Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

Yod did quite good. Was a bit afraid this was going to be kind of the fight ending him, but that completely did not happen. He can easily keep fighting in ONE.

Yod did quite good. Was a bit afraid this was going to be kind of the fight ending him, but that completely did not happen. He can easily keep fighting in ONE.
How did you score? I am not interested who did more damage, but who won which round.

According to the news from China, ONE Championship will hold a brand-new Featherweight (70.3kg) 8-man Touranment in the near future. Giorgio Petrosyan, Tayfun Ozcan, Sitthichai, Superbon, Davit Kiria, Jonay Risco, Samy Sana and Jo Nattawut, the eight superiors who has been signed by ONE will join in this tournament.

According to the news from China, ONE Championship will hold a brand-new Featherweight (70.3kg) 8-man Touranment in the near future. Giorgio Petrosyan, Tayfun Ozcan, Sitthichai, Superbon, Davit Kiria, Jonay Risco, Samy Sana and Jo Nattawut, the eight superiors who has been signed by ONE will join in this tournament.
Smokin' Jo being the clear favorite here...

Can we speculate here for a bit?

I dont know if any of you remember the contender asia but I absolutely loved that show. What if One did something similar today? We have a solid amount of guys at at LW. You can have them live in a shared house and post an episode once a week with a fight at the end of it? Maybe a 16 man tournament.

What if you could bring in Connor Mcgregor? Now here me out. Allegedly hes retired from MMA and he loves striking. I know the elitists may think I am being disrespectful by saying he can hang with the top kb guys but maybe give conor a few advantages like the fights being with mma gloves and being in a cage. KB is not a big sport so even tho you have some really good thais and petrosyan I think Conor could do well against some of the other guys with those added advantages.

The reason why I bring up Conor is he'll be the selling point. You pay him more than everyone else. He knew he wasn't gonna beat Floyd but still why would he turn that down? He's not a diva that cares that much about losing especially now he's lost quite a bit. He even has that "I am new to the sport" excuse if its a pride thing. Offer him a good amount of money and at least see if he says yes. Its not like One have to dish out much money to the other guys.

You trying to tell me Connor, Petro, Sittichai, superbon, yodsanklai, kehl, kiria, samy sana and some other less skilled kb fighters who can speak English wouldn't sell like hell? All the house dramas. You can even feed Conor a few not so good opponents so at least he stays on for a bit. Perfect during the pandemic. No need for crowds. Test everyone so you know they're all going into the house without the virus and the rest is history. Pick fighters based off their personalities. Of course throw in the guys like Petro and Superbon to give the tournament legitimacy.

Its just a thought. Not sure if One have that type of money to dish out at the moment but millions will watch based of Conor and it would do great things for the sport of KB.

A way more skilled set of fighters compared to most of those old school K1 70kg tournaments with masato and buakaw imo

A way more skilled set of fighters compared to most of those old school K1 70kg tournaments with masato and buakaw imo
Probably right with Sittichai, Petrosyan and possibly Superbon. I don't agree about Ozcan, Samy Sana and Kiria. Risco i haven't seen to much.

Probably right with Sittichai, Petrosyan and possibly Superbon.
You can tell you know a lot about the sport by the way you wrote this. Most casuals would be confused by the "possibly Superbon" part due to the fact that Superbon just beat sittichai because they dont understand the triangle theory. Superbon can beat sittichai based off styles making fights but sittichai is better against a variety of styles within kb as a whole compared to Superbon. Marat being a good example of this.

That being said Ozcan and Sana are good fighters. Better than most in those K1 tournaments. I could see them doing well against them all other than prime petro and buakaw. Masato was overrated due to Japanese bias no disrespect.

One should also try and do a 65kg tournament with Petpanomrung, Qiu Jianliang, Jordann Pikeur, Petchtanong Banchamek and etc. I love striking so much. I think the combat world loves sports like kb and muaythai too just don't know it yet. They need that promotion.

Most of the complaints boxing has is it being limited. Most of the complaints MMA has is the ground game. You'd think Muaythai and KB would be ideal but humans don't always work like that.

