Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

Sittichai was always good. To be honest i don't understand why people were saying he should work on improving his hands and acted as if he became so much better throughout the years. I would argue he became less good after focusing more on his boxing.

So Capitan Petchyindee (Diesellek) is fighting at Bantomweight vs Petchtanong. How does he go from fighting at 154 in the stadiums where fighters weight cut to fighting at Bantomweight in ONE if ONE supposedly doesn't allow weight cutting? Only way that makes sense is if he's lost weight during his last 7 months of inactivity. Really thought he'd be at FW. Maybe we will see glimpses of that 2013 Diesellek.

If you look at sittichai for instance. Sitsonpeenong got in boxing trainers to improve his boxing for kickboxing. Same with petpanomruang. If you are gonna do something you might aswell be as good as you can be. Having a good pull counter and slip counter is not that advanced boxing. It would make superleks fights easier for him. Especially if he is fighting where judges prefer boxing.
Sittichais situation is very different to superlek. Sittichai has been raised in an international style environment. Foreigners of different styles have been visiting sitsongpeenong for years so hes had that balance of sparring both thais and foreigners. This has somewhat moulded his style. Helped him in certain areas but maybe hurt him in others like being as effective in the stadiums. Boxing training helps but not as much as we think. Its one thing to learn boxing and its another to learn boxing that benefits a fighter within a kickboxing environment. Knowing how to mix it in well with kicks and so on.

Superlek on the other hand has spent most of his career training in Buriram in a very thai style environment. Although he has done a few army boxing tournaments its not enough to make much of a difference. At the moment I expect sittichai to be a better kickboxer than superlek and I expect superlek to be a better muaythai fighter. This is why I dont think it would of been an upset if Superlek lost to Fahdi compared to if Sittichai lost to Kiria for example.

I doubt there is a correlation... a bunch of gyms have a lot of foreigners and i don't know if they stand out compared to other gyms with fewer foreigners.

So Capitan Petchyindee (Diesellek) is fighting at Bantomweight vs Petchtanong. How does he go from fighting at 154 in the stadiums where fighters weight cut to fighting at Bantomweight in ONE if ONE supposedly doesn't allow weight cutting? Only way that makes sense is if he's lost weight during his last 7 months of inactivity. Really thought he'd be at FW. Maybe we will see glimpses of that 2013 Diesellek.
Because he was never a proper 154 guy. Much like Pongsiri he can do well at the weight but is better suited to ~66kg.

they claim there is no weight cutting but from what I see with the other kb/mt fighters it appears they can cut up to 10-12 pounds and still "pass" one's test.

ONE should contact prospects that retired because they were broke. I can recall Greg Wootten and Reece McAllistair off the top of my head.

ONE should contact prospects that retired because they were broke. I can recall Greg Wootten and Reece McAllistair off the top of my head.

I think for Greg it was mostly because of injuries, that's also why he couldn't have that fight vs Saenchai a few years ago.

Petchyindee have all the advantages. They can break the rules. They are the Hemmers gym of one championshop

they claim there is no weight cutting but from what I see with the other kb/mt fighters it appears they can cut up to 10-12 pounds and still "pass" one's test.
I heard from the fighters that they do a urine check. I think Liam Nolan (or another Brit) failed the first one so did it again

Chujaoren after the fight with Thananchai Sitsongpeenong , talking about him getting signed with ONE Championship .

Reporter : There's some confirmation that you will be fighting at ONE FC ?
Chujareon : Well ... I'm very happy , it has become a reality and I'm very honored .
Reporter : You always wanted to fight there , right ?
Chujaroen : Yes .
Reporter : And on your next fight who do you target specifically , who do you want to fight the most ?
Chujaroen : It's on the wish of the promoter .
Reporter : Anyone from 142 pounds to beyond ?
Chujaroen : Yes .

ONE FC ranking are updated now .
https://www.onefc.com/rankings/

It's better than before but some of things i disagree :
Why isn't Petchdam ranked in flyweight Kickboxing ? He is the only one to have fought twice for the title .
Elias also should be in the top 5 , he almost beat Petchdam ( who would be the champion cause of the injury of Elias ) for the title .
Superlek , Rodtang and Panpayak have equal claim to be in the ranking , but i will lean toward Rodtang just because of his past KB fights with Tenshin and Yuki even if both fights weren't in ONE FC that still count when considering a ranking .
Walter Goncalvez has zero claim to be in the top 5 in KB , he has never fought in KB rules anywhere ( to my knowledge ) .
I would of pout Petchdam as the clear number 1 but he has lost to Rodtang in MT so that put Rodtang as the number 1 .
For me the top 5 flyweight KB should be :
1 Rodtang .
2 Petchdam .
3 Wang Wenfeng .
4 Elias .
5 Superlek .

