Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

They do have a ton of money. Going to be a big player for the next 2-3 years, maybe 4, just with what they have. Will be interesting to see if they can build an actual business in that time.

Their marketing might be good for casuals, which admittedly could totally end up being enough, for now at least. Beyond a superficial look, they aren't so impressive. They literally buy facebook views at random all the time. Wasting money on English ads for people who don't speak English, probably not the best idea. Same for the fake paparazzi etc. Looks good till you realize they aren't real and then you just wonder wtf are they doing.

Glory's financials weren't as detailed as ONE's but fairly certainly even Glory has more actual money revenue than ONE. Or at least did in 2017 and haven't seen much of a change in that. Both losing money but ONE has been losing more and more money every year.

Will be interesting to see if Glory can keep Rico now that his contract is running out and/or does ONE have enough interest to pay for him. Would have to think of Glory differently if they can't keep any of their star Dutchies anymore.
Contract is already out.

Khbabez vs. Andre Stoica on 9th March

https://www.vechtsportinfo.nl/nieuw...waargewicht-kickboks-clash-met-andrei-stoica/

kbabhz-stoic.jpg

Really impressed with Superlek. I think we all expected him to win but what separates him from a lot of other thais is his aggression. He puts everything into it but does it in a way where he's not being wild or leaving himself open (too much). He's opponent wasn't that bad. He just couldn't do anything. His defense was on point for someone fighting so aggressively. You can even see him getting tired towards the end knowing it was only a 3 round fight.

Really impressed with Superlek. I think we all expected him to win but what separates him from a lot of other thais is his aggression. He puts everything into it but does it in a way where he's not being wild or leaving himself open (too much). He's opponent wasn't that bad. He just couldn't do anything. His defense was on point for someone fighting so aggressively. You can even see him getting tired towards the end knowing it was only a 3 round fight.
Uh... There is no way this win was more impressive than his win against against Saeksan in 2016.

Also he won one 5 out of 11 fights against thais since 2017. Would be more impressive if he did better against other elite thais.

Uh... There is no way this win was more impressive than his win against against Saeksan in 2016.

Also he won one 5 out of 11 fights against thais since 2017. Would be more impressive if he did better against other elite thais.
It wasn't winning which impressed me. Its how he fought. A lot of other Thai's in these type of promotions dont fight like that. Superlek is effective enough fighting the way he fights in the stadiums and good to see him switch it up in ONE.

Bro this is with little gloves tho in a foreign promotion. Gotta give extra credit for that. It's like a half transition. Like part time in the science lab, but it still payed off against an over matched opponent.

I like the slow calculated Superlek much more. This is a bit overagressive and with a better opponent they may make him pay for it

Chatri said it was their most boring event ever.

this is his way of saying, screw competitive fights. Next event will be Petchdam versus another tomato can, so he get's what he wants.

this is his way of saying, screw competitive fights. Next event will be Petchdam versus another tomato can, so he get's what he wants.
That's Chatri, all right. Nailed it.

I don"t know how can currently beat light heavyweight Tarik Khbabez, even in Glory. He would deserve a fight against Vakhitov. I am very sure Khbabez can beat both Zhuravlev especially and even Ilunga.

Khbabez knocked out former top 10 light heavyweight also of Morocco Ibrahim El Bouni in ONE.

Tarik Khbabez is former Superkombat WGP winner, when he won against Roman Kryklia in the final. Andrei Stoica is former 4-time Superkombat super cruiserweight world champion.

Anyway, for the Romanian it"s the first time in One Championship. First travel in Asia also, different ring, etc. I hope he gets another match.

PS. One has better production than Glory.

Khbabez looked fantastic, very good fight, I think both are better than most of the field in Glory at 95 kgs. Stoica also toe to toe.

Khbabez might be on PEDs, not sure though, but I think he can stop Vakhitov.

Khbabez is pretty good entertainment every time he fights.

ONE spends a lot of money on looking good.

I'm sure paid mostly, but I still don't believe them. You'd have to be a lunatic to believe ONE is bigger than any of those properties behind them on the list in basically any metric. Different numbers, but good to remember ONE's total revenue from broadcast rights in 2017 was like ~$600k. If people anywhere watched, someone would pay.

They randomly just 4-5x'd some other numbers too. First, they kept saying according to Nielsen 20mil, someone asked Nielsen and they said yeah those aren't our numbers and then ONE adds a little footnote to explain their made up numbers.
Dzyf8cDU0AA3vGB.jpg:large

Last edited:
Back