ONE: A New Tomorrow Jitmuangnon vs Haggerty 2 (+Sangmanee, Liam Harrison & Muangthai)

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by Kanka, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Kanka Black Belt

Should be a fun card.

2. Kanka Black Belt

This shit starts in 40 min

3. Yagadot Purple Belt

4. badboyz08 .....Broken English..... .....But 100% Thai.....

prop to Yamada one tough dude *3*

5. UWanaPlayDaGame Purple Belt

Yeah I expected him to fold in half within 30 seconds of the 3rd round

6. Loriquero Green Belt

Rodtang vs Haggerty starting in 5 minutes or so.

7. badboyz08 .....Broken English..... .....But 100% Thai.....

wow look like we got peak rodtang today. *0*

8. camygod Orange Belt

Rodtang a little tank

9. bunt A Goats eye is the GOAT eye

Rodtang is a damn machine and difficult if not impossible to keep off you. Haggerty too willing to get involved in a brawl when he doesn't have the power to keep him off.

Haggerty corner should have been telling him how to counter than Rodtangs left hook to the liver and he was landing it will no regard for anything coming back. A nice inside leg kick could have done the job. Good fight.

10. Loriquero Green Belt

Gods of fighting; would be possible to have Rodtang vs Takeru? It would bring world happiness.

11. camygod Orange Belt

rodtang just showing that all thais cant box for shit:rolleyes:

12. Drugstore Cowboy

The Iron Man, indeed.

I hope we'll see the rematch with Tenshin later this year.

13. Kanka Black Belt

I'm a fan of Rodtang, his fights are fun to watch but all this shows is that Haggerty is not yet an A-class fighter. He is fast and talented for sure but needs more experience against below elite level thais. He has been badly hurt in all of his three latest fights. I was hoping that Haggerty would challenge Rodtang more to be honest but it was all one-sided.

The real fight is Rodtang vs Yodlekpetch (i think in february) and Rodtang vs Superlek. Rodtang isn't one of the most accomplished thai fighters yet, if he beats Superlek and Yodlekpetch he will be one of the best for sure.

These guys outboxed Rodtang quite easily

Rungkit:

Kaimukkao:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_vYcszM1Hk

14. The real question is would these fights go a different way today under onefc with mma gloves. The stadiums are different and you know this already. Maybe you're right but comparing stadium fights to Onefc for me is not enough of an argument because of all the different factors. As crazy as this may sound I think Haggerty could beat Sangmanee in Onefc.

15. Kanka Black Belt

Sam-A was smaller than Haggerty and almost finished him in round 3 or 4 IIRC. Sangmanee is would probably have like 7 pounds on Haggerty. So you're saying a Sangmanee that just outclassed Chujaroen, Tawanchai, Yodlekpet, Yodpanomrung and Aziz Hlali would get beaten by Haggerty... you must be diluded or trolling.

16. Yodsanan K'FESTA.1

Muangthai that beat Panpayak, Yodlekpet, Petpanomrung, Thanonchai,... would lose to a ton of fighters under ONE ruleset.

17. I admit I forgot about the weight advantage but if they were the same weight I would side with Sangmanee in the stadiums and Haggerty in Onefc.

Me saying that I think Haggerty COULD beat Sangmanee (which maybe wrong about) shouldn't be considered deluded or trolling. Is that really that much of a crazy statement.

If I had claimed that Alaverdi Ramazanov would of beaten Phetmorakot before their fight back in October 2018 would I have been called deluded? I think many people still underestimate the difference between stadium muaythai and promotions like Onefc.

18. Kanka Black Belt

Yes, but not to someone that is 7 lbs lighter. He said current Sangmanee who is looking at the best shape of his life would lose to a smaller guy. I actually think Muangthai should have lost today with a 10-points system. I was kinda expecting him before the fight to be honest. But i wouldn't go as far as saying 2016 Muangthai would lose to a 7 lbs lighter guy while being in his prime!

19. Kanka Black Belt

Probably because nobody knew who Alaverdi was. I've seen his fights and he is really good, he doesn't get hurt and struggle against each good fighter he faces.

20. Mickf Orange Belt

Some good fights. One does a good job of promoting fighters and their story. Always good to see a pinto brother loose. The setup and head kick knockdown by adam noi was nice.
    I think rodtangs camp did their homework on haggerty. Saw he can be hurt to the body. Cutting all that weight probably doesn't help.
    Can't wait to see rodtang v yodlekphet. I was favouring yod cos he is a bit bigger. But now i am not so sure.