On what date will Trump conceed? Place your bets.

Never...I'm worried what crazy stuff he'll do the next three months.

The legislature dictates everything. It's right in the Constitution (Art. I, § 4, cl. 1).

^ Mark Levin got censored by Facebook and Twitter for quoting this.

This isn't really over. A recount and legal challenges are underway. The media is propagating that it is over because they want riots if Trump's legal team can put enough evidence together to get the Supreme Court to rule the legislatures vote (claiming Trump is stealing the election).

The question is, what can the Trump legal team prove and what is the standard for the Supreme court to legitimize sending the decision to the state legislatures?

https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/article-1/section-4/

That clause refers to House Representatives and Senate representatives not the Electoral votes. The Electoral Count Act:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elect...or,Congress following a presidential election.

"if there shall have been any final determination in a State in the manner provided for by law of a controversy or contest concerning the appointment of all or any of the electors of such State, it shall be the duty of the governor [etc.]

In 2000, Jeb Bush was able to sign off on the Electorals to give W the election.

What date is Biden's inauguration? Because I'll take the day before that;)

The legislature dictates everything. It's right in the Constitution (Art. I, § 4, cl. 1).

^ Mark Levin got censored by Facebook and Twitter for quoting this.

This isn't really over. A recount and legal challenges are underway. The media is propagating that it is over because they want riots if Trump's legal team can put enough evidence together to get the Supreme Court to rule the legislatures vote (claiming Trump is stealing the election).

The question is, what can the Trump legal team prove and what is the standard for the Supreme court to legitimize sending the decision to the state legislatures?

https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/article-1/section-4/
The reason they censored him is because it’s false. He’s completely wrong. Legislatures have no constitutional mechanism to simply hold a vote and decide to install a different set of electors than the one that the law prescribes.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/legislatures-override-electors/
“Any state’s legislature could, theoretically, pass a law setting out a new method for designating presidential electors other than popular vote. However, they would have enact such a law prior to Election Day; they could not retroactively change, or just disregard, their current laws to defy the will of voters. State election laws and regulations must be established and in place prior to Election Day — they cannot be improvised or instituted on an ad hoc basis after the fact.”

They will drag him out of the White House live on television and his babies will reee like they're gonna do something but they won't.
Sack over his head, they throw him in the back of a cargo truck. Would be sick.

I don't think he'll ever concede the argument (because it will be integral to a re-run/his son's run at the office). But he will acknowledge his loss in some other way, possibly by just going home (or the golf courts).

The words "I lost" will never come out of that guy's mouth. Not that it should matter. It's purely a ceremonial gesture anyway, plenty of candidates refused to acknowledge a honest loss, see Hillary Clinton in 2016. She's still going on about the Russians to this day.

No he did not. It was the Florida Supreme court, and the United States Supreme court that made the key decisions in that case. Even Al Gore acknowledged then that the governor is not the "final authority" in this type of matter. The excerpt I quoted from the Constitution very clearly is referencing state legislatures. I believe the U.S. legislature would only be tasked with making the deciding vote if neither candidate earned enough votes in the electoral college to outright win.

In split-controlled states like Pennsylvania which has a Democratic governor and GOP-run legislature, there’s a possibility of “dueling electors”. Both sets of electors would meet and vote on Dec. 14 and the competing results would be sent to Congress. It would now depend on which Electorals Congress chooses.

Never. I believe it’s likely he’ll leave after Biden’s inauguration but I think he continues to say it was rigged and he really won.
lol yeah, he'll never concede.

I was reading today that GWB called an congratulated Biden and said that he was a good man.. even called Kamala to congratulate her. Bush went on to talk about how the election was legit and fair.

Just shows you, even if you hated Bush as POTUS.. he actually has class and respect compared to Trump.

Trump will go to his grave saying the election was stolen.

They do have a mechanism. It's the Supreme Court of the United States.

Even if he had been wrong though, that would not be a justification for censoring him.
The SCOTUS? No chance. Under no circumstances will they make any ruling which results in awarding electoral votes to a candidate that is at odds with what the state in question decided. To do otherwise creates a constitutional mess. Look at the 2000 election: all they did was end a recount and defer to the original winner that the state had selected, which was Bush. And that’s all that will happen here. Trump and his supporters would do well to take advice from the great Antonin Scalia, and “get over it.”

lol yeah, he'll never concede.

I was reading today that GWB called an congratulated Biden and said that he was a good man.. even called Kamala to congratulate her. Bush went on to talk about how the election was legit and fair.

Just shows you, even if you hated Bush as POTUS.. he actually has class and respect compared to Trump.
Lol Trump actually made me miss the fucker.

PXOONTr.jpg

What’s this a picture of?

Back