For flyweight Muay Thai divisions losses and title shots should count .
Haggerthy , Goncalvez and Petchdam are greater fighter than Elias , Naito , Nguyen but Hagg/Gonc/Petch all loss to Rodtang and they weren't competitive enough to earn a rematch ( Petchdam clearly losing while Goncalvez fouling too much in the fight with Rodtang ) so Hagg/Gonc/Petch shouldn't be in the top 5 they already got their shots but if they got 1 big/dominant win then why not ?
Guys like Sok Thy , Michael Saavas , Momotaro , Elias and Lerdsilla all need a few wins to be considered in the top 5 even if all of them are good fighter on their own but resume wise they are on losing streak or have too thins of a resume ( like losing to a guy that has fought for the title or guys in my top 5 ) .
But really a top 10 for the division is way more suited because there's are to many killers here .

For the top 5 flyweight MT should be :
1 Superlek .
2 Panpayak .
3 Mongkholpetch
4 Taiki Naito .
5 Nguyen .
( 6 Petchdam , 7 Goncalvez , 8 Haggerty , 9 Elias , 10 Momotaro )

For the Bantamweight KB division it is very new and fresh so lots of unknown .
Still i don't see why a guy like Rodlek should be ranked when he has never fought in KB .
Saemapetch/Kongsak should get a spot because they have at least beaten Alaverdi in Muay Thai nonetheless but they still have a win on the KB champion .
Nong-O also shouldn't be ranked because even if he was scheduled to fight Alaverdi for the KB title that match failed to happen and Nong-O division got a 4 man tournament .
Right now Nong-O got Saemapetch and Rodlek who both have a claim as next in line for the MT title .
Nong-O doesn't have the time for a KB title , he is already surrounded by dangerous matchups in how own division .

For the top 5 bantamweight KB it should be :
1 Cappitan/Dieselek
2 Zhang
3 Petchtanong
4 Saemapetch
5 Kongsak .

The Bantamweight Muay Thai division is a shark tank and it will stay that way for longtime even if Nong-O somehow beat all the top fighters there and retire it will still continue to be one of the most talent filled division in all of the striking sport ( nowhere near the greatest division as it is way too young for now ) .
The only thing holding the Bantamweight Muay Thai division to be one of the best division is that as of now the best haven't fought the best yet , not enough matchup , very new just signed fighters haven't fought yet ( Tawanchai , Rafi , Chujaroen , Cappitan all haven't fought in the division as of now or haven't even made their ONE debut ) and rematches haven't been materializes ( Liam VS Rodlek 2 . Saemapetch vs Nong-O 2 for example ) and that the best fighters of the divisions haven't been serious or in their true form ( Bobo , Kulabdam , Sangmanee and Yodpanomrung ) that can really affect the ranking as if they were they would be ranked higher ) but by potential it is very riche in talent , it may one day be as competitive to hold the ONE FC Muay Thai Bantamweight belt as it is to hold a Radjadamnern/Lumpini belt at -147 lbs of some of the weaker divisions of the two stadiums . Which will be pretty unique in MT history that the same amount of competitiveness ( of the weakest division of the stadiums posses ) can be created outside of the stadiums .
So yeah it need to have a top 10 but anyway .

For the top 5 Bantamweight it should be :
1 Tawanchai
2 Chujaoren
3 Cappitan/Dieslek
4 Rafi
5 Saemapetch .
( 6 Rodlek , 7 Kulabdam , 8 Muangthai , 9 Sangmanee , 10 Kongsak )
Sangmanee right now appears to be serious so he probably should be in the top 5 but he need to show that in his next fight and easily dispatch a guy ( how about a Yodpanomrung , Lobo , Delval , Pinca , Alaverdi , Petchatnong , Liam Harrison or Han Zihao ? ) in his future ONE FC fight .
Kulabdam said he need 2-3 more fights to get to his Pre-COVID form , when he got his form back there's no reason to not have him in the top 5 .
Rodlek had some nice showing but his best win was against a guy that lost his forms so... Saemapetch definitely is the more proven guy in ONE FC .
Tawanchai , Chujaoren , Cappitan and Rafi are all 1-4 because of their insane resume and accomplishment that excide even Nong-O ( the champ ) even if they have yet to make their debut .
Bobo blamed his performance in the Kulabdam fight on a bad training so there's no reason to think that fi he get his form back he wont beat most people up in the division but he still is outside the top 10 .
Guys like Alaverdi , Liam , Petchatnong , Pinca , Zihao , Lobo , Yodpanomrung , Delval don't deserve top be in the top 10 in the Muay Thai division .

Back