News ONE Championship Lying Again

what in the actual fuck?

who runs one now, george costanza?

79fcb806114c170b497107fb89732d30.jpg

I don't get it. A Filipino journalist/news outlet published some wrong information about ONE Championship's involvement in the One world concert.

ONE made a statement to clarify the situation and then the news outlet took down the article.

I don't see any lies in Chatri's post. They have been partners with Global Citizen for years. Global Citizen are the ones who staged the concert right? And ONE did stream the concert on their app.

What did ONE do wrong exactly?

This thread title is more of a lie than anything Chatri said. He's presenting the truth in a certain way.... seriously have any of you guys worked with Asian businessmen before? Lol

I don't know if ONE have anything that will make UFC worry about.

Everyone knows ONE is a farce at best.

Chattri is hype oriented business guy who more or less is a conman in a business suit. Everything he does is propped up by investors and I highly doubt any of them every see a penny out of it. Its amazing he still can find people to invest in his schemes.

Everyone knows ONE is a farce at best.

Chattri is hype oriented business guy who more or less is a conman in a business suit. Everything he does is propped up by investors and I highly doubt any of them every see a penny out of it. Its amazing he still can find people to invest in his schemes.
Other than for curiosity, why would I as an MMA fan care about any of that? Does Chatri owe you money? One Championship has pretty interesting cards with nice production values and a decent roster. And the cards are totally free on YouTube or Bleacher Report Live. So I enjoy it for what it is for as long as it lasts.

Other than for curiosity, why would I as an MMA fan care about any of that? Does Chatri owe you money? One Championship has pretty interesting cards with nice production values and a decent roster. And the cards are totally free on YouTube or Bleacher Report Live. So I enjoy it for what it is for as long as it lasts.

i mean, i care about the shady shit (preferential treatment toward evolve, questionable weights, etc) more than production values or a roster. so i'm not sure i get your logic.

scumbag moves are scumbag moves.

i mean, i care about the shady shit (preferential treatment toward evolve, questionable weights, etc) more than production values or a roster. so i'm not sure i get your logic.

scumbag moves are scumbag moves.
It's simple, as a fight fan I like having interesting promotions to watch with a good roster and nice production values and most importantly interesting fights and tournaments to watch and if it's totally free online to watch at my convenience, so much the better. It would be nice if One Championship was more transparent about the weigh-ins which they gave rectified somewhat in 2019 with the public weigh-ins on YouTube and if they didn't use such ridiculous hyperbole to describe the 2.7 billion potential viewers and other silliness. But I'm not going to let such minor issues stop me from watching any more than I am going to be upset by any of Dana White's weird decisions with interim belts or let his biases stop me from watching the UFC either. I mentioned this before, but some people on these forums act like the CEO's of these promotions owe them money and they want help to get it back or get revenge.

It's simple, as a fight fan I like having interesting promotions to watch with a good roster and nice production values and most importantly interesting fights and tournaments to watch and if it's totally free online to watch at my convenience, so much the better. It would be nice if One Championship was more transparent about the weigh-ins which they gave rectified somewhat in 2019 with the public weigh-ins on YouTube and if they didn't use such ridiculous hyperbole to describe the 2.7 billion potential viewers and other silliness. But I'm not going to let such minor issues stop me from watching any more than I am going to be upset by any of Dana White's weird decisions with interim belts or let his biases stop me from watching the UFC either. I mentioned this before, but some people on these forums act like the CEO's of these promotions owe them money and they want help to get it back or get revenge.

...comparing to the ufc isn't an argument. i stopped watching one after they banned soccer kicks and got shady re: evolve. but i'm no fan of the ufc, either.

comparing a sheister to another sheister doesn't justify sheisting.

...comparing to the ufc isn't an argument. i stopped watching one after they banned soccer kicks and got shady re: evolve. but i'm no fan of the ufc, either.

comparing a sheister to another sheister doesn't justify sheisting.
So if you don't watch One Championship and not a fan of the UFC what does that leave as far as MMA? Bellator? Or do you just hate everything about major MMA promotions at this point and don't watch at all and just stick around to make snarky comments about how everything sucks?

So if you don't watch One Championship and not a fan of the UFC what does that leave as far as MMA? Bellator? Or do you just hate everything about major MMA promotions at this point and don't watch at all and just stick around to make snarky comments about how everything sucks?

i'll occasionally watch the ufc if it's on tv or see a clip of a fight that's supposed to be good.

that said, you know there are other orgs, right? i always preferred jmma and also watch bellator. you know what forum this is, right? derp.

One Championship has entertaining cards and they are all free on YouTube or Bleacher Report Live. As a fan why would you want that to go away? Let him practice his hyperbole if we get free content.

