Economy One Cause of Everything: The Case for Ending Subsidies for Animal Agriculture

Vegan body builders aren't consuming a huge amount of calories from veggies lol. Veggies are very low in calories. They eat calorically dense plant foods like starchy root vegetables, grains and legumes.
Eating a ton of starches and being a vegan body builder sounds like a great way to get a six pack but also have diabetes.

One of the best quarterbacks of all time is a horrible athlete? Why? Makes no sense.
Have you ever watched Brady run or do anything other than throw? Dude is still awkward as hell looking.

You can be a really meh athlete and still be a HoF level QB (Dan Marino comes to mind)

We've discussed the fact that livestock are not only supplemented with B12 among other vitamins and nutrients, but, they can and often are affected by nutritional deficiency in quite a few threads on here.
Well whatever , plants dont produce it at all , supplements of b12 wont be as effective as eating it naturally. I also have access to grass fed meat which is raised on a farm locally and is not injected with crap. Studies show that animal proteins and fats are crucial to maintaining our hormones. If you want to be vegan for animal rights n such great. I just find it laughable that people think killing our meat industry will reduce or reverse climate change.

I weight around 245 and I couldn't maintain my size or level of strength on a vegan diet. The majority of people cant even afford to eat vegan. There has never been a completely vegan society. You aren't gonna easily replace the nutrients that eating eggs, fish and steak provides. If I went vegan, I would drop 60 pounds and look like shit.
amazing that you already know without even trying.
my own lifts went up and i weigh five pounds more now than five years ago when i went vegan. i changed over at 38 yrs old after twenty years of lifting, while pounding chicken breast, tuna and whey protein, etc.
it also isnt more expensive. you can eat cheap or expensive either way, tbh. meat can be the most expensive thing, or you can get the shit end of the spectrum. you can also get fancy, low supply vegan items, or you can eat lentils and beans (or a billion other things). lentils are half protein, and high in iron... cheaper than borscht..... which is also cheap, lol.

im looking forward to the release of Gamechangers in September. its a movie about athletes and plant-based diets.

this is the big sticking point for athletic males, as it was for me.

i watched Earthlings 6 years ago, and spent a year not being vegan before i switched, because i had been indoctrinated from a young age to believe i absolutely NEEDED animal products to not grow tits, lose energy, get boners, keep anything resembling muscle.... all the same stuff i hear from athletes now.

i couldnt do the factory farm thing ever again, but i fished, and i got hunted meat, and i made excuses to get grassfed whey, milk and sometimes beef. i still ate fish, but tried hard for ‘wild caught’ choices.

it wasnt until i listened to Georges Laraque and Patrick Baboumian a year later that I felt there was even really a chance of keeping any strength without animal products.

its incredibly tough to get over rules and beliefs that have been unquestionable since you started working out.

Then, you get on the other side, feel it, and the whole thing seems funny. you notice the Tennessee Titans defensive team going mostly vegan for the last two years, and start seeing the early deaths of so many big athletes you loved in the 80s (although i think steroids play a larger part in this than meat does), and you realize that all the big, fat rednecks at work die soon after retiring. perspective lines up with the studies ive read....... one thing that really makes me laugh is how long Asians live. The rebuttal being that it isnt their diet, they are different than us..... then we will take studies done on monkeys and rats at face value.

there is enough info out there to paint your own picture that reflects what you want to see in the first place.

at the end of the day, and this goes for me long before i went vegan, i try it out on my own laboratory to get my own results.

I find it suspect , I dont see very many vegan body builders. There would also be a radical change in my diet, there arent any people who have done this long term. If it works for you great , but I doubt I'll be eating 4000 plus calories of vegan food. I also dont have the time to prepare that type of food.

I also wanna see Pat get off the steroids and maintain that size on his 5'7 frame with a vegan diet . If you want to sell me on veganism then cool, but I'm not buying that hes natty. He doesnt even own an elite deadlift.

I also wanna see Pat get off the steroids and maintain that size on his 5'7 frame with a vegan diet . If you want to sell me on veganism then cool, but I'm not buying that hes natty. He doesnt even own an elite deadlift.
so now he needs to be the only strong man in the world without using steroids and vegan for it to be a valid example for you?

