News One Championship's tenth anniversary show postponed

TorontoTO

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
ONE: X, the promotion’s tenth-anniversary show, has been postponed.

According to Chatri Sityodtong, founder, chairman and CEO of ONE, the event, which was scheduled for Dec. 5 in Singapore, has been postponed due to the rise in COVID cases in Singapore.

The current plan is to hold the event “early next year” in Singapore, however, an exact date isn’t known at this time, Sityodtong said.

The event will still be headlined by the Demetrious Johnson vs. Rodtang mixed rules bout, as well Bibiano Fernandes vs. John Lineker for the ONE bantamweight title and Thanh Le vs. Garry Tonon for the featherweight title, among other fights.

“I’m bummed that we have to move ONE: X by several weeks,” Sityodtong said, “but it is the right thing to do, given the record-high outbreak of COVID in singapore. ONE: X will be our biggest show in history. The Singapore government has continued to do an extraordinary job in managing the COVID situation.”

ONE’s remaining fight schedule will continue as planned, Sityodtong said, including an event on Friday in Singapore.

“We would like to do ONE: X with a full stadium and full broadcast without major risk,” Sityodtong said.

https://arielhelwani.substack.com/p/one-championships-tenth-anniversary

They are recording all three next gen events today and releasing them over the month

Got my laptop set up to watch tonight's event.

All three ??? <Lmaoo>

I just think of all the people who make bets and how can we steal the results?

Got my laptop set up to watch tonight's event.

All three ??? <Lmaoo>

I just think of all the people who make bets and how can we steal the results?

They've been doing this for the past 12 months.

Was hoping for a lot of "I am in" comments and many to join in watching this event is anyone outside Asia getting it??

Looks like first fight is kickboxing, guess I will stop posting and log off group as no one else is watching and I do not want to give it away to others who will catch it later. Russia vs Romania kickboxing .. anyway dude I log off

Back