It's the way he express himself as he is kind of philanthrop and believes he has the same fame as Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Greta Thunberg, Barack Obama and everything involved in so called social entrepreneurship

I also do not like Dana White and Ufc aswell since they never cut fighters like JonJones due acting unprofessional outside of the cage

I do not like Scott Coker for not promoting Muslim fighters and only wants to book dads bods fights and Fedors team. Scott can't define the word talent. He is more interested of mismatches to make Ryan Bader, Chris Cyborg to look better.

I only love Pfl despite Ali, that is somehow pure strategy. Maybe way to many Dagestans fighting each other.

Rizin is the best at this moment and Ksw.

Chatri lies and pretends he is important to manipulate media in Asia

If journalism and transparency would work as in Europe we would not have this covid-19, same with One championships journalism and pr

From a pure fan point, sure enjoy it while it last.

But as others point out there is a lot of questionable things that are done and said. Some of it just wildly ridiculous.

I guess what bothers me with some of these orgs is how some fans think these orgs are something well beyond what they truly are. All to many times history has shown when these orgs go down for the count it leaves a lot of fighters hanging. I hope ONE continues to chug along. I just don't need the CEO posting how he just raised 10 million dollars. When ONE for the operating year is losing millions upon millions year after year. Talking about how he is going to do 100 shows a year at the same time they are cancelling 5 or 6 shows in the next 4 months. Just way to many things he yaps about are just smoke and mirrors.

You guys are all entitled to your opinions. I just think it's odd for MMA fans to care that much about whether the CEO or President of a promotion is a nice guy or a blowhard. Or whether he treats certain people nicely, so much so that you refuse to watch fights from that organization in some kind of weird protest. Or you'll watch sometimes but be angry about it like these guys screwed you over personally. I watch nearly every major MMA promotion and just accept them for what they are, flaws and all. I think it's good for the sport and fighters that we have several promotions with slightly different formats, like the UFC the "Big Show"; Bellator also a pretty major organization featuring tournaments as well; PFL with the league format; Rizin for the JMMA weirdness and cross-promotions; Invicta FC for up & coming WMMA; LFA for a feeder league for up & coming fighters etc etc.

You guys are all entitled to your opinions. I just think it's odd for MMA fans to care that much about whether the CEO or President of a promotion is a nice guy or a blowhard. Or whether he treats certain people nicely, so much so that you refuse to watch fights from that organization in some kind of weird protest. Or you'll watch sometimes but be angry about it like these guys screwed you over personally. I watch nearly every major MMA promotion and just accept them for what they are, flaws and all. I think it's good for the sport and fighters that we have several promotions with slightly different formats, like the UFC the "Big Show"; Bellator also a pretty major organization featuring tournaments as well; PFL with the league format; Rizin for the JMMA weirdness and cross-promotions; Invicta FC for up & coming WMMA; LFA for a feeder league for up & coming fighters etc etc.

no one's arguing otherwise.

it's a shame that one is so fucking crooked, which makes it a piece of shit and not good for the sport or really worth watching, imo.

no one's arguing otherwise.

it's a shame that one is so fucking crooked, which makes it a piece of shit and not good for the sport or really worth watching, imo.
Everything and everyone is crooked if you have an axe to grind and want to work yourself up into a lather over whatever sleights or flaws you perceive there to be. There are quite a few people on this forum that have developed a board "character" whose primary attribute is irrationally hating a certain MMA CEO, company, fighter or media personality. UFC, Dana White, Scott Coker, PFL, Ali Abdel-Aziz, Joe Rogan, Paige Van Zant are all taken. The list goes on and on. You're the "I hate Chatri and One Championship" guy.

Everything and everyone is crooked if you have an axe to grind and want to work yourself up into a lather over whatever sleights or flaws you perceive there to be. There are quite a few people on this forum that have developed a board "character" whose primary attribute is irrationally hating a certain MMA CEO, company, fighter or media personality. UFC, Dana White, Scott Coker, PFL, Ali Abdel-Aziz, Joe Rogan, Paige Van Zant are all taken. The list goes on and on. You're the "I hate Chatri and One Championship" guy.

holy hell, man. you're the one worked up enough to write gigantic paragraphs of grasping for straws.

you act as if the one controversies are invented, as if they weren't caught red-handed...

Tbf I'd listen to Stemm over any of those other artists any day.

IN. TO. PIECES.

<{JustBleed}>

Its amazing we are discussing this band in this year. They were pretty much nobodies even in the nu-metal era and yet while most of the bands from than (other than the biggest ones) have been totally forgotten about, Stemm remains.

Hell take 30 random high school kids today and many of them may not even recognize bigger hits from Korn and Limp Bizkit but play them "Face the Pain" and guaranteed a few will go "oh that's the UFC song!".

Back