ONE Championship Looking To Pull 100+ Events Per Year

Bobby Boulders

My Lovin' Is Digi
Platinum Member
Reaction score
ONE Championship owner Chatri Sityodtong hosted a media call Thursday night and offer an audacious prediction: "We’re throwing 30 events next year, which is a record high for us. Over the next three years, we plan to scale to 52 events and then eventually to 104 events. So, every Friday and Saturday across the entire continent of Asia - four billion people here. If you look at 2019, we have major, major footprints we are literally at the very initial phases of either entering or have just entered. It’s China, it’s Korea, Japan, and India. You’re going to see some noise over there in 2019. Each of these countries is massive in terms of the fanbase, but also in terms of just the economy.”

Source: MMAJunkie

That is a whole lot of events for one organization. I guess I will just catch the cards that have really significant fights on them.

104 events? They’re going to run out of names for their events lol

This is getting truly and utterly pathetic. People think Dana lies! Not compared to the guys who run One FC. Wow. Incredible stuff. Every single time they open their mouths they attempt to deceive fans and investors alike. It has gone beyond hype. It's turning into fraud.

One has become a self promotion circus with all that ufc from Asia shit Where is Victor cui?I only see the other guy now

Last edited:
Oh wow, can't wait to watch some Indonesian vs some Malaysian guy every weekend.

Maybe get to 20 first. 100 ONE events in a year would turn the "Singaporean cabbie vs Indonesian car salesman" meme into reality

It's not going to be just MMA. That's why they've been adding in so many Muay Thai and KB stuff.

They are going to add more MT, KB, Boxing.... i can stand 2 or 3 KB or MT per fight card... but more than that... i do not think so...if so, i am only going to watch the big shows...
It is a shame.. finally there is a way to watch all the events....

Not just MMA, but also the super series Kickboxing, Muay Thai and Boxing.

They wanna take over all of combat sports in Asia, catering to MMA, muay thai, kickboxing and boxing fans. I can dig it.

Quality > quantity.
I rather see them pull off 10/20 great events per year then 100 shitty cards.

well I am a hell of a lot more likely to watch a Saturday morning One card than I am a Friday morning One card.

Good lord............why do they continue to spew just nonsense???

<codychoke>

The fact that Chatri has scaled up his bullshit in the face of pretty embarrassing financial reports is comical

I'm not mad. I'll still be attending and watching their great events until they inevitably collapse and chatri takes the money he's saved from his ridiculous salary and runs.

If they completely separate the kickboxing, boxing, must this, and mma events, it could possibly be doable. At least, break 50events/year.

The fact that Chatri has scaled up his bullshit in the face of pretty embarrassing financial reports is comical

I'm not mad. I'll still be attending and watching their great events until they inevitably collapse and chatri takes the money he's saved from his ridiculous salary and runs.
Not sure if that article mentioned what his salary is. I was surprised to see he is only the second largest single holder of shares. Never heard of the larger share holder before.

Back