One arm db bench?

spiderguardman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I will start doing some db benching again next week, but ive been thinking of doing the one arm variation since it works some rotation aswell,

Who likes this variaiton and will it be as useful as normal db bench for RE work?

do you understand the purpose of RE work?

I no longer do any DB bench work except 1 handed. It rapes my core and the movement feels much more fluid and controlled to me.

do you understand the purpose of RE work?

Can it only have one purpose?

I have been doing my pressing assistance so i do 3x5 @ 60-70% of presses after my benching and vice versa,

Now i

I have a book I've read on this exercise the one arm DB bench press. It states it had obvious carryover to a standard flat bench press. You are using the same muscles to push that DB up as if it were one side of a barbell. I think it's an awesome accessory exercise for strengthening the stabilizers quicker and building a more sturdy core. 10/10 in my books.

No idea but its something that works well for stabilization. Not sure what you're trying to get out of it but it definitely can't hurt. What do you mean for RE work though?

I love the single DB press but I use a lower weight than I would with a standard DB press. It really engages the core and any exercise that hits numerous muscles at once is aces in my book

True but the original poster stopped responding to the thread so I don't know if he cares or not at this point.

Back