Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

Majority decision? Looked pretty one sided to me.

Nah I don't want to see any Thai in K-1. They would just get robbed, not to mention the worst rule set and the most annoying refs in kickboxing today.

I want to see Rodtank rematch Tenshin. I think Tenshin take it, but it would be hella entertaining.
If they got that fight in One under Thai rules,It would be huge. I doubt Tenshin’s team would even consider risking it without a king’s ransom on the table though.

If they got that fight in One under Thai rules,It would be huge. I doubt Tenshin’s team would even consider risking it without a king’s ransom on the table though.

Yep, Tenshin will probably never fight outside Japan unless he gets crazy money.
He fought in Thailand like once just to get the street cred of beating a Thai fighter under Thai rule in Thailand.

My top 3 fights for Tenshin
1. Takeru (Dear lord, I am sorry for joking that this is our Floyd VS Pacquiao a few years back, please forgive me)
2. Rodtank (The first fight is a blatant robbery, should never have gone into an extra round)
3. Takeru (Yes, the bloody fight better happen before either loses)

Last edited by a moderator:
Superlek better under one and showed this even tho it was close. Panpayak better in stadiums.

I feel bad for sittichai because superbon stylistically is a nightmare for him. To casual fans this doesnt look good. I dont understand why they put him against superbon so early. Its like if a new promotion signed crawford and spence but put them against each other straight away instead of building up towards it. Sittichai has the better chance of beating petrosyan and maybe is a better kickboxer overall against farang but supebon will always be a problem for him. I prefer superbon style but only wanted sittichai to win because of petrosyan fight.

Rodtang as usual always good and could not care less about other fights.

I thought Yod just about won rounds 1, 3 and 5.
Petchmorrakot is an excellent fighter though, I'm a fan of his intelligent style.

I agree with the Sittichai vs Superbon result though, he won it with his punches.

Rodtang is awesome to watch.
MVP of ONE superseries for me.

Great event overall.

Yep, Tenshin will probably never fight outside Japan unless getting crazy money.
He fought in Thailand like once just to get the street cred of beating a Thai fighter under Thai rule in Thailand.

My top 3 fights for Tenshin
1. Takeru (Dear lord, I am sorry for joking that this is our Floyd VS Pacquiao a few years back, please forgive me)
2. Rodtank (The first fight in a blatant robbery, should never have gone into an extra round)
3. Takeru (Yes, the bloody fight better happen either loses)
I agree on all points. That Takeru fight needs to happen, and imo Rodtag is going to have to stop Tenshin to win in Japan.

My takeaways:

-Panpayak vs Superlek was a fun fight.
-MMeh fight was quick fortunately, decent stand up though.
-Sittichai vs Superbon was a super close fight, could have went either way.
-I told y'all we aren't gonna get the Petro fight vs Sittichai.
-Stamp Fairtex was fed an easy opponent.
-Yodsanklai's game was completely shut down by Phet. His left roundhouse was made useless by catch/counter and ring generalship, and his hands were shut down on the inside with elbows.
-Broadcast cannot score a Muay Thai fight.
-Rodtank did Rodtank things.

-Broadcast cannot score a Muay Thai fight.

Maybe, I don"t have much experience. And I see generally the leg kicks in kickboxing at least are less scored.

But I am home now and in the next hours I will watch the replay on TV. Really curious.

One thing you should agree, Snubnoze, not impressed with the fitness of Phet especially and Rodtank, not to mention Superbon was also not perfect. Imagine Yod and Sittichai did not even look at their best. And are better prepared.

One thing you should agree, Snubnoze, not impressed with the fitness of Phet especially and Rodtank, not to mention Superbon was also not perfect. Imagine Yod and Sittichai did not even look at their best. And are better prepared.
I mean all these guys been inactive during a pandemic. I doubt this was their best showing but honestly they all looked good to me. Not sure how you can't be impressed with their fitness, I seriously doubt a Stoica brother could keep up that work rate.

They are also a lot lighter. Maybe, they did not fight at every 3 months (even though usually they are prepared for 5 rounds). But notice now how inactive was kept Adegbuyi by Glory, and how lame is that Ben Saddik didn"t fight since December 2018. Unreal!

Glory was keeping fighters inactive without any pandemic.

I just thought Yod and Sittichai looked better as fitness. If they want to hold titles they should better solve this. But we will see better next, it was pandemic. Maybe they were more affected than the others... Sittichai lost home his hands, but I am impressed he looked better than expected than those filmed sparrings!

Overall an ok event, but only the last 3 fights. And balanced.

Last edited:
I wonder if the commentators were in the arena, seems like there was a few seconds delayed reaction

My takeaways:
-Stamp Fairtex was fed an easy opponent .
You could tell from the promo that it was a mismatch of ridiculous proportions. It looked like they picked up some high school girl that was bragging about getting a brown belt.

You could tell from the promo that it was a mismatch of ridiculous proportions. It looked like they picked up some high school girl that was bragging about getting a brown belt.
The padwork at MISTER KOK GYM was a dead giveaway for me. 3 fights and hasn't fought 3 years.

The borders are closed.
I don't know but I guess there's not too many female professional MMA fighters resident in Thailand, in her weight division, who are willing to fight her.

Back