ONE Championship Folayang vs Aoki 2 A New Era Live from Japan March 31, Discussion.

Not familiar with Wakamatsu but Nastyukhin is a fun fighter to watch, lots of aggression and KO power. Hoping for a good fight.

K-1 rules I assume?
Should be. Souwer doesn't fight full Thai rules (as far as I know) and Yod will seemingly fight under any ruleset.

Edit:
The gloves will be interesting.
ONE leaves it up to the fighters to agree on the gloves, as far as I know.

Andy is 0-1 in ONE. A close loss under KB rules with KB gloves, in a ring.

Yod is 2-0. 2 easy wins under MT rules with MMA gloves, in the cage.

Last edited:
Amir Khan anything but #8? Are you serious?

For some reason I misremembered him as getting a victory over Timofey, but it was timofey who won. You are right. He should be lower.

Still better than ev ting tho

Should be. Souwer doesn't fight full Thai rules (as far as I know) and Yod will seemingly fight under any ruleset.

Edit:
The gloves will be interesting.
ONE leaves it up to the fighters to agree on the gloves, as far as I know.

Andy is 0-1 in ONE. A close loss under KB rules with KB gloves, in a ring.

Yod is 2-0. 2 easy wins under MT rules with MMA gloves, in the cage.
Prefer full Thai rules myself but I’m hoping it’s KB in a ring, because even though it’s 10 years later I’m still excited for them to rematch under the same rule set and It will be a lot more competitive.

For some reason I misremembered him as getting a victory over Timofey, but it was timofey who won. You are right. He should be lower.

Still better than ev ting tho

Ev Ting has beaten much better opposition.

He's getting paid, we all knew they wouldnt be in great fights with top competition.

I assume this will air on TNT in America?

I believe they are doing some TV, some streaming from what I've read. The cards will be spread between TNT and Bleacher Report's streaming service, which Turner owns.

Maybe his parents had a lisp and pronounced their "th" as "f". Or they let his 2 year old brother name him.
Probably just the English translation of an Asian name, and while it looks awkward spelled that way in English Timothy would be an incorrect pronunciation of his name.

So... they're not even debuting against top-ranked One FC fighters?

Seems like a humongous waste of their time and a humongous waste of One FC finances.

And these aren't even Tournament bouts!?
Well think of it this way you have two non-asians being introduced to a new market why not do what Pride did and give them showcase fights is that a good enough reason for you?

those opponents aren't going to get me to tune in to watch.

Probably just the English translation of an Asian name, and while it looks awkward spelled that way in English Timothy would be an incorrect pronunciation of his name.

I was totally joking. I didn't want to go the politically incorrect route and make fun of the disabled, so I tiptoed around it. lol

I was totally joking. I didn't want to go the politically incorrect route and make fun of the disabled, so I tiptoed around it. lol
Haha no I got that but one seriously has to wonder if it’s a translation of a Russian name or whether they were going for Timothy but Timofey is easier to pronounce due to the language they speak or wether that’s a Russian variation of Timothy in origin, my name is difficult for Thais to pronounce correctly for example. I don’t know?

Last edited:
The rematches make sense, Aoki 3-0 since Askren all finishes, and Hasegawa was in a back and forth battle with Aung no doubt earning his rematch. With both fighters being Japanese aswell, this is a killer debut in Japan ONE is so badass. Especially since SuperSeries. Goat org

Back