ONE Championship Hero's Ascent Eustaquio vs Moraes 3, Discussion 3am/6am PT/ET

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dw5DVjcX4AEZa-k.jpg:large

Should be 3, not 2.
This will be their 3rd fight, & the rubber match.

Hope Moraes wins as he was robbed blind in the 2nd fight . Something tells me he is going to need a finish though.

Four Japanese fighters, 3/4 in super series bouts. Looks like ONE is working hard to impress their new Japanese network.

Top 3 fights look great anyway. Moraes, Wada and Tynanes are may all be favoured in another venue, but the support the Filipino guys get from their hometown crowd is unreal.

Should be 3, not 2.
This will be their 3rd fight, & the rubber match.

Hope Moraes wins as he was robbed blind in the 2nd fight . Something tells me he is going to need a finish though.
Complex Scoring System, close fight but no robbery imo

anyone that watches Moraes vs. Eustaquio and gives the nod to the filipino should never judge again IMO.

Kingad looked solid against Wakamatsu, but still have to think Wada takes it.

Tynanes better destroy Banario.

I am only interested in watching

Banario vs Tynanes
De Ridder vs Rong
Jung Lee vs Kai

Is this going to be on TNT USA TV or ONE FC app?

I'm only interested in watching Lowen Tynanes since I don't know who the fook the others are and he's really super lean and toned like he's a very strong competitor.

Is this going to be on TNT USA TV or ONE FC app?

I'm only interested in watching Lowen Tynanes since I don't know who the fook the others are and he's really super lean and toned like he's a very strong competitor.

ONE events are gonna still be free all thru January and February in B/R live after that it will probably cost money

@EndlessCritic they have an awful lot of decisions in their records

@EndlessCritic they have an awful lot of decisions in their records
Bro...

Kingad's only loss is to ONEFc's uncrowned champ Adriano Moraes. He just pulled off a huge upset over Yuya Wakamatsu (who is fighting Demetrious Johnson next.) Kingad vs Wakamatsu was the definition of a technical war, where Kingad shows he knows how to wrestle. Highlight video of the fight:

Tatsumitsu Wada is arguably a top 5 flyweight outside the UFC. He dropped a close split decision in his ONE debut to Reece Mclaren, but rebounded against an overmatched Eugene Toquero, where he literally punched Toquero into an RNC, winning in 50 seconds.

This is an extremely high level fight at flyweight. Tapology has Kingad ranked #44 in the world right now at flyweight. Wada has literally been a top 50 ranked flyweight since 2013, with his only flyweight loss from 2013-2017 coming to Yuki Motoya. http://www.fightmatrix.com/fighter-profile/Tatsumitsu+Wada/8321/

Honestly depressing that Wada and Motoya never got to fight in the UFC. Meanwhile Wada dominated Kai Kara France (who is fighting at UFC 234), and Motoya just dominated Scoggins at Rizin.

People must understand the difference between a complex scoring system like the ONE/Pride one, and the UFC one...

Those who called Eustaquio vs Moraes a hobbery are probably the same ones who called Ricco vs Nog a hoberry too...

It was a tough fight to score, that´s it.

1st of all, judging is based on the entirety of the fight.
This fight was a Split decision, btw...

2nd: Da Wizard was the one who dropped those judgin´ criterias, and guess what?... It´s again a complex system jus´like in Pride, with 5 main criterias:

From Most to Least Important:

1/ Near KO or submission?

> No near KO.
but... Near Sub? :
That´s where it gets tricky, and might explain the Split Dec.:

Moraes got mainly in the bank: 2 kneebars (not that tight tbh), 1 armbar (kindah weak, and got countered during the process> damage done), one weak guillotine choke that Moraes adjusted on the ground and which then became a slightly more legit one in the 1st Rd, then another one in the 5th Rd, well set-up, but Moraes didnt really secure the hold.

Advantage: Moraes (dependin´clearly on the guillotine chokes, I would say)

2/ Damage done?

Except the guillotine choke in the 1st, Moraes´ sub attempts didnt last enough to inflict legit damage, realistically...

Now, on the feet, Gege inflicted more damage with: counter-punches, body kicks and leg kicks, some elbows too on the ground,

Moraes inflicted some 'light' damage when he got Gege´s back, but nothin´ really serious.
On the ground, Moraes´GNP was cleary not a factor.

Advantage: Gege

3/ Striking combinations, ground control, generalship & control superior position.

Kindah split here: Gege had much better striking combos, obviously, kindah pressed a lil more the action (arguably),
but Moraed had more ground control & control superior position (Gege did have his moments though, he did give his back at one point, but got Moraes´back too, b4 the rollin´ kneebars).

Advantage: None

4/ TDs & TDD

Gege defended more TDs IIRC, had some TDs too, but Moraes got more TDs IIRC

Advantage: Moraes

5/ Aggression.

Both were aggressive, Moraes with his subs, and Gege with his striking combos, both pressed to finish the fight

Advantage: None

Final Verdict: Damage Done vs 2 Guillotine chokes...
Choose your winner. (I choose Eustaquio coz Im biased, kneebar is my fav. sub...but...close fight)

Last edited:
Yo this shit starts in 5 hours, free and live on B/R Live & ONE App.

Back