On This Day, Oct 25th, 1990....

elanimalsantana

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Evander Holyfield KO's James "Buster" Douglas in the 3rd round to win the Undisputed HWT Championship (and I was there)

44719520_2320795244616384_3062739473675583488_n.jpg

What do you remember of it?
That Douglas was way out of shape and could never get anything going, at one point he stretched his arms out and let out a scream as if trying to psych himself into doing something. I remember it was pretty cold in the outdoor arena (The Mirage I think) the punch that put him down and out was a single right hand that looked good, but not THAT good. As he was on the canvas he looked like he (Douglas) was trying to focus on one of his gloves. as if he was dizzy or something.

I always thought he was looking for blood.

Douglas had spent his time after the Tyson fight training---by eating and going on late-night TV talk shows.
So cool to be at a HW title fight, though!

That was Holyfield at close to his physical and athletic best. Pretty cool to have seen him in his prime.

Douglas had spent his time after the Tyson fight training---by eating and going on late-night TV talk shows.
So cool to be at a HW title fight, though!
funny thing was, most people fully expected him to go back to a journeyman's mindset, even after that upset, I know I expected him to lose badly.

That was Holyfield at close to his physical and athletic best. Pretty cool to have seen him in his prime.
ya, he was a fine athlete in those years, underrated if anything.

funny thing was, most people fully expected him to go back to a journeyman's mindset, even after that upset, I know I expected him to lose badly.

Yeah, I knew he was going to get Real Dealed...

Back