ONE Championship ban use of soccer kicks in fights

@Setsuna
Not sure why I couldn't quote ur post but according to Chatri, yes they know.
I found his fb post, there is a reply from Ray Elbe (cyborgs bf) that reads as follows:

Elbe:
Weak! that suplex should be legal. a NC is one thing but not a DQ win...it had an arch and wasn’t a spike. Randleman Fedorish

Chatri:
In our rules meeting before every event, we clearly state that a suplex or any variation of it results in immediate DQ loss.

Elbe:
Chatri Sityodtong that’s the nice thing about owning the event your rules are the only rules that matter
It would have been nice if they'd communicated it publicly beforehand, like they did when they got rid of soccer kicks. There have been more than a couple suplex finishes in One recently.

Like this one they feature on their website, from 5 months ago.

https://onefc.com/videos/peng-xue-wens-incredible-suplex-knockout/

Didn't Lee win with a suplex couple months ago? hm...

Didn't Lee win with a suplex couple months ago? hm...
Yea, there's some speculation that it might be rigged, or that someone protested because it looked bad and that this is for optics. It's a fairly major rule change to bring in without announcing it.

Wait...are knees to the head of a grounded fighter still legal?

This happened only last year:

Ye
Wait...are knees to the head of a grounded fighter still legal?

This happened only last year:

Yea they're still legal as are 12-6 elbows.

Overall still a better ruleset than UFC but this suplex ban is fucked.

On a brighter note:

Good to know that the fighters knew and Kritsada got his win bonus. Was any explanation given for why the rule was made? Guessing fighter safety as there've been a few brutal suplexes in One over the past couple years and they've been really careful after the weight cut death.

Also, I guess it's just the belly to back/german suplex that's banned then because they're worried about someone breaking a neck? Otherwise you're going to get into some really subjective decisions on what constitutes a high-impact slam and what is a 'suplex'. Would be nice to hear how it's worded when presented to the fighters.

I would 100% be on board if the Asian promoters would make
the switch to unified rules since it would be a lot safer and fighters
would have longer careers.

Knees on the ground is not even debatable. Fuck I miss that.

I would 100% be on board if the Asian promoters would make
the switch to unified rules since it would be a lot safer and fighters
would have longer careers.
Do you have any evidence to support this claim?

Back