ONE: A New Tomorrow Jitmuangnon vs Haggerty 2 (+Sangmanee, Liam Harrison & Muangthai)

Holy shit

Rodteng is must see tv. That was brutal

But now i am not so sure.
If Rodtang is as explosive as he was today i think he'd win, but as people have been pointing out with 8oz gloves it might be different. Should be a pretty close fight.

Bruh wtf are going to ONE going to book Superlek a fight, I need him vs Rodtang!

I was nervous thinking Haggerty could score a counter rear hand/elbow over that liver hook but yes Jitmuangnon camp probably knows what they’re doing. Sam-A hurt him pretty good with body punches as well.

this could be a great learning experience for Haggerty and he keeps improving or it could shatter his confidence and turn him into a journeyman. it must be tough to get outclassed like that after supposedly proving yourself against two high level thais then spend two weeks shitting blood.

How do you mean?
If it was stadium scoring i'd say Muangthai won pretty clearly based on the accumulation of kicks.

One scores each with a 10-point system. I thought Brice Delval won the first round, second round i thought Brice Delval edged and third round Muangthai definitely won. That'd make it 29-28. Well Brice landed a bit more in the 2nd round but Muangthai seemed unfazed, i don't know how One scores that, it's confusing. Maybe you have more insights?

I think Thailand is the only place where clean punches to the face that don't have a huge effect are basically ignored. Everywhere else that's a score.

If it was stadium scoring i'd say Muangthai won pretty clearly based on the accumulation of kicks.

One scores each with a 10-point system. I thought Brice Delval won the first round, second round i thought Brice Delval edged and third round Muangthai definitely won. That'd make it 29-28. Well Brice landed a bit more in the 2nd round but Muangthai seemed unfazed, i don't know how One scores that, it's confusing. Maybe you have more insights?
I hope to God he knows how One scores stuff considering he was a judge for the main event title fight

I hope to God he knows how One scores stuff considering he was a judge for the main event title fight
Haha i suspected that. I'm curious about One's instructions to judges about the scoring since Chatri seems to change his mind quite a bit. I have yet to find any info about how the rounds are scored.

Rodtang’s got some pretty mean hands. Looked like Haggerty got shaken down for his lunch money.

Ah o.k It should actually be pretty close to stadiums if you take away all the gambling influence and in theory stadium fights are also a ten point must score, highest scoring is to inflict damage and hurt opponent, so like in stadiums who is having the most effect. Muangthai looked like he was doing that in 2nd and 3rd Brice also almost running away for most of 2nd and a lot of third as well

Sorry can’t confirm that :p

That’s better then!

I actually can’t recall having a big problem with a decision from ONE recently; what was beyond reason was the Petrosyan-Petmorakot fiasco

That’s better then!

I actually can’t recall having a big problem with a decision from ONE recently; what was beyond reason was the Petrosyan-Petmorakot fiasco

What I'm wondering is was this fiscao worth it in the end? Did giving 1 million dollars to Petrosyan rather than someone else help with their marketing?

He was done after the elbows. Why are there no good refs outside of Thailand?
I'd assume Japan has good refs based on the frequency of fights going on there. What do you guys think?

He was done after the elbows. Why are there no good refs outside of Thailand?

Elias Dolaptsis is by far the worst referee in ONE he makes things like that at every event, gives warning to the wrong fighters, screams on them to get up like crazy even when the'yre already doing it. Awful ref.

Back