ONE Championship ban use of soccer kicks in fights

You mean after the weight cutting incident? Or was there another one since then?

The weight cutting death. Gonna be associated with them forever unfortunately instead of just being blamed on weight cutting

Booooooooooooooooo

This organisation is generic, now.

It already looked generic, now it actually is generic.

Ive supported almost everything they've done and been to a bunch of their events but I'm strongly against this.

The weight cutting death. Gonna be associated with them forever unfortunately instead of just being blamed on weight cutting
The ban on dehydration was a fantastic move all round, in my opinion. They are truly a leader of MMA in that regard.

This really really sucks though.
They even made a big deal about"Asian rules" (a term they invented) when the organisation started...now its gone.

The ban on dehydration was a fantastic move all round, in my opinion. They are truly a leader of MMA in that regard.

This really really sucks though.
They even made a big deal about"Asian rules" (a term they invented) when the organisation started...now its gone.

You do know they still have the grounded knee's right? The far more relevant techniques plus the Matt Hume scoring system that actually works for MMA?

Global rules far ahead of what the states mandate in terms of scoring, weight cutting and since they employ and train their judges they aren't shit. The downside is that they can manipulate the scores.
The self regulation also had a positive effect in changing weigh ins super fast, downside again is that they can just screw people over since most of the time they don't have outside regulation.

I choose to take the good with the bad. If they have to cave to public pressure on soccer kicks to put on shows at least they keep grounded knee's.

You do know they still have the grounded knee's right? The far more relevant techniques plus the Matt Hume scoring system that actually works for MMA?

Global rules far ahead of what the states mandate in terms of scoring, weight cutting and since they employ and train their judges they aren't shit. The downside is that they can manipulate the scores.
The self regulation also had a positive effect in changing weigh ins super fast, downside again is that they can just screw people over since most of the time they don't have outside regulation.

I choose to take the good with the bad. If they have to cave to public pressure on soccer kicks to put on shows at least they keep grounded knee's.

I wonder what public pressure it was that made them cave though. Maybe something to do with the recent investment by Temasek holdings (=singapore government)

I wonder what public pressure it was that made them cave though. Maybe something to do with the recent investment by Temasek holdings (=singapore government)

Yeah I wonder too and I am kinda annoyed for the same reasons I am annoyed that the ABC in the US bans these techniques..... unfounded non data based reactionary banning.

Like banning rabbit punches or to the back of the head makes sense because boxers died directly from them too many times, good ban. No fighter has died from soccer kicks, bad ban.

As opposed to what? Their deep and competitive divisions?
If you're willing to watch subpar fighters and matchups simply because of a rule set, I have to wonder what you're really a fan of.

If you're willing to watch subpar fighters and matchups simply because of a rule set, I have to wonder what you're really a fan of.

Yes! For a while it was the best available, that isn't the case anymore.

Just watch rizin. Onefc is just another unified rule company.

Mmmmm
Bad decision, the unified rules aren't the more entertaining but are safer for fighters. Rizin is our last man standing with kicks on grounded fighters

Well that's just your opinion. I could easily say:
"if you can't see how rules affect the entire dynamic of a fight, then I have to wonder what you are really a fan of".

90% of em-em-ayyee 'fights' have devolved into a pseudo-sport of shit-boxing+amateur wrestling, and most athletes (keyword athletes not fighters) are more concerned with winning rounds and scoring points instead of fighting. It no longer resembles anything like free-fighting.

If you come from an athletic background, you might find this acceptable. But for those who watch this for combat, this is not interesting.

So yeah, even if the fighters are 'sub-par' like you say, it is more interesting to watch a free-fighting competition than a pseudo-fighting sport.

Well that's just your opinion. I could easily say:
"if you can't see how rules affect the entire dynamic of a fight, then I have to wonder what you are really a fan of".

90% of em-em-ayyee 'fights' have devolved into a pseudo-sport of shit-boxing+amateur wrestling, and most athletes are more concerned with winning rounds and scoring points instead of fighting. It no longer resembles anything like free-fighting.

If you come from an athletic background, you might find this acceptable. But for those who watch this for combat, this is not interesting.

So yeah, even if the fighters are 'sub-par' like you say, it is more interesting to watch a free-fighting competition than a pseudo-fighting sport.
Blah blah b lab. You're not a fight fan.you want the spectacle.

Blah blah b lab. You're not a fight fan.you want the spectacle.

That's ridicolous. You didn't even read what I wrote. No point in further discussing anything with you right?

I suppose you're not a fight fan, you just follow fighters instead of watching the fights correct?

You favor a rule seet over superior fighters and matchup. That's all I need to know.

You favor a rule seet over superior fighters and matchup. That's all I need to know.

I would prefer if those superior fighters fought with a superior ruleset.

It's not black and white. I watch the UFC as well, but I dislike that most of the cards are like what I described.

You seem to have a very simple way of thinking.

I believe that superior fights make use of whatever rules are available to them. It's not about the rules. It's about two men. The best will come out on top no matter whAt.

I believe that superior fights make use of whatever rules are available to them. It's not about the rules. It's about two men. The best will come out on top no matter whAt.

OK, I can appreciate that point of view.

I personally like to see an unrestricted fight (well as unrestricted as possible, without permanent damage) instead of a sporting competition, which the UFC has slowly become.

This would be an extreme example, but it's like watching the difference between boxing and mma. unifiied rules vs rizin rules is not as different as that, but you get my point right?

You understand my point of view now?

OK, I can appreciate that point of view.

I personally like to see an unrestricted fight (well as unrestricted as possible, without permanent damage) instead of a sporting competition, which the UFC has slowly become.

This would be an extreme example, but it's like watching the difference between boxing and mma. unifiied rules vs rizin rules is not as different as that, but you get my point right?

You understand my point of view now?
Bum fights. No restrictions.

Back