rebounded to choke out Yasuhiro Urushitani, Suzuki, and most recently Geje Eustaquio for the ONE FC Flyweight strap.
The Championship defense is expected to take place at ONE FC’s Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia return on March 13, 2015.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Asuka-Mikami-40488

His biggest victory so far has been against the 2012 Pancrase 125-lb Neo Blood tournament winner Yasutaka Koga (a pretty good victory). However, he's fought a lot of bantamweights, featherweights and even a lightweight, and he trains with Kenji Osawa, so he looks good.

great poster

Does anyone know where it's from? Looks like Angkor to me, but then the poster would make no sense. Would be nice if it was a tourist attraction close to KL so I have an excuse to go see this card :)

Ann Osman seems officially in the card as well (source: ONE FC FB page)

can't wait to c her again and to c if she can continue to develop her game

With the last additions:

FLW TITLE BOUT: Adriano Moraes (c, 12-1) vs. Asuka Mikami (12-2-2)
FW BOUT: Peter Davis (9-3) vs. Rajinder Singh Meena (8-1)
WFLW BOUT: Ann Osman (2-1) vs. Angela Lee (0-0, 3-0 ammy)
FLW BOUT: Thanh Vu (3-3) vs. Gianni Subba (4-1)
FLW BOUT: Saiful Merican (3-2) vs. Anatpong Bunrad (4-1)
FW BOUT: Ev Ting (8-2) vs. Cary Bullos (7-2)
FW BOUT: Chan Rothana (2-1) vs. Ramon Gonzales (0-0)

Good card, but OneFC needs to start utilizing its heavyweights more. When was the last time Chi Parry or Paul Cheng fought. Get these guys some fights.

Good card, but OneFC needs to start utilizing its heavyweights more. When was the last time Chi Parry or Paul Cheng fought. Get these guys some fights.

From what i hear, chi has a fight lined up, just not released. My guess is vs vera cause they did a poll and that fight was the most in demand.

Igor just called out Cheng last week, but i prefer lokteff vs Cheng and igor vs tony Johnson

From what i hear, chi has a fight lined up, just not released. My guess is vs vera cause they did a poll and that fight was the most in demand.

Igor just called out Cheng last week, but i prefer lokteff vs Cheng and igor vs tony Johnson

Johnson left OneFC and signed with Bellator recently. Lokteff vs Cheng makes sense for the next contender to the winner of Vera vs Parry, if that fight is indeed happening.

Back