Economy One Cause of Everything: The Case for Ending Subsidies for Animal Agriculture

I also wanna see Pat get off the steroids and maintain that size on his 5'7 frame with a vegan diet . If you want to sell me on veganism then cool, but I'm not buying that hes natty. He doesnt even own an elite deadlift.
i also doubt he is natty, as i do also doubt that any of his carnivorous competitors are.

i take for granted, as someone who has done steroids in the past, that virtually everyone who has hit any level is.

and ya, Pat really isnt THAT strong in a worldwide sense. i mean, he is very, very strong and %wise, stronger than nearly anyone, but the cream of the crop is clearly stronger than him.

its numbers, though. nearly everyone is eating meat.

There's also this:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323449.php

Like I realize I CAN have them and do have a little once in awhile, the problem is the carb trade off and I fucking love potatoes and rice so I tend to sadly over-eat them so I tend to avoid them altogether outside of the usual culprits of like Thanksgiving and Xmas or like if I am going out for my birthday.

EDIT:
I TRIED a vegetarian diet for about 6 months once and just couldn't do it. Granted I was a shittier cook back then but everything tasted so fucking bland to me.
You can't make changes... Without making changes. Your taste buds adapt. I was a huge red meat guy. I loved BBQ. I loved a good steak.

Your taste buds change and your preferences change. Every single meal I eat is so god damn healthy for me, so loaded full of fiber and micro nutrients now. There's probably 20/30 grams of fiber in everything I eat. My stools are so clean I swear to God I could get away with not even wiping if I wanted to :eek:

You can't make changes... Without making changes. Your taste buds adapt. I was a huge red meat guy. I loved BBQ. I loved a good steak.

Your taste buds change and your preferences change. Every single meal I eat is so god damn healthy for me, so loaded full of fiber and micro nutrients now. There's probably 20/30 grams of fiber in everything I eat. My stools are so clean I swear to God I could get away with not even wiping if I wanted to :eek:
I tried it and it straight up isn't for me.

The majority of the meat I eat now save for the fish (shit like shrimp cause, well, I live in Utah now so any ocean seafood I have to buy) either was caught/hunted by myself or the guy I live with or we got it from a friend that caught/hunted it themselves.

Yes LDL is low density and therefore increases risk of iscemic heart disease. HDL is a high density particle and it carries a lower risk of heart disease but increases in HDL still increases risk. Just less so than LDL

Yeah I said nothing about particle density. I'm talking about size/number in LDL-C vs LDL-P.

Yeah I said nothing about particle density. I'm talking about size/number in LDL-C vs LDL-P.
HDL has a smaller particle size and LDL a larger particle size, correct?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/08/180825081724.htm
European Society of Cardiology
Study author Dr Marc Allard-Ratick, of Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, US, said: "It may be time to change the way we view HDL cholesterol. Traditionally, physicians have told their patients that the higher your 'good' cholesterol, the better. However, the results from this study and others suggest that this may no longer be the case."

During a median follow-up of four years, 769 (13%) participants had a heart attack or died from a cardiovascular cause. Participants with HDL cholesterol 41-60 mg/dl (1.1-1.5 mmol/L) had the lowest risk of heart attack or cardiovascular death. Risk was increased both in participants with low levels (less than 41 mg/dl) and very high levels (greater than 60 mg/dl) of HDL cholesterol, which produced a U-shaped curve when plotted graphically.

Participants with HDL cholesterol levels greater than 60 mg/dl (1.5 mmol/L) had a nearly 50% increased risk of dying from a cardiovascular cause or having a heart attack compared to those with HDL cholesterol levels 41-60 mg/dl (1.1-1.5 mmol/L).

All forms of cholesterol and blood lipids should be lowered as much as possible while still staying in healthy ranges.

You've just been making huge blanket statements about HDL vs LDL without addressing the impact of LDL-C vs LDL-P ratio.
Because it doesn't matter. These are the types of figures that science denying keto "doctors" like Eric Berg like to focus on. Look at the 2017 meta analysis referenced in the op. All that matters is the absolute magnitude of vascular exposure to LDL C. There is a direct liner relationship between heart disease and vascular exposure to LDL C.

If you have a "good ratio" of C to P but you still have high LDL C, that ratio means absolutely nothing. Lower fat/lipids in your blood to reduce your risk of heart disease, period. Total cholesterol scores below 150 have almost no chance of developing heart disease, period.

Last edited:
I like my meat, so fuck limp wristed vegans.

Feed your kids a vegan diet and they don´t develop properly.

