Banned
Reaction score
y561exgnzpj31.jpg

Part 1

EGQZiBOU4AUACk1

Part 2

EGQZiBPVUAAULMl

Last edited:
your big comeback show to Japan doesnt have a single Japanese fighter in the final FIVE bouts of the evening? am I reading that right?

o_O

Granting Lee a rematch before she’s even won her upcoming fight? Oh, this could be glorious. Also, lulz at continuing to make the favoritism ever so obvious.

your big comeback show to Japan doesnt have a single Japanese fighter in the final FIVE bouts of the evening? am I reading that right?

o_O
No cheap hometown pop? According to @skylolow , this is perfect.

Current Shooto champions vs current Pancrase champions might be the most exciting aspect of the card. This would never happen any other way. Hell, for years the Shooto commission and Pancrase held certain gyms hostage, signing whole gyms to exclusive contracts, basically dividing the sport in Japan and likely slowing the growth of the sport.

The Chinese girl is too ferocious and fearless to wilt to Angela.

ONE should pay Masato to come out of retirement for a one-off Super Series bout.

o_O

Well, Chatri did say more fights to be announced.

One day after RIZIN 19.
Not a wise decision.
Not Necessarily. We have no idea what Rizin will bring in October yet. If ONE starts promoting heavily, they could beat Rizin to the punch. Plus, this is on Sunday, the usual day for big fight shows in Japan. Also, likely to be a smaller arena again. That means more intimate setting, and easier to view the action.

No Japanese fighters on the card so far for a fight card in Japan and once again no heavyweight fights. What is the deal with One Championship and heavyweights?

Still seems like a waste of those title fights. Run them in Myanmar, Singapore and Philippines and you've got three sellouts. Can't imagine Japanese fans are clamoring to see any of those.

Just the gp finals and the Shooto-Pancrase bouts, plus Akiyama should have been saved for this one and another washed up dude like Belfort or Renzo would probably draw just as well.

The Shooto vs Pancrase bout winners are going to each receive $50k

Also, ONE is holding a week long event build up for this.

Very odd Angela Lee is booked for a title fight when she has a fight July 12. So I guess win or lose she gets her rematch, oh ONE.

Shooto vs Pancrase is very interesting. I'd love to know how they pulled that off. Shot in the dark, money to the orgs and overpaying the fighters. Good for the fighters though.

ONE needs to increase revenue so if they think they can get money out of Japan have at it. But Japanese culture is an odd duck just like doing business in China. You got a lot of people to draw on but it's tough to make money.

the shooto/Pancrase clashes are really tugging at my old school MMA heart strings

Very odd Angela Lee is booked for a title fight when she has a fight July 12. So I guess win or lose she gets her rematch, oh ONE.
Especially considering she's fighting Michelle Niccolini, who submitted Angela easily in a grappling match they had.

Back