Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Honorio Banario (14-7) vs. Lowen Tynanes (9-0) Jan. 25 in Manila
Amir Khan (11-4) vs Ariel Sexton (12-4) Feb. 22 in Singapore
Saygid Guseyn Arslanaliev (6-1) vs. Ev Ting (16-5) Feb. 22 in Singapore
Eddie Alvarez (29-6) vs. Timofey Nastyukhin (12-4) Mar. 31 in Tokyo

Finally get to see this Lowen Tynanes fight. Sherbros swing from his dangler and I never heard of him until recently.

Honorio Banario (14-7) vs. Lowen Tynanes (9-0) Jan. 25 in Manila
Amir Khan (11-4) vs Ariel Sexton (12-4) Feb. 22 in Singapore
Saygid Guseyn Arslanaliev (6-1) vs. Ev Ting (16-5) Feb. 22 in Singapore
Eddie Alvarez (29-6) vs. Timofey Nastyukhin (12-4) Mar. 31 in Tokyo

Tynanes and Saygid can be reasonable threats even to Alvarez.
Great prospects (despite Tynanes wasting too much time with...contracts? Injuries? Both?).

Finally get to see this Lowen Tynanes fight. Sherbros swing from his dangler and I never heard of him until recently.
He’s a good prospect, it would be cool to see him take this tournament. It’s also crazy this will be his 6th fight for ONE in 6 years.

So Aoki and Folayang aren't in it?

What bullshit. This tournament means nothing now.

It's one thing to have the fights spread out like that, but without even your 2 top ranked guys?

I'm so dissapointed.

So Aoki and Folayang aren't in it?

What bullshit. This tournament means nothing now.

It's one thing to have the fights spread out like that, but without even your 2 top ranked guys?

I'm so dissapointed.

They fight for the belt...GP winner will fight their winner...

Alvarez, Tynanes & Arslanaliev the big 3 favourites for me.

They fight for the belt...GP winner will fight their winner...
Yes I get it, I just think it's stupid.

First of all, both Aoki and Folayang were advertised for this tournament.

Secondly, this tournament has zero prestige. In PRIDE, the champions entered the tournaments, without putting their lineal belts on the line. That's the best way. The tournaments have some meaning.
K-1 and DREAM handled it the same way.

This is like the recent Glory heavyweight GP nobody cared about, because Rico Verhoeven wasn't in it.

Finally, they should have it be a 1 night tournament (k1 style) or a 2 night tournament (pride mw GP 2003 style), or failing that...even a 3 night tournament would be ok.
At least have all the quarter finals on one event.
This is such a wasted opportunity.

I guarantee most of ONE fans won't realise it's a tournament.

And finally....a minor point, but Ed Alvarez, their top ranked guy (globally speaking) needs to knock off 3 guys just to get a title shot.
And I suppose it will be the same for mighty mouse.

Yes I get it, I just think it's stupid.

First of all, both Aoki and Folayang were advertised for this tournament.

Secondly, this tournament has zero prestige. In PRIDE, the champions entered the tournaments, without putting their lineal belts on the line. That's the best way. The tournaments have some meaning.
K-1 and DREAM handled it the same way.

This is like the recent Glory heavyweight GP nobody cared about, because Rico Verhoeven wasn't in it.

Finally, they should have it be a 1 night tournament (k1 style) or a 2 night tournament (pride mw GP 2003 style), or failing that...even a 3 night tournament would be ok.
At least have all the quarter finals on one event.
This is such a wasted opportunity.

I guarantee most of ONE fans won't realise it's a tournament.

And finally....a minor point, but Ed Alvarez, their top ranked guy (globally speaking) needs to knock off 3 guys just to get a title shot.
And I suppose it will be the same for mighty mouse.

I think ONE do not take the belts themselves as seriously and you know, sometimes GP winner is recognized as a champion respectful no less.

That's not the best GP ever, for me it's just a bunch of matchups anyway.
But at least the matchups are nice...

Great prospects (despite Tynanes wasting too much time with...contracts? Injuries? Both?).

Yeah, those are some threats to him.

Serious question, if Eddie had to fight all of those other guys in a row in one night, how many would he get through before losing? Even new guy is fresh obviously. I say he gets through at least 5.

I know he had some contract issues with KOTC for a while. Good thing he's still young. This tournament could open a lot of doors for him.

Honestly I'm cheering for Ev Ting. Guy is super underrated and a great athlete.

Put em all on the same night.

I wish it were one night but they spreading it out in events like Bellator. I prefer Rizin or PFL one night tourney.

Make it like Pride baby. Pride.

I wish it were one night but they spreading it out in events like Bellator. I prefer Rizin or PFL one night tourney.

For sure. It's already a rather minor tournament. Makes it even tougher o get invested when just the quarter finals are spread over 2 months.

Anyone who liked PFL's format should be summarily executed.

Yes, two round fight, and if it's a draw, the fighter who won the first round advances.

Back