Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

Superlek won pretty clearly. I thought Superbon vs Sittichai was close but still pretty clear win for Superbon. Yodsanklai vs Petchmorakot was competitive but Petchmorakot scored more. Yodsanklai looked better than i expected. Rodtang vs Petchdam i didn't go round by round but Petchdam was scoring pretty well with his kicks. Rodtang of course won pretty clearly because of the punches he landed that hurt Petchdam.

Looking forward to the next event with Sangmanee, Kulabdam, Samaepetch and Rodlek. Winner will fights Nong-O for the ONE title belt. I think Sangmanee will succeed.

Looking forward to the next event with Sangmanee, Kulabdam, Samaepetch and Rodlek. Winner will fights Nong-O for the ONE title belt. I think Sangmanee will succeed.
This is gonna be amazing! I hope they keep it up. These are such high level types of fights outside of the stadiums. Petchpanomrung needs to hurry up and leave Glory.

Superlek won pretty clearly. I thought Superbon vs Sittichai was close but still pretty clear win for Superbon. Yodsanklai vs Petchmorakot was competitive but Petchmorakot scored more. Yodsanklai looked better than i expected. Rodtang vs Petchdam i didn't go round by round but Petchdam was scoring pretty well with his kicks. Rodtang of course won pretty clearly because of the punches he landed that hurt Petchdam.

You could really hear the power in superlek's kicks without an audience and with good mic's. I thought he won pretty clearly. As you said Petchdam was scoring pretty well with his kicks. I think rodtang just has the psychological edge on petchdam now. Rodtang knows he can hurt petchdam and petchdam can't hurt him back. Rodtang is a great fighter but a lot of his aura is built around his iron chin. I think he is just gifted genetically with that.

You could really hear the power in superlek's kicks without an audience and with good mic's.
My favorite Voice quote of the night:

"The careening of the kicks... into the shin... into the thigh... will send a shiver down your spine!"

I was surprised how Panpayak got shut down like that. Superbon won for sure. Yodsanklai did better than expected and even took round 5. I thought Petchdam could have won that, I would be more confident if he didnt get dumped in round 5. Much better performance by him than Im used to seeing.

I was surprised how Panpayak got shut down like that. Superbon won for sure. Yodsanklai did better than expected and even took round 5. I thought Petchdam could have won that, I would be more confident if he didnt get dumped in round 5. Much better performance by him than Im used to seeing.
I expected him to be skinnier and carry less power in his kicks but he looked pretty strong and explosive. Apart from a couple of punches that visibly hurt Petchdam i don't think it was that one sided. I wonder how he would do against Saeksan, Kaonar etc.

I was surprised how Panpayak got shut down like that.
He is a better fighter. Always has been. Panpayak is the better stadium style gambling influenced point scorer. That shouldn't influence who you see as the better overall mt fighter. Stadiums are great for having some of the most skilled fighters in all of combat sports but there is a point system which some are better at exploiting than others but you put them in a different promotion its a different story. Petchboonchu is a good example of this. I think he is 4-3 against saenchai but is not the better mt fighter.

He is a better fighter. Always has been. Panpayak is the better stadium style gambling influenced point scorer. That shouldn't influence who you see as the better overall mt fighter. Stadiums are great for having some of the most skilled fighters in all of combat sports but there is a point system which some are better at exploiting than others but you put them in a different promotion its a different story. Petchboonchu is a good example of this. I think he is 4-3 against saenchai but is not the better mt fighter.
I think five rounds would favor Panpayak. Superlek was going hard but he looked kind of gassed.

Man if Petro fights and beats superbon and then retires im gonna be so pissed. I just dont see superbon being that guy. Not sure if an orthodox thai can beat him under kb. Needs a southpaw.

Not even sure if sittichai is that guy anymore. Maybe petpanormung would be a great match up. Maybe littewada. Petro has been a diva like buakaw and mayweather. He doesn't face thais under mt. He brings them to kb to have an advantage over them. Petchmorakot is not even an experienced kb fighter yet look at the problems he gave him.

Edit: scratch that the lengthy clinching gave him problems but still...

Assuming Superlek gets a shot vs Rodtang how do you guys see that going?

Its a bit like some boxers are better suited to amateur boxing than the pro's. Not comparing amateur boxing to stadium mt but panpayak is better suited to stadium mt and has adapted his game specifically to the scoring criteria. Some stadium fighters are more adaptable like sangmanee and superlek for instance. Not taking anything away from superlek though it was a great performance and win.

Assuming Superlek gets a shot vs Rodtang how do you guys see that going?
In the stadiums superlek easily but in one with mma gloves probably still superlek but wouldnt be surprised if Rodtang won

I think Rodtang would be the underdog against Superlek, Pet U Thong, Rungkit, Kaonar, Extra and probably the favorite against guys like Yodlekpet, Yamin, Saeksan, Thanonchai. He seems to get quite favorable matchups in the stadium to be fair.

Man if Petro fights and beats superbon and then retires im gonna be so pissed. I just dont see superbon being that guy. Not sure if an orthodox thai can beat him under kb. Needs a southpaw.

Not even sure if sittichai is that guy anymore. Maybe petpanormung would be a great match up. Maybe littewada. Petro has been a diva like buakaw and mayweather. He doesn't face thais under mt. He brings them to kb to have an advantage over them. Petchmorakot is not even an experienced kb fighter yet look at the problems he gave him.

Edit: scratch that the lengthy clinching gave him problems but still...
Maybe my perception from watching through a screen is inaccurate but i think Superbon overestimates his own power. He tends to talk about his power for example saying he is more powerful than Jomthong and Sittichai. To be fair i don't see a big difference in their power. At his prime, Jomthong seemed to be a lot more explosive than Superbon has ever been, Superbon is just kind of big. Only way i think Superbon can beat Petrosyan is from the outside, if they get into punch exchanges Petrosyan would probably KO him.

He tends to talk about his power for example saying he is more powerful than Jomthong and Sittichai. To be fair i don't see a big difference in their power.

Actually Sittichai is a huge one punch KO artist according to last night's commentary.

Also just saw on Yoksutai that Rodtang's purse was 7 million baht. Salute him!

The borders are closed.
I don't know but I guess there's not too many female professional MMA fighters resident in Thailand, in her weight division, who are willing to fight her.
You're right, but they didn't have to make this an MMA match. I think it would have been smarter to give a Kickboxing match to make up for that prior loss. I understand they want to make her an MMA star and she needs the experience but I think trying to push her in every sport will eventually work against her.

Actually Sittichai is a huge one punch KO artist according to last night's commentary.

Also just saw on Yoksutai that Rodtang's purse was 7 million baht. Salute him!
That is a huge amount for a muay thai fighter. Id say every top figher wants to fight for one.
Different type of promotion but does anyone know what tbe purses are like for Thai fight.

Back