Well whatever , plants dont produce it at all , supplements of b12 wont be as effective as eating it naturally. I also have access to grass fed meat which is raised on a farm locally and is not injected with crap. Studies show that animal proteins and fats are crucial to maintaining our hormones. If you want to be vegan for animal rights n such great. I just find it laughable that people think killing our meat industry will reduce or reverse climate change.
It's like you didn't read a single fucking thing in the op man.

Yes killing the meat industry would slow and reverse climate change there is an overwhelming amount of evidence to support that conclusion.

God damn man. What the fuck??? The United Nations and all of the climate scientists are lying ?

Pat is obviously on PEDs, I'm sorry but I doubt the average person would get his results on a vegan diet. Let's gloss over the fact that being a vegan juice head doesnt allow you to cheat at certain things. I'm getting annoyed in this thread already, you want to chide me but also neglect the fact hes on roids but then use him as an example that vegans can be big and powerful to ......lol

Pat is obviously on PEDs, I'm sorry but I doubt the average person would get his results on a vegan diet. Let's gloss over the fact that being a vegan juice head doesnt allow you to cheat at certain things. I'm getting annoyed in this thread already, you want to chide me but also neglect the fact hes on roids but then use him as an example that vegans can be big and powerful to ......lol
Literally nothing is a good enough example for you and you keep moving the goal post over and over again.

You have to use gear to be a strong man. Why are you holding Patrick to a higher standard than everyone else? Why is Robert Oberst on gear? The meat isn't good enough? Why is Brian shaw on gear? The meat isn't good enough? Why can't they be world class strongmen without steroids? That's it I'm convinced meat is inferior.
Like seriously, this is your line of reasoning.

Lol at trusting the United nations. If I wanted to slow consumption and reduce population. I would make up crisis like global warming and tell people that being omnivores is incorrect even thou that's what WE EVOVLED to do and peddle BS studies because some scientists say so. All the while there has NEVER been a completely vegan society according anthropologists.

What about particle size? From what I understand that makes a huge difference. Also new evidence shows that LDL cholesterol swings wildly through the day.

Yes LDL is low density and therefore increases risk of iscemic heart disease. HDL is a high density particle and it carries a lower risk of heart disease but increases in HDL still increases risk. Just less so than LDL

Resistant starch is literally what feeds your healthy gut Flora

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/resistant-starch-101

If you're avoiding starches your gut is likely an absolute nightmare.
There's also this:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323449.php

Like I realize I CAN have them and do have a little once in awhile, the problem is the carb trade off and I fucking love potatoes and rice so I tend to sadly over-eat them so I tend to avoid them altogether outside of the usual culprits of like Thanksgiving and Xmas or like if I am going out for my birthday.

EDIT:
I TRIED a vegetarian diet for about 6 months once and just couldn't do it. Granted I was a shittier cook back then but everything tasted so fucking bland to me.

There's also this:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323449.php

Like I realize I CAN have them and do have a little once in awhile, the problem is the carb trade off and I fucking love potatoes and rice so I tend to sadly over-eat them so I tend to avoid them altogether outside of the usual culprits of like Thanksgiving and Xmas or like if I am going out for my birthday.
You should be eating them as close to their whole plant form as possible. Mashed potatoes with the skins. Whole baked potatoes. Brown rice over white. Dietary fiber curbs blood sugar spikes.

Obviously french fries aren't good for someone. But yeah your good gut Flora live off resistant starch... You should definitely be eating it

You should be eating as close to their whole plant form as possible.
If I have potatoes they've usually been heated up in like a microwave so a baked one with a small amount of butter and probably more than needed lemon pepper OR, they've been boiled then crisped slightly in a pan with olive oil.

But I've taken to TRYING to replace them with like mashed cauliflower or the rice with either Basmati if I REALLY want rice or the cauliflower version.

Like this is my damn lunch today:
.5 orange bell pepper diced
1 roma tomato diced
.5 a diced cucumber
3 ounces of shrimp

Lemon juice, cilantro and salt/pepper. Yeah, it's a real cobbled together with no onions ceviche.

Back