Elections Once again republicans block cap on insulin prices

Oddmonster

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
"Washington — Senate Republicans on Sunday blocked a $35 monthly cap on the cost of insulin in the private market from being included in Democrats' economic tax and spending package, voting down an amendment to the measure during a marathon session leading up to what Democrats hope will be final passage of the bill."
-https://www.cbsnews.com/news/insulin-price-cap-35-senate-vote-republicans-block-inflation-reduction-act/

No pork, no nothing - republicans just did not want a cap on insulin prices - that is the specific thing they voted on.

"Washington — Senate Republicans on Sunday blocked a $35 monthly cap on the cost of insulin in the private market from being included in Democrats' economic tax and spending package, voting down an amendment to the measure during a marathon session leading up to what Democrats hope will be final passage of the bill."
-https://www.cbsnews.com/news/insulin-price-cap-35-senate-vote-republicans-block-inflation-reduction-act/

No pork, no nothing - republicans just did not want a cap on insulin prices - that is the specific thing they voted on.
I hate Republicans. I hate Democrats. Do you think we will ever find a fair side for the majority of people?

I hate Republicans. I hate Democrats. Do you think we will ever find a fair side for the majority of people?

nope

but hey, these are for the people allegeldy.

All amendments in the bill were blocked. By both sides of the isle to ensure passage…keep up!

The 10 highest states with diabetics are represented by 19 GOP senators. Out of the 19, three voted for capping insulin. Imagine fucking your constituents in favor of your Big Pharma donors. We the people my ass, imagine worshipping politicians who will screw you over for their donors every time. Stay mad and divided because the America Oligarchs want you that way.

Well they already hate helping the poor, poc, lgbt, non-Christians, women, illegals, the military etc. they might as well shit on diabetics too. We should only want to help the rich and corporations and maybe Israel.

Absolute insanity

FZkp-AkXoAAaT9a

Like most sherdoggers, I think the answer is more caps but more bottoms. With a reasonable bottom put in, more final new would be willing to make whatever pharmaceutical there is. Which would create an incentive to make them as they aren’t worried about Indian and Chinese undercutting them.
War sherdog Bottoms

Absolute insanity

FZkp-AkXoAAaT9a
I don’t remember how the prices got this bad or who owns what patent with it. I do remember though that it was developed like 100 years ago by a Canadian doctor who sold the patent for one dollar because he thought it should be cheap for anyone who needed it. Boy I bet he feels stupid now.

All amendments in the bill were blocked. By both sides of the isle to ensure passage…keep up!

The senate is weird so I might have this wrong but I think what happened was:
-The original bill had the $35 cap in it
-When going through the reconciliation process (voting on a bill with only a majority needed to pass), all the provisions in the bill need to relate to the budget and/or debt. The Senate parliamentarian decides what provisions would or wouldn’t meet that criteria after hearing each parties argument about it
-The senate parliamentarian agreed with republicans challenge that the $35 cap wasn’t able to be in the reconciliation.
-The reconciliation bill now moves to the floor without the $35 cap
-We now enter the “vote-a-rama” stage where any senator can propose amendments to the reconciliation bill. However, in order to get in the bill, it needs to get 60 votes instead of 50.
-Many amendments were put up, some from republicans trying to remove audit funding or oil industry taxes. One from Bernie sanders essentially trying to bring in provisions that were in the original build back better bill negotiations last year. Ultimately, they all failed because democrats agreed that they wouldn’t vote yes on any of the amendments as it could risk any of the 50 votes defecting on the final vote to pass it
-Since the insulin cap was originally attempted to be in the bill, Schumer did a last attempt to still get it in with the 60 votes. They knew there was some bipartisan support with it because Susan Collins even had a cosponsored bill released a month or so ago with a senate democrat for a cap.
-The vote narrowly failed, something like 57-43 maybe.
-The reconciliation bill ultimately passes with no amendments in it.

So yea, all the amendments failed but that specific one had different context to it and probably was the only one that surpassed 50 yes votes (I didn’t confirm but it would make sense from what the plan was).

Edit- to adjust the last paragraph, the sanders one was everyone (cause democrats agreed no and all but insulin and GOP just didn’t like his amendments), the GOP ones were probably 50-50 (Dems agreed to vote no on unison, GOP wanted those amendments in), and that insulin one was the closest to succeeding (Dems and some GOP wanting the measure and it being in the original deal Schumer and Manchin agreed to)

Last edited:
Like most sherdoggers, I think the answer is more caps but more bottoms. With a reasonable bottom put in, more final new would be willing to make whatever pharmaceutical there is. Which would create an incentive to make them as they aren’t worried about Indian and Chinese undercutting them.
War sherdog Bottoms
Wow you have gotten worst with time and now you’re just making shit up. Lol what a goof.

D
"Washington — Senate Repugnant Cons on Sunday blocked a $35 monthly cap on the cost of insulin in the private market from being included in Democrats' economic tax and spending package, voting down an amendment to the measure during a marathon session leading up to what Democrats hope will be final passage of the bill."

Fixed it.

Our politicians are absolute scum, all bought and paid for traitors to the nation. We do not have a Republic or any form of democracy.

Wow you have gotten worst with time and now you’re just making shit up. Lol what a goof.
Glad you’re almost comprehensible now. Good going
Also you really don’t even understand what a pricing bottom or a floor is. Because you’re are just that dumb

Our politicians are absolute scum, all bought and paid for traitors to the nation. We do not have a Republic or any form of democracy.
They are. Until lobbying is outlawed no real change can be made to happen

Back