I like my meat, so fuck limp wristed vegans.

Feed your kids a vegan diet and they don´t develop properly.
100% guarantee I would fuck you up.

Oh... also...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864
It is the position of the American Dietetic Association that appropriately planned vegetarian diets, including total vegetarian or vegan diets, are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. Well-planned vegetarian diets are appropriate for individuals during all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, and adolescence, and for athletes

Hmmm... let's see.... opinion of the largest body of nutrition experts in the world....opinion of random sherdog nobody spouting ignorant fact-free retardation....hmmmm....who should I side with.....hmmm...this one is really tough

Detasseling season is upon us, so at the moment I don't have the time to read your full paper and give it a deeper consideration. I'll give it a read the next time I'm in front of my PC and/or tablet.

One thing that you posted that did stand out to me, and may be a good point of entry for discussion:

At the same time, cutting our meat consumption to meet the UN's recommendations would cut the costs of meeting our Paris Climate Accord emissions targets by almost HALF?

The United States is no longer party to the Paris Climate Accord. Other than one's personal desire, there is no need to measure targeted emissions in accordance with the Paris Climate Accord.

Knowing this fact, what do you believe is the value of your statement?

Detasseling season is upon us, so at the moment I don't have the time to read your full paper and give it a deeper consideration. I'll give it a read the next time I'm in front of my PC and/or tablet.

One thing that you posted that did stand out to me, and may be a good point of entry for discussion:

The United States is no longer party to the Paris Climate Accord. Other than one's personal desire, there is no need to measure targeted emissions in accordance with the Paris Climate Accord.

Knowing this fact, what do you believe is the value of your statement?
If you think the US is going to continue down Trump's anti-climate agenda long term, you're just wrong. And the cost estimates associated with meeting the Paris climate agreement was just used as a placeholder for "it will cut the costs of dramatically overhauling the economy by almost 50%".

An 8,000 calorie diet is moreso in the territory of a strong man diet, not a diet for bodybuilding or athletic performance.

Check out the vegan strongman Patrick babouhmian. He set the world record for the yoke walk. Idk what his diet is like but I'm sure it's in the territory of what you're asking for.

Beans and lentils are really high in protein. Any performance centered plant based diet is going to be high in legumes. Tempeh, tofu, lentils, textured vegetable protein. All high protein.
yeah that guy doesn't actually own a single world record

except for the fact... that... he does?

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...a_record_perhaps_at_vegetarian_food_fest.html
The 34-year-old, who already holds world records for log lifts and overhead beer keg lifts, carried a yoke loaded with just over 550 kilograms 10 metres across a stage at the Harbourfront Centre on Sunday afternoon — at Toronto’s Vegetarian Food Festival.

YIKES

Maybe you're unaware but just because some strongman organization in someone's backyard lists it as a world record does not make it so

This is actually interesting to me how vegans latch onto to this guy. It's like when white people latch onto the "great white hope" in heavyweight boxing

Yikes indeed

Maybe you're unaware but just because some strongman organization in someone's backyard lists it as a world record does not make it so

This is actually interesting to me how vegans latch onto to this guy. It's like when white people latch onto the "great white hope" in heavyweight boxing

Yikes indeed

Lol literally repeating a sentence you heard on Joe Rogan word for word. Hilarious. Yes lived crowds with thousands in attendance is someone's back yard.

Lol literally repeating a sentence you heard on Joe Rogan word for word. Hilarious. Yes lived crowds with thousands in attendance is someone's back yard.
So...do you concede his yoke walk is not the heaviest in the world?

Damn, if you got this as wrong as you did, I really wonder how poorly researched everything else is.

Last edited:
100% guarantee I would fuck you up.

Oh... also...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864

Hmmm... let's see.... opinion of the largest body of nutrition experts in the world....opinion of random sherdog nobody spouting ignorant fact-free retardation....hmmmm....who should I side with.....hmmm...this one is really tough
I can easily post many studies where doctors have looked at vegan diets for developing kids and the health risks involved.
But arguing with vegans is like arguing with religious zealots. Completely pointless.
I do plenty of other things to reduce my carbon foot print. It's probably smaller than yours.

I can easily post many studies where doctors have looked at vegan diets for developing kids and the health risks involved.
But arguing with vegans is like arguing with religious zealots. Completely pointless.
I do plenty of other things to reduce my carbon foot print. It's probably smaller than yours.
Post the study then. Do it.

Oh, and dude, it's mathematically impossible for your footprint to be smaller than mine if you regularly consume animals products.

Back