On the verge of CM Punk's fight, who else is disappointed for Ben Askren?

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
All these talks about UFC best fighting best & having best fighters in the world, It really doesn't actually make sense.

Now you can hate Ben & his fighting style but you can't diminish his talent, his ring craft & his skills. If CM Punk being 0-0 can secure a fight & makes tons of money, then why not Ben. Why the biggest MMA promotion of the world can't give an elite athlete like Ben Askren his proper value?

It's weird because unlike others Ben didn't duck UFC, He went there to Dana expressing his interest by himself for fighting in UFC. But they declined.

Then Dana goes out there spouting all those bullshits regarding the stature of UFC as the Supreme MMA organization.

Now if you (past Zuffa now WME) Zombies come here defending their actions as business then accept the fact that UFC was never about best fighting best or having the best fighters of the world, It was all about money. or unless they would have secured the service of Ben Askren.

And People diminish Fedor for not fighting in UFC. Look people, this is the state of your prime " Pinnacle of MMA" Organization.

Last edited:
All these talks about UFC best fighting best & having best fighters in the world, It really doesn't actually make sense.

Now you can hate Ben & his fighting style but you can't diminish his talent, his ring craft & his skills. If CM Punk being 0-0 can secure a fight & makes tons of money, then why not Ben. Why not the biggest MMA promotion of the world can't give an elite athlete like Ben Askren his proper value?

It's weird because unless others Ben didn't duck UFC, He went there to Dana expressing his interest by himself for fighting in UFC. But they declined.

Then Dana goes out there spouting all those bullshits regarding the stature of UFC as the Supreme MMA organization.

Now if you (past Zuffa now WME) Zombies come here defending their actions as business then accept the fact that UFC was never about best fighting best or having the best fighters of the world, It was all about money. or unless they would have secured the service of Ben Askren.

And People diminish Fedor for not fighting in UFC. Look people, this is the state of your prime " Pinnacle of MMA" Organization.
agree.

Askren would easily beat 3/4 of the UFC WW roster.
Probably a top 10.
Piss me off too.

They could at least give him a fair deal and put him Vs killer.
If he loss the first couple of fight, Dana would be happy to said he sucked anyway. But at least they give the guy a chance.

raw

Ben Askren doesn't make or break whether UFC is the "supreme" or "pinnacle" MMA Organization, they are regardless. However, yes it would be nice to have Askren in the UFC.

Ben's making good coin to fight in Japan.

All the power to him.

Not really, the reason they didn't sign him had nothing to do with Dana saying "he's not good enough".

They just didn't like him acting like he mattered at all in negotiations. Hence the black ball.

I can't believe people still buy Dana's shit after all these years.

Askren isn't in the UFC because he spent a lot of time talking shit about Dana

you don't talk shit to the person you want to work for

Boring as hell and talked shit on Dana and the UFC and honestly who has he ever beat that mattered? I belive he probably would be lower top ten like 9 or 10 but I don't know as he hasn't fac3d anyone that made me go wow that was a great win.

Now that there are new owners does ben have a chance to get in the UFC or does dana still run things.

They should sign him and that journeyman that was kicking his ass before Askren poked him in the eye, and let them have a rematch.

Askren is making good money to crush cans and exercise his twitter fingers.

Disappointed BY of FOR, because if it's by Askren, then ya, nearly every fight I've seen him in.

He's boring and wanted too much money.

Askren isn't in the UFC because he spent a lot of time talking shit about Dana

you don't talk shit to the person you want to work for

This is the bottom line and all that matters. If Askren wanted to be in the UFC, he would be. Stupid children constantly bringing this topic up are embarrassing.

Theres many great fighters outside of the ufc who the majority on here seem to think aren't ufc caliber.
Then when they get into the ufc sherdog will think they are good. Most of you need to be told who is good. So when he gets into the ufc zuffa will tell you hes very good.

His hips landed him in Japan. Dana is staying on with the UFC so his mouth will keep him in Japan.

But he's a badass.

I don't care anything about Askren. You cant be boring as hell and talk shit about an org you want to fight for; then bitch and complain about not being signed by them.

Back