On this day we should remember Houston Alexander's ufc career

I always liked him. Like Robbie Lawler/RDA w/o gas tank or skills but whatever he liked to fight and brought it. A lot of UFC don't like to fight.

Think about how insane MMA is.

Houston was nothing special, a guy most real fighters walk through. Yet he mopped the floor with Keith Jardine in embarrassing fashion

Jardine also made Chuck Liddell look bad when they fought and got the win.

Chuck Liddell, a legend in the sport, a guy who's career was just beating big name opponents would never be beaten by Houston at any point in his career. even when he was way out of his prime.

MMA is the craziest thing ever. It legit makes no sense.

haha, I'm sure you're right, I'm not even sure which fight it was from.

It was against Sakara. The win showed that the Jardine's KO wasn't just a lucky win but that Houston had real ko power. Too bad the rest of his UFC career was that mediocre.

I was pumped when he knocked Jardine out and from what I remember he won his next one or two by KOs n thinking this guy's for real

I remember back then Dana said he would get stalked by Houston. He would hide in bushes just so he could jump out and approach Dana about getting into the UFC.

He was fun to watch.

Hey it lasted longer than the machida era lol

No joke, the ko of Jardine is still to this day one of the best ones ever.

Yeah, and Jardine did not think he should have to fight him. Funny shit.

Hey Houston!

View attachment 130043

The mere fact that he got stiffened by Irwin is shameful enough. Kimbo (all due respect to him) didn't belong in the UFC. Houston came into the fight in terrible shape and losing that fight warrants ridicule.
Irvin was a knockout artist and I believe Houston didn't want to be that dude to knocked out by kimbo in the ufc

I'm guessing he's talking about Jardine and Sakara, which I'd say was a very solid win, but other than those you could maybe include the Soko win from later in his career, although from what I remember Houston used quite a few head butts in that one.

Damn seeing the Jardine ko gif and that Sandman post ko gif have got me feeling all nostalgic lol maybe it's just because I was younger but I used to be so much more excited about the UFC.
I was pissed about the sokoudjou fight. I thought sokoudjou had Houston out but the ref stunk In that fight. Also, that era of ufc was the shit. Watching guys like Houston and terry Martin scrap was entertaining.

houston was the fuckin man. he light lifted jardine off the matt with that punch. I also feel like i remember him almost picking somebody up by the throat. dude was hella powerful and always brought excitement. until the kimbo fight which was the weirdest thing ive ever seen

Hey Houston!

View attachment 130043

The mere fact that he got stiffened by Irwin is shameful enough. Kimbo (all due respect to him) didn't belong in the UFC. Houston came into the fight in terrible shape and losing that fight warrants ridicule.
That fight definitely deserves ridicule in regards to both parties lack of cardio and inability to perform their job. I'm just saying that a LHW losing to a HW with an identical skillset is not reason enough to criticize, so it's unwarranted to reference him losing to Kimbo.

If you had said that he put on a shit performance due to his cardio in the Kimbo fight and left it at that, i would agree.

Losing to Kimbo is not reason enough to bash though. Likewise for Irvin. A power striker with no other game getting KO'd by another power striker with no other game isn't shameful. Irvin was crafty as fuck when he was on.

Last edited:
Hey Houston!

View attachment 130043

Posts like this make no sense whatsoever. Irvin isn't a former champ, and neither is Alexander. Ok. That doesn't make either of them scrubs, as you're clearly implying. Irvin also owns two of the coolest walk off knockouts in UFC history.

houston was the fuckin man. he light lifted jardine off the matt with that punch. I also feel like i remember him almost picking somebody up by the throat. dude was hella powerful and always brought excitement. until the kimbo fight which was the weirdest thing ive ever seen
Yes, he choke slammed several people, iirc.

Posts like this make no sense whatsoever. Irvin isn't a former champ, and neither is Alexander. Ok. That doesn't make either of them scrubs, as you're clearly implying. Irvin also owns two of the coolest walk off knockouts in UFC history.
It makes complete sense. TS was saying Houston deserves respect and more adulation. I'm saying he was average at best. If he deserves adulation then you might as well call every fighter that has fought in the UFC a legend. They deserve respect for getting in there and fighting but Houston...no good.

It makes complete sense. TS was saying Houston deserves respect and more adulation. I'm saying he was average at best. If he deserves adulation then you might as well call every fighter that has fought in the UFC a legend. They deserve respect for getting in there and fighting but Houston...no good.
Not saying that he was a legend. But he was a draw for ratings back then

That fight definitely deserves ridicule in regards to both parties lack of cardio and inability to perform their job. I'm just saying that a LHW losing to a HW with an identical skillset is not reason enough to criticize, so it's unwarranted to reference him losing to Kimbo.

If you had said that he put on a shit performance due to his cardio in the Kimbo fight and left it at that, i would agree.

Losing to Kimbo is not reason enough to bash though. Likewise for Irvin. A power striker with no other game getting KO'd by another power striker with no other game isn't shameful. Irvin was crafty as fuck when he was on.
I believe h didn't want to be a ko reel for kimbo so he fought safe

Back