I dont know if any of you remember the contender asia but I absolutely loved that show. What if
I do remember, all of the the cast members were posting on K-1 FANS when it was airing. It was awesome.

ONE should do something like this, however they wont be able to do anything during the pandemic. So until this ends this is a pipe dream.

There is literally no way Conor would do this or could do this. You're higher than me...

Is there any other elite fighters with a similar style to Ilias Ennahachi? His two fights with ONE were good but there's very few of his other fights available on YT.

He almost has a karate like stance plus with the bouncing footwork it's very interesting, completely different to the Dutch style of KB.

I dont know if any of you remember the contender asia but I absolutely loved that show. What if One did something similar today? We have a solid amount of guys at at LW. You can have them live in a shared house and post an episode once a week with a fight at the end of it? Maybe a 16 man tournament.

What if you could bring in Connor Mcgregor? Now here me out. Allegedly hes retired from MMA and he loves striking. I know the elitists may think I am being disrespectful by saying he can hang with the top kb guys but maybe give conor a few advantages like the fights being with mma gloves and being in a cage. KB is not a big sport so even tho you have some really good thais and petrosyan I think Conor could do well against some of the other guys with those added advantages.

The reason why I bring up Conor is he'll be the selling point. You pay him more than everyone else. He knew he wasn't gonna beat Floyd but still why would he turn that down? He's not a diva that cares that much about losing especially now he's lost quite a bit. He even has that "I am new to the sport" excuse if its a pride thing. Offer him a good amount of money and at least see if he says yes. Its not like One have to dish out much money to the other guys.

You trying to tell me Connor, Petro, Sittichai, superbon, yodsanklai, kehl, kiria, samy sana and some other less skilled kb fighters who can speak English wouldn't sell like hell? All the house dramas. You can even feed Conor a few not so good opponents so at least he stays on for a bit. Perfect during the pandemic. No need for crowds. Test everyone so you know they're all going into the house without the virus and the rest is history. Pick fighters based off their personalities. Of course throw in the guys like Petro and Superbon to give the tournament legitimacy.

Its just a thought. Not sure if One have that type of money to dish out at the moment but millions will watch based of Conor and it would do great things for the sport of KB.

LavishGroundedGrayfox-size_restricted.gif

They have definitely made Muay Thai/Kickboxing more accessible. The Thai fighters seem more suited to ONE than the likes of K1/Glory.

They've definitely made Muay Thai more accessible, but I wouldn't say that about Kickboxing. Their Kickboxing divisions are still shallow and they're not doing as many Kickboxing fights as they are Muay Thai fights and besides there was already Glory for Kickboxing until recently.

ONE more is targeting asian market.
t millions will watch based of Conor and it would do great things for the sport of KB.
I definitely will not bother to watch conor in striking.

KB is not a big sport so even tho you have some really good thais and petrosyan I think Conor could do well against some of the other guys with those added advantages.
For example KB rules or boxing rules fight Khabib vs Conor? Khabib will defeat Conor under these rules, despite he is 90% grappler in mma and not a boxer or KBer.
Can't imagine how boring might be Conor on card with any top 200 boxer or KBer.................
-
From MMAers, for example Masvidal might appear damn watchable under KB type rules.

spacetime? Is that you?

Why does Wikipedia say One Infinity 2 in Tokyo is scheduled on 25th of October? I doubt the One Infinity 1 in the Philippines will still take place, too short time.

Will they allow fans in October in Japan?

Why does Wikipedia say One Infinity 2 in Tokyo is scheduled on 25th of October? I doubt the One Infinity 1 in the Philippines will still take place, too short time.

Will they allow fans in October in Japan?
I would imagine they are doing it in Thailand like all of their events currently. They have another one taking place tomorrow.

e6ddba57e68c85491520053794e1d16b_crop_north.png

Sangmanee Klong SuanPluResort vs Kulabdam Sor. Jor. Piek Uthai (bantamweight muay thai tournament semifinal)

Mongkolpetch Petchyindee vs Sok Thy

Shannon Wiratchai vs Fabio Pinca

Wondergirl Fairtex vs Brooke Farrell

Marie Ruumet vs Little Tiger

Ben Royle vs Quitin Thomas

Last edited:
Back